Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Chennai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Bedwetting Treatment & Management
Treatment of Polio
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Treatment of Cerebral Palsy
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Sids
Treatment of Cough in Children
Treatment of Asthma in Children
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Treatment of Birth Defects
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Dihydrofolate Reductase Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Ekambranath T SYour feedback matters!
My 3 year old son shows very strong resistance to take antibiotics (because of the bitter taste) and refuses to take them. When we try to forcibly give him, he spits it out. At times it happens that he gulps the medicine but immediately vomits. Please suggest solution ?
My baby boy DOB 10/5/16 (8th month running) his weight is 7 kg is he healthy Or weak? please suggestion me. Weight badane k lye kya kr skte he?
My son is having liquid potty since past 4 hours. He is 15 months old has just had some kadhi rice for dinner. Prior he had 250 ml milk. Please revert ASAP.
After baby birth I dint take care of myself and it resulted in obesity grade 2. I wanted a suggestion whether to go for gym/yoga/exercises? Which gives best results.
She has white discharge problem for many years. She has taken a lot of treatment. But she did not get well. She has a child of 7 years old. Now she wants one more child. Is there any problem in getting pregnant. If so please suggest me the right treatment.
Parents are always concerned about their child's physical health, but often ignore their mental health. Along with physical well-being, your child's mental well-being is also equally important.
The following are eight tips to improve your child's mental well-being:
- Adequate sleep: Sufficient amount of sleep is required for a child to stay mentally fit. Parents often engage their children with various classes and activities and compromise on their sleeping hours. This in turn affects the child's mental state. Therefore, as a parent, you must take care not to compromise on your child's sleeping hours.
- Allowing them to play: Nowadays, children are overburdened with studies and other learning activities. They do not get to play quite often. But as a parent, you must take care of your child's schedule, so that he/she can have proper playtime too. Playing involves physical activity as well as creativity in certain cases. This helps to improve mental health.
- Learning to share and care: You must take care to inculcate in your child the values of sharing and caring. These little things can also help improve your child's mental health. Learning how to share with others and caring for others will help them to stay happy.
- Regular exercise: Encouraging your child to regularly exercise will not only help improve his/her physical health, but also mental health. It will also help them to reduce stress and maintain a good mood as well.
- Listen to them: Parents often ignore when children are speaking on less important matters; may be about a new friend or a strict teacher in school. But as a parent, you must take out some time from your daily schedule to listen out to their stories. Listening to them attentively will make them feel important, increase their confidence and hence, improve their mental well-being.
- Encourage them to make friends: Encouraging your child to make new friends will help them to socialize better. They will feel confident about themselves and also open up. This can boost up their mental well-being.
- Good nourishment: Proper nourishment is not only essential for being physically fit, but also mentally fit. Good nourishment will help them stay healthy physically and increase their energy levels. This in turn will positively affect their mental health.
- Make them feel safe: Children need to feel safe in order to stay mentally fit. Try and spend some time with them every day. As a parent, always make your children realize that you are right beside them. Listen to their problems and help them find solutions to solve those instead of scolding them. Help them to relax and feel secure to stay mentally fit.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a the doctor and ask a free question.
My son is 15 years old and his height is around 5'1" His friends (most of them) are much taller than he and this worries me. He used to have wheezing as a kid and was given prescribed steroids by his paediatrician because of which he has put on weight and is less active. His current weight is 60 KGS. Kindly advise.
My son is 3 years old. He is not taking his meal properly. Always not feeling hungry. Can you suggest any iron syrup to gain some weight?
Does your kid spend long hours playing video games? If so, then keep a tab on the type of games he plays. Internet is inundated with new age violent games. These are best avoided. A new study has warned against children playing violent video games. It increases your kid?s susceptibility to depression.
The study showed marked increase in symptoms of depression in as small as fifth graders kids. They played violent games on computer for more than two hours. Those kids who played less violent games fared much better than the former.
Keep your watch on your champs to keep them safe.
My daughter is 6 years old, she suffered from saline infection after her premature birth in right arm. We already operated plastic surgery two times in pgi chandigarh but still growth of the arm is not as left arm and scar is wide please suggest us what to do ?
My new born baby is 5 days old and he has tsh: 178.201 t3: 93.67 t4: 4.74, Can you please let me k ow the complications in the future and the medications to be used, please let me know if it is of any serious as I am really worried.
My baby boy was born on 28-nov-2016 he is a preterm baby born in 7th month my due date was 28-jan-2016 and he was born on 28-nov-16. Now he is around 2.5 months and weights around 3 kgs the problem is that after feeding him for an hour also he still cries for milk so can I give him NUTRICA DEXOLAC SPECIAL CARE formula powder milk? Is it good and harmless?
My child date of birth is 09/09/2012, but yet he is not speking, rest growth is ok. Please suggest the treatment.
I am 15 years old boy. Cough and cold reoccurs again and again especially if weather is cold or changing please recommend remedy.
My child is 4 year and 10 month old. I take proper oral care of him, still he has bad odour in his mouth, especially after he wakes up in the morn and in the afternoon. Can I use listerine mouth wash? please suggest.
My baby is of 2 months now. Due to insufficient breast milk I give her Nan pro formula milk as her feed. 3 times I feed her breast milk and 6 to 7 times I feed her formula milk. Why she have gas problem and secondly can I feed her with bottle during giving her the formula milk?
Infants often suffer from certain diseases which need proper care and timely treatment for quick recovery. At times, it can be difficult to communicate with an infant and understand his/her needs and problems but with a close observation you will surely be able to detect any alteration in the baby's behavior and sense it when he/she is ill. Here are some of the most common diseases infants are susceptible to and what you can do about them.
1. Abdominal distension
It is normal for a baby's belly to stick out after he/she has been fed, but if between feedings there is swelling in the abdomen or it feels hard, it can be an indication of a problem. If this symptom is accompanied by vomiting and absence of bowel movements for more than two days, your baby may be suffering from abdominal distention. This condition may have been caused by swallowing of extra air by the baby while crying or feeding. In such a situation, a pediatrician should be consulted for proper diagnosis and treatment.
It is common among newborns to develop mild forms of jaundice as the undeveloped liver is often not able to eliminate the chemical bilirubin from the blood. Mostly, this situation proves to be harmless till the level of bilirubin reaches a certain limit. After that, the disease must be properly treated to avoid damage to the baby's brain or nervous system.
3. Rsv infection
Rsv or respiratory syncytial virus is responsible for causing respiratory problems among infants. Rsv infection usually affects the bronchial passage and shows symptoms like cough, runny nose and mild fever which may even lead to bronchitis. Moreover, this infection may also develop into viral pneumonia, which makes it more important to consult a pediatrician if your baby shows any of the above symptoms.
Infants are susceptible to watery bowel movements due to the action of virus, allergens, specific medications or bacteria. If you observe that your baby is passing stools more often than usual and it is watery, then it may be a case of diarrhea. Sometimes, these symptoms are accompanied by high fever, abdominal pain, lethargy, vomiting, dry eyes and mouth etc. In this situation you should consult your pediatrician and focus on replacing the fluids your baby has lost, to prevent dehydration.