Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Ejaz Ahmed SheriffYour feedback matters!
The TSH was 7-8 (3-4 years back) I was prescribed Thyroxine 75 OD but unfortunately I discontinued it 2 years back. Now these days, I felt overweight (100 Kg / 5' 10.5' Hight) and less energy so I get the test again by self. The results were. 27/Sep/16 T3 94 (Ref: 60 - 200) T4 3.1 (Ref: 4.5 - 12.0) TSH 18.92 (Reff: 0.30 - 5.5) I met my doctor and he advised to continue with Thyroxine 75 OD. Later after one month I get these tests done again. 7/Nov/16 T3 94 (Ref: 60 - 200) T4 6.2 (Ref: 4.5 - 12.0) TSH 7.45 (Reff: 0.30 - 5.5) I was advised to get Lipid profile as well, so reports are. TOTAL CHOLESTEROL 190 mg/dl (Ref: 125 - 200) HDL CHOLESTEROL - DIRECT 30 mg/dl (Ref: 35-80) TRIGLYCERIDES 506 mg/dl (Ref: 25 - 200) LDL CHOLESTEROL - DIRECT 100 mg/dl (Ref: 85 - 130) VLDL CHOLESTEROL 101.12 mg/dl (Ref: 5 - 40) TC/ HDL CHOLESTEROL RATIO 6.3 Ratio (Ref: 3.0 - 5.0) LDL / HDL RATIO 3.3 Ratio (Ref: 1.5 - 3.5) NON-HDL CHOLESTEROL 159.7 mg/dl (Ref: < 160) Please suggest if I am suffering from something serious. However I have started walk for 1-2 KM every evening.
I have cough in my chest when I breathe through mouth my chest sound like there is lot of mucus in my chest. It is happening from 1 week. I had clod dat time please suggest me.
I am a 38 years old female from past 3 months I am undergoing a condition where my heart palpitates too much at a couple of times my heart beat went up to the rate of 170-180 /min and I was hospitalized, addition to this I have some sort of internal pain in my right arm which is not constant at a single place rather keeps changing position and I do feel numbness and pain in my smallest finger. Addition to this I am having gastric condition too, I have consulted and underwent medication referred by various specialist doctors and undergone number of clinical tests (all reports have been normal) but all efforts in vain. Doctors have not been able to diagnose the cause for all this and have been saying that all this is because of stress conditions and psychological. I request you to please help me and guide me as to what should I do to improve my condition as I am living my life under tremendous fear that due to these palpitation / high increase of heart beat might lead to a heart failure condition.
My wife is 45 years old. She is hypertensive and taking medication (Concord 2.5 mg 1 tab/day) for it and her BP is normally under control. For last 2 weeks she has been complaining of extreme weakness. All her tests related to liver, heart & kidney function are normal. Her haemoglobin is 12.3. What can be reason of extreme weakness and what treatment she should take?
I am suffering from blood pressure for six months using medicine I am not interested for using medicine because my age just 27 how to control bp without medicine is it possible while using med any side effects or not.
! am 50 years old. I am using BP tablets lose-H since 10 years. Actually I do morning walk and yoga. And I don't have BP in fact. May stop using BP tablets. Or at least, may shift to Ayurveda/home/Unani as alternative medicine for the same issue. Recently, I was impressed with Ayurveda treatment for some other issue. Please give suggestion.
Hi Team, I'm feeling giddy since 3 days. I have consulted near by doctor and tested my BP and it's normal. But I feel the same again. Eyes feel like things around me rotating and after half an hour I feel in normal. Could you suggest me how to avoid this and medicine for this. Thank you. Regards Ganesh Jakotiya.
Hi My Name is Rakesh Sharma I am 27 yrs old. From last 8 months I am suffering from High Blood Pressure (Hypertension) on an average 200/124. What should I do?
Coronary artery disease, also known as coronary heart disease or CHD, is a kind of disease in which a wax-like substance called plaque, builds up in the coronary arteries.
Function of Coronary Artery
The task of coronary arteries is to supply oxygen rich blood to the heart muscles. When there is the growth of plaque in these arteries, the condition is termed as atherosclerosis. Plaque builds up over the years, and it hardens or ruptures with time. When plaque gets hardened, it narrows the coronary arteries and thus disrupts the flow of oxygen-rich blood to the heart muscles causing coronary heart diseases. Millions of people are diagnosed with heart diseases, nowadays.
Though it is true that living with a heart disease is not easy, it is not impossible either. Many people are successfully leading a happy life in spite of having such diseases. With some major changes in your lifestyle, food habits and with the help of exercises and a healthy diet, it is possible to enjoy a happy life, irrespective of your diseases.
Here are six ways that would help you to lead a better life, even if you have been diagnosed with coronary artery disease.
- Lifestyle changes: This is the first point that needs to be kept in mind if you are a CAD patient. Lifestyle changes are essential to make for a better health and life. Smoking and drinking have to be given up completely. It is advised to avoid secondary smoke, as much as possible.
- Exercises: This is the next important activity that needs to be a part of your daily routine to lead a healthy life. Consult with your doctor about the types of exercise that would suit your conditions. Some common exercises that would help are walking, jogging, and swimming, for at least 30 minutes at the most. Choose whichever activity you like doing. The motive of exercises is to get your heart-rate up.
- A Heart healthy diet: Get a chart prepared for your diet by a dietitian or by your doctor. This will keep your disease from getting worse. Stick to a heart-healthy eating plan, which consists of foods that can lower your risk of heart attack, stroke, etc. Include more fruits, vegetables, and other high fibre foods in your daily diet. Go for foods that are low in saturated fats, trans-fats, and cholesterol. Try to include fish into your diet.
- Maintain a healthy weight: Being overweight or obese aggravates any disease. So it is important to keep your body weight perfect.
- Taking medicines as prescribed: It is important to take medicines regularly and as prescribed by the physician.
- Keeping tensions, anxiety to a minimum: These will make the situation worse if you are CAD patient. So try to keep tension and anxiety away and lead a healthy life. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cardiologist.
I feel nausea and dizziness due to low pressure. Is there anything I can do to increase blood pressure?
What should we do when blood pressure go higher for immediate release? Some time my mother have this problem. She is 49 years old.
I am high BP patient (160/90) & am under medication. What are natural products I can consume to bring high BP down?
I am 28 years old. My BP is 107/67. Is it normal to have slightly low BP. It has not caused any symptoms except dizziness if I don't have food for long. So should I go for any medicines or not.
Hello, I am 48 years old approx. And I am have high blood pressure. Could you please suggest me what diet I have to take to control my BP. And I want to purchase a BP measuring machine which one I have to buy.
High blood pressure is a condition that is characterized by increased pressure on the walls of the artery. This condition occurs when the systolic pressure (contraction of the heart) is greater than 130 and the diastolic pressure (relaxation of the heart) hovers around 90 over a period of time.
If the condition is not treated, then heart muscles and blood vessels come under a lot of strain. It is caused by factors such as:
- Excessive consumption of salt
- Not consuming vegetables
- If you are obese
- Over consumption of alcohol
- If you lead a sedentary lifestyle
Ayurveda is a holistic method of treatment that focuses on improving your overall wellbeing. It is free from side effects as it is a natural method of treatment. The various Ayurvedic remedies to treat high blood pressure are:
- Diet: Include vegetables and fruits in your diet as they provide your body with the necessary nutrients. Make sure that you are not eating excess carbohydrates and fats. Avoid junk foods in your diet, consume natural foods such as whole grains and legumes. Eat foods such as brown rice and whole wheat as they provide steady stream of energy in the body.
- Yoga: Make sure to add yoga workouts to your morning routine as they help in keeping your body supple and flexible. It also helps you in relaxing and centering yourself so as to reduce mental stress. Start off with simple postures such as upward dog and the cobra.
- Remain Active: If you are the type of person who leads a sedentary lifestyle, then you need to get off the couch. A sedentary lifestyle is known to increases the risk if high blood pressure and diabetes. Follow an exercise regimen to keep your heart healthy.
- Avoid stressful activities: Avoid situations that take a toll on your mental health as they can create complications if you are suffering from high blood pressure. In your free time, indulge in activities that provide a source of relaxation and peace such as playing or reading a book.