Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Durga DeviYour feedback matters!
My son aged 23 years old having eyes problem having high myopia now his no in right eye -13.0 cynd -1.50 axix 80 in left eye -11.0 cynd1. 50axix 60 now no constant fr last 2 years he want t use operated when vision 6/4 in both eyes can number will increase in future.
I m facing a little problem I have red eyes for 2days and I used ciplox drop twice a day. But nothing happened. Is something serious?
I have a problem of eye floaters due to excess masturbation and I also operate computers all the day? What should I do to get rid from eye flattering and head ache all the day? Please help me doctor.
I have double vision problem and right eye with an amblyopia .Doctor said right eye is with optic atrophy .So no solution .Is der is any treatment from which i could see with clear vision and not with double vision.
I am 18 years old and my eye gets watery while studying or while watching tv. What should I so to cure this problem?
I had undergone LASIK eye surgery 1 year ago. Now my eyes remain dry and yellow n red spots on my eyeball. Any eye drop to whiten my eyeballs?
I am suffering from myopia, my both eyes number is more than -4.5. Now a days I am using specs. But I want to get rid of these glasses, please give me some information for removing my eye glasses by any natural or scientific way.
My eyes always pain when I wake up in the morning. My always put my spectacles on. Spectacles are of perfect power. What are the causes that my eyes pain all the time?
My skin is degrading day by day. Since Jan 2015 my skin is degrading regularly. First of all in the starting my skin started burning and it seems like a smoke red. My skin started getting rough & dry then. Now even I got pores also in both my cheeks. Got eye bags now where even my veins under my eyes are easily visible. Consulted 2-3 dermatologists but did not receive any benefit. I am really getting tensed & frustrated now. Please suggest me something so that I can have the best solution for me.
Hello Doctor, I have a trigimal neuralgia in my right side of forehead near eye from last 3 years. Very sharp shooting electric pain to touch the eyes or effected area of face. Generally it started in between sept to March. On winter season. Please suggest any permanent solution for this. Thanks & Regards
I have to work 12 hours on pc everyday. How should I take care of my eyes? should I use any drops daily?
One of the most common ailments that affect elders the most is cataract. Cataract develops gradually and can occur in one or both eyes and if not treated in time can cause blindness. Most cataracts are not visible to the naked eye, but in some cases, a dense cataract can make the pupil appear white. A cataract can be defined as a dense, cloudy build up of protein masses on the eye lens. This obstructs the light falling on the retina and does not allow the retina to form a clear image.
Advancing in age is one of the most common causes of cataracts. Along with this, there are several other factors that play a role in the development of cataracts as well. These include smoking,exposure to ultraviolet radiation, long term use of steroids, trauma, radiation therapy and diabetes. Anything that triggers an overproduction of chemically altered oxygen molecules in the body can increase your risk of suffering from this condition. Hypertension and a family history of cataracts can also put you at a higher risk of developing cataracts. Poor nutrition or a diet that is deficient in antioxidants can also put you at a high risk of suffering from this condition.
Cataracts can be categorized on the basis of where and how they develop in the eye. This categorization is based on location:
- Nuclear Cataract: These develop in the middle of the lens and turn the center of the eye yellow. Nuclear cataracts are typically associated with aging.
- Cortical cataract: These develop around the edges of the nucleus and are wedge shaped. Gradually, spokes emitted from these wedges work themselves towards the center of the eye.
- Posterior capsular cataract: These are among the faster growing cataracts and develop at the back of the lens.They are also known as subcapsular cataracts. Cataracts triggered by diabetes or the prolonged use of steroids usually fall in this category.
Categorization based on how they develop:
- Congenital cataract: These are present at birth or develop within the first year of a baby's life. Congenital cataracts are rare.
- Secondary cataract: These are triggered as a side effect of medications or diseases like glaucoma and diabetes. Prolonged use of steroids like prednisone can also lead to the development of such cataracts.
- Traumatic cataract: Cataract that is developed as a result of an injury to the eye is known as traumatic cataracts. They have a very slow rate of development.
- Radiation cataract: It develops as a side effect of radiation therapy used to treat cancer.