Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Durga DeviYour feedback matters!
I am 65 year old female. I was replaced with prosthetic mitral valve in 1990. I am on warfarin/a intron since then and monitoring INR monthly for adjustment of warfarin/ acitrom. Since last about 4 years I on Acitrom 2 mg daily. I was operated for subdural clot in brain due to fall while walking and was operated for its removal in 2000. I am taking metolar 50mg daily on that account. I am also taking digoxin 1/2 daily. I am now advised to go for cataract operation by eye surgeon in right eye. Is there any risk for the cataract removal surgery. What precaution are required during surgery. Any special advice for cataract surgery.
Eye Pain and Visibility Male, 36 Respected Doctors, 1. Im 36 years old male person. 2. I am a glaucoma patient and already had glaucoma and cataract surgery before an year. RIGHT EYE ONLY 3. After glaucoma and cataract combined surgery I am in more trouble. First vision is not so clear as earlier. And there is so much pain in my LEFT eye.
I have myopic eyes since 2009. The minus power increases every year. How will I cure my eyes better so that I could stop the progression of myopia? Also tell me about foods, vitamin and medicine to get my eye sight better.
I have red eyes for over three days, what should I do? What kind of precautions I should take? What kind of food is good in this situation? What kind of medicine I should take?
What would be the cost of squint treatment in a 2.6 year old. He has not worn glasses yet though it was prescribed to him. I want to get an idea so that we can get him treated quickly.
Hi, My wife who is 36 years old having severe pain in her right eye and right part of her head, please advise which doctor should we consult.
T have myasthenia gravis since 2008 l am m-70 took astroids and developed minor diabetes.Now get tired early ,left eye has less visibilty,slight breathing trouble.
Why I am so coward, I get scared easily, I i get fear easily, I avoid confrontation, in school days people used to beat me and I used to say nothing to them ,why I do not have confidence to beat them, is this due to poor self esteem or lack of confidence I have a squint in my eyes and even if a small child tease me or say something me I get hurt easily, why I am so morally weak, why I am born such morally weak.Please tell.
my daughter have only 20% grip of her hand from her berth and now started a kind of problem in her eye and fell down while waking. What shall be done for this?
I have low vision of eye sight so what should I do to cure my eyes properly and to cure my vision of eyes.
If you suffer from dry eyes, up your seafood intake. Salmon, sardines, and mackerel contain omega-3 fatty acids, which the body uses to produce tears, among other things. Research suggests that people who consume higher amounts of these fats are less likely to have dry eyes.
The best medicines and vegetables and fruits to beat eye problem like minus power and squint to my daughter of 3 years old.
During summer you try to take special care about the overall health of your body, particularly, your eyes. Eyes are one of the most important organs of the body, and the scorching summer heat can cause serious eye problems like conjunctivitis, infections, red eye, migraines etc., which is why it's important to take proper care of eyes during the summer season.
Here are some tips to keep your eyes cool and protected during the summer:
- Wearing sunglasses is very important when you are outdoors as it protects your eyes from the harmful UVA and UVB light. This will help in avoiding migraines and even serious conditions like cataract.
- Avoid midday sunshine. Stay indoors as much as possible during the middle of the day to avoid the sunshine then when the effect of the sun and ultraviolet radiation exposure are at their peak.
- When you plan to go for a swim, make sure you wear your swimming goggles. Otherwise you might catch conjunctivitis.
- You should not splash water into the eyes directly unless any foreign particles such as dust enter your eyes. This might damage the tear film of the eye, which protects your eyes.
- You need to maintain proper hygiene by washing your hands and face properly as soon as you reach home so that dust or grime does not enter the eyes as their entry can result in allergies and infections.
- You can keep a slice of cucumber on each of your eyes to relax and cool them down.
- 6 to 8 hours of sleep are a must as they help in revitalizing your eyes.
- Adding green vegetables, carrots, nuts, liver and fruits to your diet would be very beneficial for the health of your eyes. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ophthalmologist.