Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. DineshYour feedback matters!
I believe my sperm. Counts are low as it is hardly few drops even after a week or 10 days. How can I increase sperm count?
Hi ,My mom is 50 years old and she have diabetes and high blood pressure both. From last 1-2 years she is losing her weight so badly. Can you help something to gain some weight of her.
I have had cold for almost a week now. What are some home remedies for treatment of cough and cold. Also what should I do to avoid cough?
I have bleeding when I going to toilet. Please suggest medicine that stop blooding in piles. Please give medicine for treat piles.
I am 30 years old male and I have skin itching problem. After itching rashes comes with pinkish colours and disappears after some times with taking any medication. First, it's started from legs but now it's occurs all parts of body almost and no times is definite. Need help.
What are the prevention method of viral fever and what we can do if a person is suffering from this disease.
Hello sir/madam. Im bit confuse. Some Dr. are allowed to have sex with pregnant wife and some are not. Coz my wife also is in her 2nd month. Some Dr. are advising to avoid sex on first 3 and last 2 months while some are saying its safe and ok. Its hard for me to control while im with her. Pliz help us with your valuable suggestion, so that I cam follow your advice and will be helpful for my wife and child.
I got Frequently ache in head. I am bot able to listen loud sounds like horns ,alarm clock etc doc said that may be its because of stress and it can cause migraine .sir I dont know what to do to avoid that please help me.
Need help with boil at my anal area. I am not in India I have got this issue a stag of skin coming out of my anal and it's kind off bleeding and paining me while walking and sleeping. Kindly advise what should I do and which medicine should I apply and how long it will take to go. Thanks.
I am having a headache nowadays whenever I go out in sun I face this issue. What is the remedy? Need serious help.
One of the most common problems faced by ageing men is benign prostatic hypertrophy. Prostate is the gland at the base of the urethra near the bladder and when it enlarges it can lead to symptoms, mostly related to urination.
1. Frequent urge to pass urine
2. Prolonged urination
3. Frequent nocturnal visits to the toilet
4. Intermittent urination
5. Difficulty to start urinating
6. Inability to completely empty the bladder
7. Urinary tract infections
There are medications available to manage this, but offer only temporary relief. Many men therefore prefer to have the surgery undergone to manage these bothersome symptoms. However, like any surgery, the risks and benefits need to be considered along with other conditions like age, overall health status, other comorbid conditions, etc.
Surgical removal of the enlarged prostate gland is a more definitive approach to manage these symptoms. In addition to providing a quick cure, it also is used in the following cases:
1. Patients who do not respond to medications
2. Presence of blood in the urine
3. Associated bladder stones
4. Frequent infections of the urinary tract
5. Associated damage to the kidneys
Procedure of Surgery
During the procedure, a tube is passed through the tip of the penis into the urethra towards the bladder neck. Once it is in the desired position, laser is passed through it to deliver energy that acts on the prostate to either completely or partially destroy it. There are two methods by which laser acts on the enlarged prostate and making way for free flow of the urine.
1. Ablation: Excess prostate tissue is melted away by the laser by using photosensitive vaporization of the prostate. This is also known as Greenlight laser therapy or KTP laser vaporization. Alternately, Holmium can be used as the source of laser energy to ablate the prostate tissue.
2. Enucleation: Excess prostate tissue is cut and teased out through the urethra. Holmium laser is used to resect the prostate into smaller pieces, which are then removed out through a resectoscope. Another technique uses a tissue morcellator which grinds the enlarged prostate into smaller pieces to enable easy retrieval.
More men now opt for laser prostate removal as it has the following advantages:
1. Reduced risk of bleeding: This becomes essentially important in patients who are on blood thinners.
2. No hospitalization: This can be done either as an outpatient or with minimal one day stay at the hospital
3. Immediate symptom relief: As compared to medications, the relief is felt almost immediately after the surgery
4. No catheter: With laser surgery, a catheter may be required for less than 24 hours unlike in open surgical cases.
As noted above, as with any surgery, once enlarged prostate symptoms set in, have a detailed discussion with your doctor to identify if you are a suitable candidate for laser surgery.