Lybrate.com has an excellent community of ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. DhanasekharYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from pharyngitis from 7-8 months. Can you suggest me that how to cure that. I done endoscopy, the result is chronic tonsillitis and GERD at BOT.
Muhje bahut tonsal's problem hai thik nahi ho rahi hai or muhje usme right side stone bataya hai Dr. ne xray m 2 jis wajha se khana khane me dikkat hoti please solution batae kuch.
Sir I have big flat and wide nose that makes my whole look bad. What should I do reduce my nose size. Is nose reshaper is good foe me or I will go for rhinoplasty and what is the cost of rhinoplasty?
Here are allergic issues of the Nose
Hello, I am Dr. Manish Prakash, senior ENT consultant at Mayom Hospital, Gurgaon. Today we are going to talk about allergic issues of the nose.
More commonly nasal allergies are referred to as Allergic Rhinitis. These allergies can either be seasonal or perennial allergies. Seasonal allergies majorly manifest in terms of seasonal changes whereas perennial allergies would be present throughout the year and they would tend to bother patients all through the year. These allergies are caused by allergens, most of which are aero allergens, sometimes they can be food allergens as well. These aero allergens are present in our environment commonly like pollens, house dust, mites and can lead to a lot of allergic reactions in the nose. A typical allergic reaction manifests itself whenever the body comes in contact with an allergen. There are a lot of problems in the nose in terms of itching and watery discharge from the nose. The eyes sometimes tend to become red and itch. These manifest in a lot of sneezing and sometimes it may also be associated with some wheezing and difficulty in breathing also. This typical allergic reaction may last for few minutes and may go on for few hours as well. It can incapacitate the patient and lead to a lot of problems in the workplace.
Now we are going to discuss how we handle these allergic problems. The easiest and best way to handle these is to avoid the Allergens. So we try to identify based on the history, the experience of the patient and some clinical testing to find out what is the allergen which is causing the problem to the patient. So typically we start with some IGE profiling which is a blood test which can tell us about the allergy status of the patient and that will give us an idea of how much is the allergy level within the patient’s body. Also nowadays we do some Allergy Profiling Test. These tests can tell us as to we are having a specific allergy to which particular allergen and we can do some blood tests which can guide us towards the further treatment of the patient. Also, we have some Skin Allergy Testing which is what we call as Skin Prick Allergy Testing. This test can help us to differentiate between the various types of allergies.
These allergies may sometimes be used as a prick test over the body either typically over the forearm or shoulder and if there is any swelling in the place of the pricking it confirms that there is an allergic reaction of the body towards this particular thing. Once, we are diagnosed of what we are allergic to, we have to start avoiding that particular thing but sometimes we come across things which are very common in our environment and we cannot avoid them like dust mites, pollens to which we can get exposed to whenever we go out. So we have to think about allergy suppression. When we talk about allergy suppression, it would mean that we can either use some anti histaminic which can help us to suppress the allergic symptoms which are present within the body. Typically we can use over the counter available medication like Cetrazin which can help us to decrease the severity of such kind of symptoms.
Patients who have very high allergy levels and continuous symptoms are often advised to use some nasal sprays. These are typically INCS nasal sprays which are intranasal cortical steroid sprays. They help us to decrease the inflammation inside the nose and also decrease the allergic manifestations which lead to improvement in the patient’s overall well-being. Many of these anti allergic medications may need a long term usage and the latest medications which are available are very good and very safe and they can be used for a long period of time. Nowadays we also have newer modalities in terms of immunotherapy in which we can make some vaccines for the allergens which we have diagnosed to these allergy testing and we can serially expose the patient over a period of time and that can help us to decrease the sensitivity to these allergies and over a period of time it will lead to decreased manifestations of allergies and decreased dependence on anti allergic medications.
If you have any such kind of problems in terms of nasal allergy or any other ENT problem you can contact me through Lybrate.com or visit my clinic at Mayom Hospital, South City-1, Gurgaon. Thank you.
I am an 18 year old boy. The problem I have is of vertigo. I experience several times in a day, and happens most of the time when I bend my neck backwards, or lie down. I take vertin 24, but to no relief. What must I do?
I am 27 year old unmarried boy from 10 year I am feeling loss of appetite, I sleep too much, I can't concentrate or find that previously easy tasks are now difficult, I feel hopeless and helpless, I can't control my negative thoughts, no matter how much I try, I m much more irritable, short-tempered, or aggressive than usual, feeling very weak and my body is very slim, i' m not interested in eating no matter it is so delicious and sometime also feeling fatigue, lightheadedness, dizziness, nausea, blurry vission what I do please consult me sir
Hi, I am 47 year old suffering from ear problem. Something I am hearing in both ears like hissing sound. Please help me.
Hi I have breathing problem at night while sleeping, many a times I get up grasping for breath. I have had sinus problem since childhood. I also snore a lot. My neck has grown fat.
Physical pain can often be overwhelming especially for children. Ear ache can cause terrible discomfort to children and can give sleepless nights to both children and parents. It is important for new mom and dads to know the basic causes and remedies of an ear ache. That way the little kids can get relief faster. We will help you know more about ear pain in children. Infants and toddlers suffer more, as they can’t express their discomfort. It is crucial to watch out for symptoms like high fever, pulling or tugging ear, white or yellowish discharge coming out of the ear, restlessness, loss of sleep and appetite.
- The most common cause for ear pain is Acute Otitis Media (AOM) or middle ear infection. Small children are especially vulnerable to this infection. The infection causes fever and pain in children. Infection occurs when the fluid produced, can’t be drained by the Eustachian tube. It happens mostly after a bout of cold in kids. Because of it, the Eustachian tube gets swollen making it difficult for the fluid to flow out.
- Tonsillitis or an infection of the tonsils can also lead to an ear ache.
- Too much ear wax can also cause pain in the ear.
- In the case of a mild case of infection, certain home remedies can give immediate relief. So before running to the emergency, try a few of these.
- A hot or cold compress can give some relief. Get a heating pad or ice bag/ pack for this treatment. Children and even adults benefit from this remedy. However, it is not advisable to use heating pads on babies.
- If the child is old enough to sleep with a pillow keep his/her head elevated.
- If the pain is too much to bear, over the counter analgesics like acetaminophen or ibuprofen can be given provided the stipulated dose for children and infants are maintained.
- If the pain is light, simple distraction method works great among children. They can be engaged with either a storybook, a new toy or some game. Letting them munch on their favourite snack can also help.
- Some home remedies recommend putting a few drops of olive oil inside the ear. Though this method does not have any scientific base, it might give relief, however, it is necessary to check with your child’s doctor before applying this.
- The most common way to treat this infection is, however, by giving them antibiotics. If the pain persists, visit your child’s doctor, let them examine his/her ears and then if he feels he will prescribe antibiotics.
Prevention Is Better Than Cure:
Says all seasoned parents. Hence know when to be careful to avoid further ear infections. Some point to ponder.
- Since ear infections typically start with a common cold, get your child a flu vaccine every year. This will prevent him from catching cold often.
- If your child is going to the daycare or school, make sure they do not encourage the sick child to come to school.
- Do not let your infant lie down with a bottle before sleeping. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ent specialist.