Lybrate.com has an excellent community of ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Dhanasekhar
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. DhanasekharYour feedback matters!
My nose is drying up very fast. Getting irritation and feel like dusty dusty. Please guide me. I am drinking water very well. I am a housewife.
The structure of the ear can be broadly divided into three parts; the outer ear or visible part, the middle ear and the inner ear. The middle ear is highly susceptible to bacterial and viral infections. Ear infections can affect infants, children and adults. Ear infections are triggered by the blockage or swelling of tubes within the ear. These tubes are known as eustachian tubes.
This may be caused by:
- Sinus infections
- Cold or flu
- Excessive mucus
- Swollen adenoids or an adenoid infection
- Change in air pressure
Symptoms of an ear infection may be noticed in one or both ears. These symptoms vary from person to person. In some cases, they may come and go while in others, they can be experienced for a long stretch of time. In most cases, symptoms of a chronic ear infection are less noticeable as compared to an acute ear infection.
Some of the most common ear infection symptoms are:
- Ear pain: In the case of an ear infection in only one ear, the pain may be mild but if it has affected both ears, the patient can be caused considerable pain in the ears. This pain is usually more severe when the patient is lying down.
- Discharge of pus from the ears: Ear infections that affect the eardrum can cause fluid or pus to flow out of the ears. In some cases, there may also be a little bleeding. Do not plug the ears to keep this discharge from flowing as it can aggravate the infection further.
- Loss of hearing: A blockage in the middle ear can make sounds appear muffled. This can temporarily affect hearing. It is usually relieved when the infection is cured.
- Sensation of pressure in the ear canal: The buildup of fluid within the ear canal can make it feel full and create a sense of pressure. If the infection affects only one ear, this pressure can cause a sense of dis-balance.
- Fussiness in young infants: Ear infections can be very painful and uncomfortable for young infants. It can make it difficult for them to sleep, make them cranky and more irritable than usual.
- Fever: Ear infections can cause a fever that is often higher than 100 degrees. If it crosses 102 degrees, a doctor must be consulted immediately.
- Loss of balance: The ears not only help us hear but also influence our sense of balance. A middle ear infection can cause dizziness, vertigo and nausea.
I am 37 year old unmarried. From past few months suffering from giddiness which doctor predicting it as vertigo problem. Even I have hypo thyroid problem. How can I get rid of these?
I have buzzing sound in my ear continuously that makes me irritated is it tinnitus? if yes then what I should do?
I have some pain in my left neck. Jaw and ear ent doctor adv face xray_normal report .throat swabculture+susceptibility report say _gram positive cocci in pairs and chain. Doctor adv azithromycin montemac_L and some other medi. But after sometime problem is back. Pls adv me some medicines.
When I try to swallow food or drink fluid after it passes a 'place' in tongue I feel pain in my ears. What should I do.
I hear light sound ( it sounds like shrill, continuously).The sound appears to be from my left ear. It does not trouble me much and feel only when I concentrate on it. Can it be cured?
I have debris in my tonsils. Is there any cure for this. They always comes back in some days. I feel some pain in my jaw due to this too.
Sinusitis or sinus infections can be quite a debilitating ailment when it becomes recurrent. Sinuses are cavities within our head just behind the nose which extends up to our forehead and to certain areas of the cheeks. These cavities are filled with a mucosal lining which helps you breathe and also filters the air which goes to the lungs. When the mucosal lining gets inflamed, it blocks the normal drainage of the mucus into the nose. This results in headaches, nasal polyps and general discomfort. Homeopathy offers some great remedies for this condition, without side effects. Some of these are discussed below.
Homeopathic remedies for sinus problems
- Belladonna: This medication is very effective when the sinusitis has resulted in a suppressed discharge from the nose which occurs intermittently. If you have a splitting headache which feels unbearable, Belladonna can help relieve the symptoms quickly. If the infection of the sinus has spread to the throat and results in cough, Belladonna can be equally effective in those circumstances as well.
- Pulsatilla: If you are experiencing a greenish mucosal discharge from your nose without a painful burning sensation within it, Pulsatilla can be a very effective cure. Another indication where this medication is very effective is when you have headaches centered just above your eyes rather than over the forehead or other parts of your face.
- Kali Bichrome: This is another commonly prescribed medication to deal with the symptoms of sinusitis as well as to reduce inflammation and cure sinusitis altogether. If you have a lot of mucosal discharge that drops into your throat along with discharges through the nose, Kali Bichrome is the drug to go to. Other indications where it is effective are pain and heaviness in the nose and the inability to breathe with headaches in and around the eyes.
- Silicea: If you are feeling cold and constantly chilly along with nasal stuffiness, Silicea is the medication to go to. Along with discharges, your nose may form hard mucous crusts within it. Trying to manually remove these crusts may also cause bleeding. Silicea will reduce these symptoms and is also effective in reducing a headache which occurs mostly on the left side of your face.
- Merc Sol: If you are experiencing a yellowish green discharge from the nose along with a burning sensation and increased saliva secretion in your mouth, Merc Sol is the remedy to turn to. It is also effective wherein the headache has spread all around the head. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.