Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. DhanapalYour feedback matters!
I am 30 years old. I have 15 months old baby. Hez on my feed too. Since last month there is a change in my monthly cycle. Last month it got a day before n now its 3 days before d due date. Is it normal? I was eating eggs regularly since a week.
Are there any long-term effects associated with taking ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) medications? If so, what are they and what medications are implicated? What exactly is a spine block injection? Will it work long-term for low back pain due to disc problems? What causes Hashimoto's thyroiditis, and what is the best method of treatment? Can iodine help this condition?
My son is 2 year 9 month old he is not eating food they want only fruit how increase its health he was become to road how to increase his health ?
After DPT vaccination fever of my 3.5 months old baby weighing 5.9 kg raised to 101. Dr. Asked to give 2 ml of ibugesic plus as fever was not dropping with other paracetamol syrup Now I have read on internet Ibugesic plus is not safe for infants below 1 year. I am very much worried will it harm my baby?
My baby is 1.5 month old. I feed and from down she goes urine. She keep on keeping some sound as if she cries. Even she dont have sound sleep. And keep on making some sounds in sleep.
My son is 7 years old he is suffering from headache n dizziness, while dizzying he sees cars around his eyes, dizziness is not regular but some times, pls advice what to do?
I have a kid of 8 months she often feels difficulty while passing motion she struggles a lot and yesterday we met a doctor suggested to give pielin kid for 10 days and another doctor suggested durlcolum syrup can you please suggest me and now my kid is stepped to 9 months still she is in scrolling stage but she tries to front but many people says that your kid has to go front and many kids had been started walking if this is the situation remains the same you have to give treatment to her is it sir her weight is 7 kgs.
My baby is 4 months old. My milk is not sufficient for my baby. Can you suggest me the food to increase the production of my milk.
My 5 year baby have some fungus infections in her hand. I m using clotrimazole dusting powder from last 5 days but no improvement please suggest something better treatment.
My 1.5 Year child not eating properly. Only taking milk .is any food supplement for him.Please tell.
My son is 4 month old. (birth weight is 2.75) his weight is 5.75 kg. Head circumference is 40 cm. Is it normal? Having mothers milk only. When will I start semi solid foods?
My son is 5.3yrs old, he has stuffed nose and cold.How do I identify the wheeze? Medication for cold?
Hi a 18 day old baby not getting mother milk due insufficient flow of milk. Henceforth baby drinking cow milk. Can you please suggest any supplement for baby to make them healthy and any medicine to their mother to flow of milk.
My son is now three years old, six months & twenty two days. Question is, he is not eating easily to any foods items. Only pressure then he will eating rice, chapati, vegetable, milk, any thing. Health is not weak, his body is normal. Now, what I can do for normal eating and what is your advice on this.? Thanks & regards
Are you aware of the number of people who suffer because of pneumonia? As the weather becomes cold and damp, chances of getting affected by pneumonia increases. Pneumonia can originate from virus, bacteria and a host of other factors. It is one of the most common ailment which affects the adults, all over the world. Hence, it is important for all of us to prevent ourselves from pneumonia and for that we can follow the below mentioned steps:
- Know about the symptoms of pneumonia first: It is difficult to detect or diagnose pneumonia, especially in people over the age of 65. In older patients, the common symptoms such as fever, chills, cough may not be experienced. You should watch out for non-respiratory symptoms like weakness, dizziness, delirium and confusion. It is even more difficult to diagnose pneumonia in people who are suffering from preexisting conditions.
- Practice good hygiene: Common respiratory infections, influenza and cold may cause pneumonia. You should follow hygienic habits. Wash your hands regularly before meals and use hand sanitizers in order to prevent the illness from spreading. You should also maintain proper oral hygiene as several oral infections may also lead to pneumonia. You should also keep away from people who are affected by pneumonia or any other illness like flu, cold and serious diseases such as measles or chicken pox. All these factors may cause pneumonia.
- Get vaccinated: It is recommended for people of all ages who may be at a risk of getting pneumonia to get vaccinated and immunised against pneumonia causing virus called pneumococcal pneumonia. This is a one-time vaccine, which prevents and reduces the severity of pneumonia. A booster vaccine after every five years may also be prescribed. Elderly people should be vaccinated against all diseases which cause pneumonia.
- Quit smoking: Smoking accounts for being a major cause or risk factor for pneumonia. It increases a person’s chance of getting pneumonia as the lungs’ ability to defend themselves from the infection is reduced. By quitting smoking, you will be able to prevent pneumonia.
- Maintain a good general health: Maintaining an overall good health and following healthy habits will help you in preventing pneumonia. This is because your immune system stays strong and is able to fight efficiently against pneumonia-causing infections. A proper diet with all essential nutrients is also recommended along with regular physical exercise and proper rest.
Severe cases of pneumonia are capable of making you suffer and you may be admitted to a hospital. According to studies, it has been estimated that more than 60% of people over the age of 65 need to be hospitalised because of pneumonia.