Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Devi
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. DeviYour feedback matters!
I did not get my period. I had my last period on november 2 and today it is december 3.I had a foreplay with my husband the previous month but there was no sexual intercourse he ejaculated beneath my labia minora. Can I get pregnant?
My wife aged about 33 years complaining in lower abdomen near ovaries on both sides as also in her back. Three months back an ultrasound was done in which in right ovary a hemorrhagic cist was detected. The doctor suggested me to take ovaral-g for four months, same has now about to complete but she is not getting change in pain. Apart from it she is complaining pain in her ribs in chest please suggest medicine/ mode of treatment.
I am 6 weeks pregnant and I am unable to take any medicines due to nausea. Is there any other option by which I can take those tablets via syringe or any kind of glucose will help me? Unable to take folic acid tablet also. please let me what should I do.
A white discharge from your vagina is normal in most cases, especially if you are pregnant or are ovulating before your period. Further, when you are sexually aroused you will have white discharge. These are some legit reasons for normal white discharge from your vagina, but sometimes your vaginal discharge is not so benign.
Causes of vaginal white discharge
- If the vaginal discharge changes color or is frothy, profuse and is accompanied by extensive itching, there is something fishy about it, and you need to consult your doctor ASAP.
- Also, called leucorrhea, white discharge can be caused due to an infection. Fungal infections like yeast infections of the vaginal tract can cause leucorrhea, accompanied by severe itching. White discharge can also be due to a sexually transmitted disease especially trichomoniasis, which causes a reddish or brownish vaginal discharge. Pelvic inflammatory disease, unhygienic toilet habits, TB as well as anemia can be the reason behind it.
- Further, The cause of this vaginal discharge is that the mucous membranes in the vaginal tract, try to wash off the offending organisms by increasing the secretion of mucous, causing leucorrhea.
Effective homeopathic solution
Treatment for leucorrhea is designed according to the exact cause in both allopathy as well as homeopathy. Rest assured that whatever be the cause of leucorrhea or white discharge, homeopathy is more effective in treating the problem from the root. In cases where leucorrhea occurs due to infection, homeopathic medicines are capable of not only treating it, but also have remedies for the infection as well. In case of discharge being due to physiological reasons, homeopathy is again equally effective in treating it.
Here are a few homeopathic medicines for leucorrhea:
- Sepia Officinalis: This is one of the best homeopathic medicines for leucorrhea at menopause. It’s also very beneficial when the vaginal discharge is yellowish green in colour, with excessive itching in the vagina and vulva.
- Alumina: It treats acrid and transparent discharge from the vagina that causes excessive burning and itching in the vagina. The discharge is also very profuse and it’s more during the day.
- Calcarea Carbonica: This is a natural homeopathic medicine for milky vaginal discharge with itching. It’s very effective in cases, where leucorrhea gets worse from exertion or during urination.
- Kreosote: It treats offensive vaginal discharge with violent itching. The vaginal discharge is yellowish and gets worse between periods. Few medicines in fact have the same power in treating leucorrhoea as Kreasote.
- Natrum Muriaticum: A medication to treat thick vaginal discharge, which gets worse while walking.
- Borax or Bor: This is useful in clearing a copious and albuminous leucorrhoea.
- Mercurius or Merc: An acrid leucorrhoea accompanied by burning and swelling of vulva or the external parts of the vagina. It treats purulent greenish yellow leucorrhoea, which is worse at night.