Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Deepu Rajkamal
Submit a review for Dr. Deepu RajkamalYour feedback matters!
I am feeling symptoms of irritate bowel syndrome and this is too irritating what to do get out of this problem.
My girl of 3.5 years have stone of 6mm in her gall bladder. She is not facing any problem. What should I do should I wait to get operated or she should get operate immediately. If there is any medicine to cure her stone. Pls advise.
Consult a gastoenterologist as soon if you have fatty liver.
I am suffering anal pain when motion started coming out and no bleeding and their is problems in motion also only pain its from last 5 days, give me any solutions sir.
My father AGE- 50 Paralysed since 1 nd half years from right side, recently he is cured from gastric ulcer so he cannot eat milk products also He too hv pressure high and blood sugar His pressure bit normal now He is too weak Not able to sleep or sit also he has become too weak Sir/mam please provide some home food which can cure his weakness taking into account all his above mentioned disease.
Hello Doctor, In the last 6 months I am suffering from severe acid reflex problem and I am taking pantocid L tablet. Can anybody suggest me how to get rid of reflex or any tips.
I am 18 years old. I am addicted to junk food. I am having stomach pain and having acidity.please help me
The human digestive system is a very complicated and sizeable component of the body. It starts right at the beginning of the mouth, ending at the rectum. Some of the major responsibilities of the digestive system include absorption of essential nutrients and elimination of wastes.
Not only do digestive problems have embarrassing and unwanted symptoms, serious, chronic diseases can be caused if the minor problems are not treated.
Some digestive problems are listed below:
- GERD: This is a burning sensation that results from acids in the stomach being squirted into the oesophagus. A burning sensation is felt, right from the chest to the end of the throat. Frequent heartburns can lead to GERD (Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease), symptoms of which include dry cough, sore throat, chest discomfort and difficulty in swallowing.
- Bloating: This is caused due to the presence of excess gas in the colon, small intestines or the stomach.
- Dyspepsia: This is an uncomfortable feeling or pain which occurs in the upper abdominal regions, mostly a result of excess food intake. It is commonly referred to as indigestion. Dyspepsia can be discomforting and if prolonged, medical assistance should be opted for.
- Chronic Constipation: Persistent constipation (chronic) is a sign that there is a problem with the elimination of wastes. This usually happens when the colon is unable to move or pass stools. Other major causes of chronic constipation can be changes in your usual diet, various eating disorders, Irritable Bowel Syndrome and excessive consumption of dairy products among others.
- Food Intolerance: This occurs when the digestive system is unable to tolerate certain food items. This condition is different from food allergies as it only affects the digestive system. Some of the common symptoms include diarrhoea, headache, gas and vomiting.
Possible Serious Conditions-
A gastroenterologist is a type of doctor that specializes in diagnosing and treating diseases involving the digestive system. If you continue to experience digestion problems, it’s time to make an appointment.
More serious signs could mean an emergency medical problem. Those signs include:
- bloody stools
- continuous vomiting
- severe abdominal cramps
- sudden, unintentional weight loss
These symptoms could be an indication of an infection, gallstones, hepatitis, internal bleeding, or cancer.
You may be able to overcome digestion problems with treatment and lifestyle changes. Certain diseases of the digestive system might be long-term, but medications can help alleviate symptoms.
Identifying specific digestion problems and talking with a doctor can go a long way in terms of helping your doctor give you a proper diagnosis. Remember, you don’t have to put up with constant digestive issues.