Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. DeepaYour feedback matters!
Sir muje 9 aug ko period hua tha or 13aug ko khtam hua tha mere bf ne 14 and 15aug ko sex kiya tb maine i-pill le the but muje abi tak period ni hua 9sept ko hona tha, please m kya kru, m bhut dari hui hu kya m a-kare kit use kr skti hu.
Medical Abortion -non-surgical abortion in which medicines are used to induce abortion
Surgical Abortion - Use of transcervical procedures for terminating pregnancy, including vacuum aspiration, and dilatation and evacuation (D&E).
Surgical or Medical Abortion for Unwanted Pregnancy
If pregnancy is <= 7 weeks; medical Method with Mifepristone with misoprostol is favorable as success rate is as high as 97%.
If pregnancy is between 7-12 weeks; surgical abortion is the only option.
If pregnancy is beyond 12 weeks – 20 weeks, then woman needs to be hopsitalized and will be given either Mifepristone followed by Misoprostol tablet or only misoprostol tablets and woman will then abort like a miscarriage in the Hospital. If any products are remaining then it will be evacuated surgically.
Surgical abortion is preferred if patient desires concurrent tubal ligation or IUCD (CuT) insertion.
If a woman fulfills the criteria for selecting either method i.e. Before 7 weeks), final choice to be given to the woman.
Summary of Choice between Surgical or Medical abortion in India
<= 7 weeks – Medical method or Surgical method
7-12 weeks – Surgical abortion
12 – 20 weeks – Medicines with or without surgical procedure in Hospital.
Advantages of Medical Abortion
Avoids surgery. Controlled by the woman and may take place at home. No need for admission to the Hospital. Usually well tolerated by women if properly counselled and motivated. No need to take leave from work, as bleeding can be manged with menstrual pads even while in office or at work.
Disadvantages of Medical abortion
Takes time (hours to days) to complete abortion, and the timing may not be predictable. Women experience bleeding and cramping, and potentially some other side-effects (nausea, vomiting, fever, and shivering). May require more clinic visits than surgical abortion.
Advantages of Surgical Abortion
Quick procedure. Complete abortion easily verified by evaluation of aspirated products of conception. Takes place in a Hospital so Sterilization or placement of an intrauterine device (IUD) may be performed at the same time as the procedure. It can be performed under local anaesthesia if woman is properly motivated and counselled.
Disadvantages of Surgical abortion
Requires instrumentation of the uterus. Small risk of uterine or cervical injury. Timing of abortion controlled by the Doctor and Hospital. Anaesthesia wneeds to be administered. Most doctors perform this procedure under short general anaesthesia. Woman needs to be in the Hospital for at least 6 hours. Effect of sedation will be there throuout the day.
I am a 20 year teenage girl. I have pain in my left breast regularly but never visited any doctor can you help me with the reason of pain.
I am 19 years old girl I am suffering with the problem of gynaic that I have problem with white discharge it has started from my 15 years old now also it is continuing when it is more then im feeling giddiness please give me solution for get out of this problem.
I have a daughter 2 year's old. And I want 5 years gap for 2nd child. And I'm not comfortable with copper t. Can I use vaginal pills? And which one. And m feeding still. please help.
Female, I am 50 Years old. Height 158 cms. What is my ideal weight. I m 58 kgs now. But look very thin. I used to be 72 kgs and I brought down by weight to 58 by neuropathy. I am yet to reach menopause, what shall I do? Please advice.
It has not been 20 weeks its just 18 weeks, please tell me how can I abort with medical pills. Please don't advice me to continue.
I had unprotected sex 2days after finish period and took I pill within 24hrs and I got bleeding after around a week (it was like period) and I missed period for 2 months according to my regular cycle and also I took home pregnancy test 3 times but the results are all negative and I am not having any kind of pregnancy syndrome, what might be problem?
I am 44 years old. My periods have stopped. I am not having them for the past 4 months. Have I reached menopause? what care should I take now. I mean supplements etc.
I have frequent white discharge since 1 month and pain during intercourse. Please suggest me the medication.
I had sex in February and had my period in march and April but this month may I am 22 days late am I pregnant?
I am 15 years old female. I didnt had the hard sex at all. Dick just got inside my vagina. Few hours before having sex, I had a severe stomache on the left side of my stomach like someone is penetrating something from inside. Few minutes after sex, I was not able to breathe properly. Next day, again pain started in left and right side of my belly. My breatge rate changes as I do some walking or physical work. I have not got my periods yet though date was of 20. What should I do. I am scared. Are these signs of pregnancy? if not what all these means!
I have a problem of polycystic ovary and my periods is very irregular. I tried many medicines but for the last 6 months periods has stopped what should I do?
We all know about magnesium as a mineral, but what most individuals do not know is the fact that it is a very important mineral for our bodily health. Magnesium is involved with more or less 300 complex metabolic processes in our body, thus earning the title of ‘master mineral’.
Here is a list of reasons why magnesium holds an important place in our body.
It is responsible for transportation of calcium across cell membranes. As such, it helps calcium get into the bone matter. Like we all know, magnesium is anti-inflammatory. It helps in waiving conditions mentioned below:
So magnesium deficiency can definitely cause numerous problems in the human body. This element works in our body at a cellular level. It is important to have a check up done with the doctor to ensure the magnesium level, however, a simple a blood test cannot determine the presence or absence of it. Here are a few signs that might suggest that an individual is suffering from magnesium deficiency.
- A lot of calcium deficiency which means brittle bones
- Very poor heart health
- A lot of unnecessary weakness
- Very frequent muscle cramps at unusual situations
- Tremors, nausea and unnecessary anxiety
- High blood pressure and type 2 diabetes
- Difficulty in swallowing the food
- Poor memory
- Lots and lots of useless confusion
Although individuals with magnesium deficiency suffer from these symptoms, it is not necessary that any individual suffering from such symptoms might have magnesium deficiency. So, the only way to improve magnesium amount in the body is by changing your diet and including magnesium rich foods or my supplementing your food with magnesium-based food products.
Magnesium overdose is close to impossible and so many would not check their magnesium intake. However, consuming too much of anything can never be a good idea. Excessive magnesium intake might end up causing the following issues:
- Irregular heartbeats in individuals
- Slow breathing
This excess amount of magnesium in the body might be due to the fact that not all supplements can be easily absorbed by the body. So it is a better idea to eat inexpensive food to keep the magnesium levels at par with the bodily requirements.
Here is a list of items that can relieve the deficiency symptoms of low magnesium.
- Seeds of pumpkin
- Seeds of sun flower
- Soya bean
- Black beans
- Sesame seeds
- Spinach and many more
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Hello doctor I am 26 married. Last month I had tubectomy and the bleeding lasted up to 5 days now this month the bleeding is so heavy please help me some.
My scan report thick endometrium with small hypoechoic lesion in endometrial cavity in fundus with intense vascularity. What does this mean. Is this any symptom of cancer?
Homoeopathic Management in Gynecological Disorders
Homoeopathy for Women’s Health: Homoeopathy can offer good health to women in all stage of their Lives from infancy through old age. It is beneficial for the full range of emotional, mental and physical problems that a woman is likely to experience, and can help her through the transitional and developmental milestones of her life.
During the teen years homoeopathy can helps with the hormonal changes of puberty and the acne that often appears at this time, but primarily it can assist with the emotional upheavals, which frequently occur as little girls make the transition to womanhood.
Later in life when a woman gets pregnant, or has a hard time conceiving (homoeopathy can helps with problems of infertility), it can assist with difficulties frequently encountered, such as morning sickness and depression. By treating the mother during pregnancy and making her as healthy as she can be, we can insure that the baby will be born healthy and free of inherited diseases. By treating throughout pregnancy, we also assist the mother to go through childbirth safely and joyfully.
The homoeopathy healing art is beneficial in helping women overcome the effects of hormonal shock to the system, can occur after a difficult birth ,abortion, hysterectomy, and the use of birth control pills.
Homoeopathy for Women’s Health:
Homoeopathy can be used to treat many common physical and emotional symptoms associated with menstrual cycles, hormone imbalances, and pre-menstrual syndrome. Because of its emphasis on treating the whole patient on a physical, mental and emotional level, it is ideally suited for homoeopathic remedies w+ by stimulating the body’s healing system to regain a sense of balance, problems involving hormonal imbalances respond well to homoeopathic treatment.
Benefits of homoeopathic treatment for women:
Homoeopathic remedies are completely non-toxic and without side-effects. Hence, they can safely be ingested during pregnancy when other types of medicines cannot be freely prescribed. Further, when the mother is homeopathically treated during pregnancy, the foetus is also being treated. Since treatment is constitutional and nct symptomatic, both mother and child will be healthier, ensuring an Easier pregnancy and delivery.
Ideally, both parents should be treated before the baby is conceived as remedies act very deeply, right down to the genetic level. For example, a woman who has two children with cleft lips will be able to have a Third normal child if given the correct homoeopathic treatment before conceiving the child.
Regarding post-partum depression, much misery can be alleviated by homoeopathic treatment; remedies work quickly and effectively in cases.
Homoeopathy offers a safe and effective solution to the uncomfortable symptoms of menopause compared to HRT which has been found to cause many side effects ranging from nausea and varicose veins to strokes and cancer.
Many women suffer to the personality. Further, many women suffer from low-esteem in our male dominant world. Homoeopathic treatment strengthens the life force and enables the woman to have a stronger sense of self. The patient becomes more stable emotionally, more confident and independent. In many cases, there can be a dramatic change for the better.
What conditions can be treated-
Almost any affliction! Many examples are listed under categories below. The rest of page will highlight several conditions through remedy descriptions.
- Physical- anemia, chloasma (skin pigmentation), chronic fatigue, constipation, cystitis, genital warts, gestational diabetes, growths, hemorrhage, herpes, hot flashes, IBS, incontinence, insufficient, breast milk, mastitis, morning sickness, osteoporosis, piles, PM, poor libido, prolapsed, recovery from surgery, tendency to miscarriage, thrush, thyroid imbalance, vaginal infections, varicose veins.
- Emotional- anger, disappointed love, fright, guilt, grief, irritability, mood swings, post-traumatic stress disorder (eg after sexual abuse), weepiness.
- Mental- anxiety, depression, eating disorders, fears eg of flying, having a deformed baby, low confidence, obsessive- compulsive behavior, pessimism, post- partum depression, sleep disturbances, stage fright, timidity.
Premenstrual Syndrome: When treating a patient for PMS ( pre-menstrual syndrome), the homoeopathic practitioner will select the most appropriate remedy that covers the range of symptoms experienced. These include fluid retention , breast tenderness, headaches, irritability, weepiness, mood swings.
- Homoeopathic treatment is also effective in treating problems associated with menstruation- heavy bleeding, prolonged periods, painful periods, absent periods, etc. It is quite common for women who have experienced debilitating menstrual cramps for many years to have pain- free menstrual cycles after treatment.
- Homeopathy is commonly used to treat uterine fibroids, and homeopathic treatment may prevent the need for a hysterectomy.
- Symptoms of menopause also respond to homeopathy- hot flushes, insomnia, mood swings. See the section on homeopathy during menopause for more information.
- Homeopathy can also be used to treat infertility conditions. Homeopathy can also help couples conceive even when there is no know medical reason for the infertility.
- The range of conditions that may be treated with homeopathy is very wide, and includes cystitis, migraines, fatigue, irritable bowel syndrome, arthritis, anxiety, depression, insomnia, eczema, hay fever, bladder infections, gallstones or kidney stones, respiratory ailments etc.
- In addition, homeopathic treatment is safe and effective pregnancy. It can help with symptoms of morning sickness, heartburn, constipation, and hemorrhoids.
- Increasing numbers of women are making use of homeopathy during labour and childbirth, and homeopathic treatment can be very helpful after delivery, or during breast- feeding
- Homeopathy is truly a friend to women. It is a comprehensive system of medicine which is able to meet the needs to people in all facets of their lives, and through all of life’s transitions. By strengthening the immune system and helping to balance the mind and the emotions, homeopathy can help women achieve the higher purposes of their lives, and feel their very best.
- Homeopathy is ideal for those looking for a safe and natural, as well as complete system of medicine, especially those wanting to take more responsibility for their own health. Homeopathy can be used to treat most illnesses- whether chronic, acute, or first aid.