Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

Dr. D.Ganesh

Orthopedist, Chennai

200 at clinic
Dr. D.Ganesh Orthopedist, Chennai
200 at clinic
Submit Feedback
Report Issue
Get Help

Personal Statement

I pride myself in attending local and statewide seminars to stay current with the latest techniques, and treatment planning....more
I pride myself in attending local and statewide seminars to stay current with the latest techniques, and treatment planning.
More about Dr. D.Ganesh
Dr. D.Ganesh is a popular Orthopedist in Alwarpet, Chennai. Doctor is currently associated with AYU Wellness Clinic in Alwarpet, Chennai. You can book an instant appointment online with Dr. D.Ganesh on has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 30 years of experience on You can find Orthopedists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.


Languages spoken


Book Clinic Appointment

AYU Wellness Clinic

Eldams Square,167,Eldams Road,Alwarpet,Landmark:Opp.CP Art Center, ChennaiChennai Get Directions
200 at clinic
View All

Consult Online

Text Consult
Send multiple messages/attachments
7 days validity
Consult Now


View All Services

Submit Feedback

Submit a review for Dr. D.Ganesh

Your feedback matters!
Write a Review


Nothing posted by this doctor yet. Here are some posts by similar doctors.

I am 24 years old male. I have pain in my knee and I have used pain relief cream from last few days. What I should do?

Physiotherapist, Noida
Advice. Avoid sitting cross legged. Avoid squatting- quadriceps exercises- lie straight, make a towel role and put it under the knee, press the keen against the role, hold it for 20 secs. Repeat 20 times twice a day. This will help relieve some pain. Core strengthening exercise- straight leg raised with toes turned outward, repeat 10 times, twice a day. Hams stretching- lie straight, take the leg up, pull the feet towards yourself, with a elastic tube or normal belt. Repeat 10 times, twice a day. Sports taping- stretch the tape from both ends and apply on the affected area contrast fomentation (hot and cold).
2 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Monthly I have ride 1500km. I have back pain. So I want best suspension bike. Please suggest me. Which bike I should purchase?

MBBS, MS - Orthopaedics
Orthopedist, Delhi
I can help you in medical treatment only. Kindly show me a photograph & digital x rays of affected part. Rule out diabetes & vit. D deficiency or any other metabolic disorder. Sleep on a hard bed with soft bedding on it. Spring beds, folding beds or thick matress are harmful use no pillow under the head. Do hot fomantation. Ibuprofen 200mg od & sos x 5days. Bio d3 max 1tab od x10. Do neck, back & general exercises. It may have to be further investigated. You will need other supportive medicines also. Make sure you are not allergic to any of the medicines you are going to take. Do reply back for detailed treatment plan. Do not ignore. It could be beginning of a serious problem.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am a 17 year old Male. I have recurring pain in my neck and middle and Lower back. I have tried changing pillows, yet have to be using a volini spray or Icchthammol glycerin for relief on a daily basis. Whats the problem? How do I get back to normal?

Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons (FRCS), Membership of the Royal College of Surgeons (MRCS), MBBS, Fellow of Academy of General Education (FAGE)
Orthopedist, Hyderabad
It most likely is a posture related pain, you will need specific posture advises asking with physio.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 31 years old male, I have pain in all body. Main pain in low and upper back from around 5 years. After doing walking from the last 2 years its improving but not complete rest. Please advice

Dip. SICOT (Belgium), MNAMS, DNB (Orthopedics), MBBS
Orthopedist, Delhi
Hi thanks for your query and welcome to lybrate. I am Dr. Akshay from fortis hospital, new delhi. You have mentioned that you have pain all over the body region including lower and upper back region etc. Are you suffering from any inflammatory joint disease? do you regularly exercise, maintain proper posture, maintain an active lifestyle? since you are very young, I would like to get a few blood tests done, purpose of which is to rule out certain deficiencies, inflammatory joint issues etc. So please get some tests done empty stomach: cbc, esr, crp, serum electrolytes and serum vitamin d levels done. Meanwhile you can continue with your exercises, walking and if possible also send me your spine x ray or mri whatever has been done by you thus far. Do not hesitate to contact me if you need any further assistance. Thanks & regards Dr. Akshay kumar saxena Consultant orthopaedics fortis hospital, new delhi.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I was slipped at floor 2 years back and got Head bump at fore head. Its looks like hard, strong. May be calcium deposit. No pain but it's hard. What is the Solution. My age 29y.

General Physician, Mumbai
It might be fibrosis and nothing to be done and for cosmetic purposes if you want than you can get it removed by surgery
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am suffering from cervical syndolytis, sinus, migrane, knee ache, whole bodyache, backache, always feeling dullness, sickness, overweight (80 kg) etc. For the last 20 years. Medicines are not working on me, I have done physiotherapy also but get no permanent relief. Kindly suggest me what type of exercises will I do. Please help.

Ayurveda, Ujjain
You take 10 ml noni sy in a glass of lukewarm water stair well consume in 5 minutes after 30 minutes take meals mor/eve for 4 days on 5th day take 15-15 ml mor/eve up to six month every month report tome keep your medicine continue still we get result.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My relative has knee surgery before 8 months due to fracture in knee. Now bone is not joint. Due to screw he can walk easily. He can't bend more than 90 degree. Could you suggest some solution or above medicine will work for him also.

Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons (FRCS), Membership of the Royal College of Surgeons (MRCS)
Orthopedist, Trichy
If the bone has not united then the screw might fail soon. Any joint injury usually results in some stiffness in that joint. The primary aim should be to get the bone heal first and then concentrate on movements. If you force the knee the move before the bone unites then the metal work will fail.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I get tingling and numb feeling in my hands and legs. I feel light headed and my heart palpitates heavily. I hv to take long breathes. This happens every alternate days since last 15 years. Please help.

MD-Ayurveda, Basic Life Support (B.L.S), Bachelor of Ayurveda, Medicine and Surgery (BAMS)
Ayurveda, Ahmednagar
Probably it may b due to anaemia. Do blood test. If no anaemia found rule out thyroid. Check your bmi. Your bp and also chest x ray if all reports are normal also do 2 d echo. If cardiologist advise angiography go for it. All reports all normal then anxiety should b treated.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

All About Shoulder Dislocation

M. Ch. (Ortho), MS - Orthopaedics, MBBS
Orthopedist, Delhi
All About Shoulder Dislocation

A shoulder dislocation is a shoulder injury which is characterized by the upper arm bone popping out of the socket of your shoulder blade. The shoulder joint is the most mobile among all the joints in the body, making it the most prone to dislocation. The dislocation of the shoulder joint can either be partial or complete depending on the injury. In a partial dislocation, the head of the upper arm is partially shifted out of the socket whereas in a complete dislocation, the head comes out of the socket in its entirety.


The symptoms of shoulder dislocation are:

  1. Swelling or bruising of the affected area.

  2. Deformed shoulder.

  3. Excruciating pain in the shoulder region.

  4. Mobility of the joint is greatly reduced.

Apart from these symptoms, there may be tingling, numbness and weakness in the affected region.


There can be multiple ways in which a shoulder can be dislocated because of its ability to move and swing in all the directions. The fibrous tissues that connect the bones of your shoulder may also get stretched or torn. These injuries occur due to a sudden blow or a strong force exerted on the shoulder joint.

It is caused by:

  1. Trauma to the Shoulder Joint: Hard blows to the shoulder joint such as one suffered from a vehicle accident can lead to shoulder dislocation.

  2. Sports Injuries: In contact sports such as hockey and football, the sudden forceful contractions of the shoulder region may lead to dislocation of the shoulder.

  3. Falls: Tripping or falling from an elevated place and landing on the shoulder can cause shoulder joint dislocation.


The treatments for shoulder dislocation are –

  1. Medication: Medications such as pain relievers can be prescribed by the doctor to reduce pain.

  2. Surgery: Surgery of the shoulder joint can help in treating chronic shoulder dislocations. Surgery is also required if the blood vessels or the nerves along the shoulder joint are damaged.

  3. Immobilization: This process involves attaching a sling or a splint to the affected area to prevent it from moving. This allows the shoulder joint to heal and recuperate faster.
2741 people found this helpful

I am 33 years old male I had a wound pouring continues puss on my leg and that is exist for a when I am in 7th standard to 12 th standard around 5 years. I taken a treatment from a orthopedic surgeon and it operate but thats not cure 100% but after some years it cure by I think by god blessings. I want to ask a query because of that my bones health are ok and facing problem in old of bone pains or shortage of calcium and related vitamins. Or how can I get a care or supplement to overcome in future. After intercourse also I am feeling tiredness. Its because that please suggest or advice any medicine or precautions if required.

Dip. SICOT (Belgium), MNAMS, DNB (Orthopedics), MBBS
Orthopedist, Delhi
Hi thanks for your query and welcome to lybrate. I am Dr. Akshay from fortis hospital, new delhi. Since your bone issue with pus discharge is now solved, that should not be a reason for your tiredness. But if you can send me your latest x rays, I can see and tell you whether your affected bone is ok or not. Also do you take adequate calcium and vitamin d supplementation? what recent blood tests have you got done and what medications are you taking for any problem? do not hesitate to contact me if you need any further assistance.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My shoulder is paining severely ftom the ladt 5 months. I consulted many doctors but they r saying that there is no problem. But my pain is severe every time .if I use a pain killer it relieves for sometime and then pain starts. I have done mri also. But there is no problem.

Master of Occupational Therapy (MOT), Bachelor of Occupational Therapy (BOT)
Occupational Therapist, Delhi
Apply hot fomentation Correct your posture Do shoulder shrugs Shoulder stretching Avoid overexertion While sleeping use thin pillow Do not lie on the affected shoulder while sleeping
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 30 year old. I I am having pain behind left leg. I did x ray but there is nothing.

D.A.M.S( A. M.), D.AC/B.E.M.S
Acupressurist, Mumbai
You should take acupressure therapy and take biochemic mag phos 12x 4 tab thrice a day with warm water and take it 5 days than inform me.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Hi I found small swelling at lesser occipital region more than 6 years back which was asymptomatic. Frpm last two days I am getting pain sensation, on palpation its firm n movable. What might be the problem?

Physiotherapist, Noida
Neck advice hot fomentation x twice daily. Neck exercises. Neck stretching. Postural correction. Shoulder shrugs. Core strengthening exercises. Take frequent breaks at work use cervical pillow.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Hi doctor, I am having a swelling in my toe since three days, it's very painful, tender I couldn't walk. What should I do. This is the first time it has happened. What medicine should I take.

Diploma In Orthopaedics (D. Ortho)
Orthopedist, Amravati
hello allen.. as you said you are having gouty arthritis,,i would advice you to start allopurinol or febuxostat along with colchicine.....apply ice over the toe...consult privately for detailed prescription..thanks
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I'll ride bike for maximum time since last month im getting back pain sooo can I do any exercises or any physiotherapy.

Physiotherapist, Noida
Extension exercises x 15 times x twice daily - lying on tummy, take left arm up for 3 seconds, then bring it down, right arm up for 3 seconds, bring down. Bring right leg up, hold for 3 seconds, bring it down. Then right leg up and hold for 3 seconds and bring it down. Repeat twice a day- 10 times.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I have a headache and neck pain. And I feel very tired daily What I can do for this problem.

General Physician, Gurgaon
you may be having headache because of stress/ refractory problems/ any ENT problem or may be Migraine Headache follow advises given below: You can take(If No drug allergy) : 1. Tablet Crocin (Paracetamol 500 mg) one tablet after food when required for headache after food for 2-3 days (maximum 2 tablets with gap of 12 hour can be taken in a day) 2. Adequate sleep 6-8 hr in a day 3. Get check eyes for refractive error 4.We need to go for ENT evaluation to rule out sinusitis 5. Get BP checked 6. Regular physical exercise and meditation and yoga complete history of your headache for further management like duration, severity, aggravating factors/relieving/ triggering/ associated factor to reach diagnosis consult me for further management.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I have a continue pain in my right shoulder I take a every precautions but they r not feef well.

Physiotherapist, Noida
Advice... Hot Fomentation. Gentle Shoulder Stretching. Core Strengthening Exercises. Gentle Neck Exercises. Avoid sleeping on affected side. use cervical pillow
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am suffering from pain in various parts of my body like heel, back, shoulder etc. I got treatment from orthopedic, neurologist, homeopathic, aurvadic but no relief from pain. Please help.

Diploma in Acupuncture, Pranic Healing, MD - Acupuncture
Acupuncturist, Bangalore
Massage with your thumbs from the mid points of the shoulder blades on both sides towards the lower back of your head up to lower level of the ears. Use oil or water for massage. Rotate your head clockwise and anticlockwise, forward and down, left and right a few times. Do for 5 to 10 times morning and evening. Give pressure the dipping point on the portion between the thumb and the index finger on the back of the palm. Press and release for 15 times where the pain is more. This will solve the problem. Further do some wrist rotation exercise. Consult after 5 days. For further guidance and treatment.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Hi, I am male 29 yrs, I am experiencing hot flush in both my legs for few seconds. And have severe pain in my ankle when I wake up in the morning. I am currently taking ibuprofen 400 mg 3x day please advise.

FRHS, Ph.D Neuro , MPT - Neurology Physiotherapy, D.Sp.Med, DPHM (Health Management ), BPTh/BPT
Physiotherapist, Chennai
Do Take balanced diet and hyderated Do regular stretching and Strengthening exercises and breathing exercises for about 30 minutes regularly Best Wishes
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am a 26 years old girl and I suffer from severe joint pain so what can I do to reduce it.

Acupressurist, Chandigarh
Dear lybrate user, as you know there are so many causes of joint pain like increase if uric acid, over weight, spinal problem.
Submit FeedbackFeedback
View All Feed