Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Homeopaths in India. You will find Homeopaths with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Homeopaths online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Weight Management Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. ChitraYour feedback matters!
"Getting back in shape” – These are the words that are simpler said than done. Some people treat every day with a renewed vigorousness and attack them with an aim to lose the excess fats. But in most cases even after spending hours at the gym and having a regularised diet may not be effective in losing the weight proportions. The chances are that they are ignoring one fundamental principle in any weight loss procedure - Doing things the right way. Hitting the gym hours together and starving cannot make you lean. They can lead to other health conditions altogether. Having a proper schedule both in the exercise and in the diet are mandatory to achieve an appropriate weight loss. Let us walk to through some of the common mistakes that are hampering weight loss.
- Protein intake: Protein intake is crucial, but having too much protein is not recommended as the excess protein can get stored as fat. They can eventually add to the weight instead of reducing it. Maintaining the average grams required per day is the healthier option. The dietician can chart it down as per the person's body condition.
- Vegetables: While most people add vegetables as a part of the diet they are mostly in the cooked format, thus by the time it is taken in all beneficial components are reduced. It is advisable to eat raw vegetables in subtle quantities, as eating too much raw can also be hard on the digestive system.
- Fruit juices: Just having a cup of juice in the morning is not enough as most fruits have sugar and they can indirectly increase your blood sugar levels. Always make it a point to have a healthy breakfast loaded with fibre and protein as they give all the energy to support a person throughout the day.
- Exercises: It is a common misconception that doing an exercise repeatedly can help in contouring that part. This is not correct as the muscles need time to rest before getting on the next set of exercise. Have the training evenly spaced out so that the strength gets retained in the muscle? In this way, the results also will be long standing. Also initially when starting to exercise, the results will be drastic, but over a period wears out. This does not mean that the effects are not visible. It is simply our body's way of stating that it has accustomed to the new routine and it will make the necessary changes in its own time. Remember that weight loss is not a single day achievement.
- Walking: Man has been designed to walk. Hence do not restrict yourself from this nature's biggest gift. Walking half a mile can rejuvenate the body both physically and mentally.
- Sleep: Having a good relaxed seven to eight hours sleep is also mandatory for the overall body condition. Make sure that the rest is always included as a part of the weight loss program.
The Dietician's Take:
A good dietician would say- "Have patience in any weight loss treatment." This is very much true as weight loss is a step-by-step procedure and avoiding these common mistakes can make the impact more profound and everlasting. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.
Good evening sir Can you tell some important tips to how to live healthy and energetic the whole day.
I have a bad smell coming from my mouth which I can feel. Pls help with solution I brush my teeth and clean my tongue everyday. Sometimes blood comes when I brush my teeth.
I'm 23 years old, lost my hair 2 months back with alopecia. please give me the solution to grow hair.
I used to play badminton I stopped playing 7 months backs I am unable to lift my hand high to reach things what should I do?
Sir, I am a 28 years old teacher. Few years back my skin was bright and young. But now it's getting dull and dark. My skin is oily during summer and dry during winter. Can you suggest some idea to keep my face skin young.
I am 23 years old. I have masturbated too much for past 5 years. And now knowing d disadvantages of masturbation have decided to quit it. How can I quit masturbation? Also I want to increase my sexual stamina.
I'm a boy who loves to have sex I'm a masturbation addict also from past 15 years I'm masturbating .I had a sex with my gf but then also I used to masturbate .I thought after sex I won't get urge for masturbation but it didn't happened I had sex more than 10 times than also I'm masturbating now due to job I'm in different state and my gf in different I shared this masturbation habit with one of my friend then I got to know he his gay .he told me don't masturbate I will suck your pennies .but he is 36 years old and I'm 22, I thought it will be nice I will enjoy it but some where I don't feel it as I'm not gay I love girls .what should I do please suggest.
The eyebrow portion of the right eyes pains frequently after travelling during noon times. The problem has started from last 2-3 years but now as the time is passing the pain has lessen. Any other way to cure it faster also if you can let me know the reason for it.
Dear Dr. I am studying in 11th std. In science (physics). My problem is that I can't remember things related to my study quickly. If I remember I was forget that things in few days. So, plzzz Dr. Suggest me that how I increase my memory power and brain power rapidly in few days or few week. Thank you.
I am 17 years old I am frequently urinating I feel pain during urination I also feel urine is still present but not coming out Is this urethra striction.
I' m 43yr old woman. Sir I feel my nerves system shivering at night when I wake up. I also feel bones weakness. Suggest me what can I do. am not feeling well not Secure. Tell me please sir. Thanx.
Sir i am vegetarian I go to gym please tell high quality food should I take to build muscles please tell any healthy powder also.
I have knee pain from last 1.5 yr. I feel it when I use stairs and during running. I am 21 year old male. I have visited some doctors but there is no relief. I have read some online blog. I think there is damaged cartilage. Whay should I do?
Hello, I am 29 years old and doing breastfeeding for my 1 year kid. I have cold and cough from last week .i have consulted a doctor and have taken MOXCLAV 625 MG TAB, GLEMONT-F TAB, AND DOLO -650 mg from past four days. Now I am not having fever but feeling very tired. And my cough has not reduced.In morning, I am having bad cough with bit sputum, bit running nose too which makes me difficult to do any activity. I had taken piriton syrup also from past one week but even that is not effective. Can you suggest me any home made thing which can help me in all this. Thanks.
My wife is pregnant and in 14 weeks she is having high b.p 150/110. Earlier in 2006 she had faced the same problem of high b.p due to which premature baby in seventh month happened of 950 grm .The baby does not survived. In 2009 she given the birth a baby of2. 5 kg in36or 37 weeks which is now 7 year old. But now in 2016 she is having high b.p in 14 weeks. Doc prescribed her gravidol 100 mg thrice daily. Now she is in 17 weeks and her b.p is 130/95. She is also taking ecosprin. Iron. Protein powder. Susten 300. Argiplus powder. I am afraid of her b.p will make us to face same problem that happen in 2006 of severe PIH and IUGR. My wife age is 35. She is also having p.c.os. She is also taking eltroxin 50.
The sexual health of a human being depends on various factors. These may include the physiological make up of the individual as well as the emotional well being and finally also, the physical health of the person. Ailments, illnesses and diseases can have a huge bearing on the sexual health of an individual, and a cancer patient is no different. Cancer can have a profound effect on one's sexual health:
- Sexual Dysfunction: There are various kinds of cancer and cancer treatments that can suck the energy out of the patient. This also affects the sexual drive and health of the patient. Sexual dysfunction is a common by product of many such treatments, with at least 50% women patients suffering from the same, after breast and cervical cancer.
- Surgery: This is a factor that has a high relation with the sex drive of the patient. Any surgery that is related to cancer usually takes a toll on the body, and leads to a diminishing interest in various areas like food, and sex.
- Tumour: The size and location of the tumour has a major effect on the way a person behaves sexually after treatment and surgery. The tumour decides the severity and aftermath of the treatment and surgery, as well as the amount of tissue that is eventually removed. This can affect the performance and interest of a person in terms of sex.
- Chemotherapy: This kind of therapy and treatment as well as a lot of radiation can lead to side effects like nausea, vomiting, loose motions, dizzy spells, weight loss or gain, and even loss of hair. All these factors greatly affect the person's self image and self esteem which in turn have a bearing on how the person reacts sexually. Most men and women do not have the energy or the drive for sexual intercourse after chemotherapy.
- Prostate Cancer: Getting an erection and achieving ejaculation becomes quite a challenge with this kind of cancer because of the location of the prostate gland where the tumour is generally located.
- Hormones: While the hormones get altered during the treatment and also due to the hormonal treatment that is a part of the therapy followed for cancer patients, the psychological impact and the sexual disinterest is apparent in the patients as well.