Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Homeopaths in India. You will find Homeopaths with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Homeopaths online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Weight Management Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. ChitraYour feedback matters!
I am a kidney patient with high creatinine 5, high potassium 6, high bp 160/90-100, urine protein 3.What remedy you can suggest.
SIR I can't sleep very well for every night I going to bed at 10 pm but sleep started may be 12. I can't concentrate any work lack of sleep properly suggest me a good one.
Hello doctor I am 7 Week pregnant and suffering with loose motion from last 2 Days, what can I do to heal myself and get well. As its my first pregnancy after miscarriage so I am very much concerned. please help.
Felling giddy sometimes and mentally disturbed. The head is feeling heavy. From last 1 month I am going through this.
The weight loss “industry” is full of myths.
People are being advised to do all sorts of crazy things, most of which have no evidence behind them.
Over the years, however, scientists have found a number of strategies that seem to be effective.
Here are 26 weight loss tips that are actually evidence-based.
1. Drink Water, Especially Before Meals
It is often claimed that drinking water can help with weight loss, and this is true.
Drinking water can boost metabolism by 24-30% over a period of 1-1.5 hours, helping you burn off a few more calories
One study showed that drinking a half literf water about a half an hour before meals helped dieters eat fewer calories and lose 44% more weight.
2. Eat Eggs For Breakfast
Eating whole eggs can have all sorts of benefits, including helping you lose weight.
Studies show that replacing a grain-based breakfast with eggs can help you eat fewer calories for the next 36 hours, and lose more weight and more body fat. If you can’t eat eggs for some reason, then that’s fine. Any source of quality protein for breakfast should do the trick.
3. Drink Coffee (Preferably Black)
Coffee has been unfairly demonized. Quality coffee is loaded with antioxidants, and can have numerous health benefits.
Studies show that the caffeine in coffee can boost metabolism by 3-11%, and increase fat burning by up to 10-29% Just make sure NOT to add a bunch of sugar or other high-calorie ingredients to it. That will completely negate any benefit you get from the coffee.
4. Drink Green Tea
Like coffee, green tea also has many benefits, one of them being weight loss.
Green tea contains small amounts of caffeine, but it is also loaded with powerful antioxidants called catechins, which are also believed to work synergistically with the caffeine to enhance fat burning.Although the evidence is mixed, there are many studies showing that green tea (either as a beverage or a green tea extract supplement) can help you lose weight.
5. Cook With Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is very healthy. It is high in special fats called medium chain triglycerides, which are metabolized differently than other fats.
These fats have been shown to boost metabolism by 120 calories per day, and also reduce your appetite so that you eat up to 256 fewer calories per day.
Keep in mind that this is not about adding coconut oil on top of what you’re already eating, it is about replacing some of your current cooking fats with coconut oil.
6. Take a Glucomannan Supplement
A fiber called glucomannan has been shown to cause weight loss in several studies.
This is a type of fiber that absorbs water and “sits” in your gut for a while, making you feel more full and helping you eat fewer calories.Studies have shown that people who supplement with glucomannan lose a bit more weight than those who don’t.
7. Cut Back on Added Sugar
Added sugar is the single worst ingredient in the modern diet, and most people are eating way too much of it.
Studies show that sugar (and high fructose corn syrup) consumption is strongly associated with the risk of obesity, as well as diseases like type 2 diabetes, heart disease and others.If you want to lose weight, you should be cutting back on added sugars. Just make sure to read labels, because even so-called health foods can be loaded with sugar.
8. Eat Less Refined Carbs
Refined carbohydrates are usually sugar, or grains that have been stripped of their fibrous, nutritious parts (includes white bread and pasta).
Studies show that refined carbs can spike blood sugar rapidly, leading to hunger, cravings and increased food intake a few hours later. Eating refined carbs is strongly linked to obesity.If you’re going to eat carbs, make sure to eat them with their natural fiber.
9. Go on a Low Carb Diet
If you want to get all the benefits of carb restriction, then consider taking this all the way and going on a low carb diet.
Numerous studies show that such a diet (or “way of eating”) can help you lose 2-3 times as much weight as a standard low-fat diet, while improving your health at the same time .
10. Use Smaller Plates
Using smaller plates has been shown to help people automatically eat fewer calories in some studies. Weird trick, but it seems to work.
Sir I am 28 years old so in my stomach pain problem -guess, acidity, jalan in chest so please treat ment advised by you.
Mere uppar side ke do teeth se tooth brush karne time blood ata hai. Otherwise blood nahi nikalta hai. Ye problem 5 month se hua h par smajh nahi ata ki kaise kya karu.
Hello Sir/Mam I am experiencing hair fall in a large quantity. Although I oil my hair every 2nd day still there is no improvement. Could you please suggest me some medicinal shampoo for reducing hair fall. Thank you.
Ayurveda is a system of medicine that is based on natural herbs and lifestyle changes. It is a holistic method that focuses on rooting out the cause rather than just focusing on the symptoms. This system of medicine is completely natural; hence there are no side effects.
If you wish to keep your skin healthy, then here are some ayurvedic tips to do that:
- Include nuts and seeds: It is very important that you include seeds and nuts in your diet; they contain omega-3 fatty acids, which are essential for the body. These foods also help in preventing 'Vata' imbalance in the body and provide good content of healthy fats.
- Include vegetables: Include vegetables like cabbage, broccoli and carrots in your diet as they provide the body with essential nutrients. They contain antioxidants and trace elements such as zinc and folate that enhance your wellbeing.
- Tea: Consume green tea as it helps in boosting metabolism and improving your skin health. Add spices,such as ginger if you are affected by cold and cough, as it helps in alleviating the symptoms. It helps in improving the health of your skin.
- Exercise: You should exercise on a regular basis as it has multiple health benefits. It increases muscle mass in the body and helps maintain optimal weight levels. It also increases blood circulation in the body which is good for your skin. You can do a workout of basic yoga postures to avail the benefits of exercise.
- Meditate: Meditation has been shown to reduce stress levels in the body which is directly linked with skin health. Too much stress may lead to increased production of free radicals in the body, thus leading to skin damage. You may start off with basic breathing exercises, gradually moving on to other techniques such as mindfulness meditation.
- Sleep: Sleep is essential for good skin health as it revitalizes the body. You need to aim for at least six hours of sleep to reap its benefits. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.