Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. C.Rajaram
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. C.RajaramYour feedback matters!
I have red eyes and watching problem by eyes these are from last 10 years. so what can I do? Please help me.
When I was bathing, some shampoo had fell in my one of my eyes and it had turn to red. What should I do?
Hi, I'm an IT employee. Working with a computer makes my eyes stressed. Especially my right eye swells regularly. Please let me know why this is happening. Thanks in advance.
I am 24 year old male from childhood I have allergy in eyes during summer time, eyes will become red, sticky layer will be formed and my nose will start running and only way to feel relaxed is to take at least hour long nap. For last 5 year I was in dehradun and bangalore and did not face any issue there but in city like Pune or Delhi it has become unbearable.
My eyes starts paining on continuous reading of books or using laptop. I do use specs btci still face the problem. What should I do?
I have to consult for my father Mr. Dukhant Vishwakarma and his age is 65. The issue is about his eyes. Since the age of 7 he was suffered from chicken pox and lack of carelessness due to some personal support to not convey a suitable medical treatment he lost his eyesight. That time the doctor said that there were not any probable hope to recover it because the nerve of eyes contracted and there were no expedient for this and from that day till the age of 65 his life run without illumination. Kindly concert a convenient contemplation plant for this.
I'm avinash. While driving bike some dust gone in my eyes. I washed my eyes with water but something there in eyes, so pleasetell me what I have to do.
Dear Sir, My Father has Glaucoma Problem in one eye. While another eye has been disable(Vision lost) due to one accident. Can we alter that disable eye with another donor's eye ?
After every 20 to 30 minutes of work, look at a distant away object and blink several times.
People tend to reduce blink rate while working on computer. This can lead to dry eyes. Try to blink 12 to 15 times every minute.
Exercise your eyes at frequent intervals. Eye exercise is simple.
All you need to do is just blink several times, then close your eyes and role them in clockwise and anti clockwise direction
Hi. Want to ask an Ophthalmologist about treatment of divergent squint in my 5 years old son which wasn't there at birth, but started after 2 years of age (during this there is history of sharp object injury on upper lateral side of eyelid happened which wasn't much serious as such). What would you recommend. Thanks in advance.
I am 22 years old. I have high myopia problem. Right eye —7.25 left -6.75.it is increasing day by day. Is it normal at this age myopia increase day by day. What is the solutions?
I want to know whether squint surgery would be preferred for someone who is 36 years old. What are the chances of better outcomes?
Eye twitching, tics in the eyelids and spasms in the eye are pretty common. In case of eye twitching, usually the lower eyelid becomes involved. The upper eyelid may also twitch in certain cases. Twitches are not permanent in nature, and they leave after some time. In some cases, eye twitching may last for long durations of time such as weeks or months.
Eye twitching is not a critical medical condition. It is a temporary prickling and irritation in the eyes, which ceases after some time. Common twitching of the eyes is not related to any neurological disorder.
Here are some reasons which cause eye twitches:
- Stress: Every individual goes through some amount of stress, and the body reacts differently in different people as a result of stress. An eye twitch may be caused due to stress, especially related to strain in the eyes. In order to reduce stress you should practice yoga, meditation, perform breathing exercises and take a break. Reducing the stress would also cease the twitching in the eyes.
- Tiredness: Eye twitching can appear when you are fatigued or very tired. Lack of proper sleep makes your body tired, and this might trigger eye twitching.
- You should improve upon your sleeping hours and sleep more.
- Eye strain: Vision problems and any issue related to the eyes can cause stress, which may result in constant twitching in your eyes. Whenever too much stress is imposed upon your eyes, they tend to react and twitching occurs. Any problem would make the eyes put in more effort, which results in strain. You should have an eye check up if you experience an eye strain accompanied by twitching sensation in your eyes. People who use computers, laptops, tablets and smartphones for a profuse period of time experience pain and twitching in the eyes. There is a 20-20-20 rule to be followed while using such devices, which reduces eye strain and reduces itching or twitching. You can also avail special eyeglasses for people who spend a lot of time on computers.
- Caffeine: Intake of an excess amount of caffeine leads to eye twitching. Cut down your doses of coffee, tea, dark chocolates and soft drinks in case of eye twitching and you may observe an easing in the twitching.
- Alcohol: Alcohol also leads to eye twitching so you must abstain from alcohol in case you are having twitching in the eyes.
- Dry eyes: This disorder develops in people who have crossed the age of 50. People who use computers a lot also develop dry eyes, which leads to eye twitching.
Our eyes twitch because of a lot of reasons. You should know the facts right and avoid situations that lead to eye twitching.