Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. C Anuradha Ramana
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. C Anuradha RamanaYour feedback matters!
My wife is 20 year old and she is suffering from PCOS andshe is taking Harmoni F tablet, 2 tab / day. And I hear from someone that PCOS patient did not give birth is is right. And I am 30 year old and suffering from hypothyroidism from last 2 years. And I am taking thyroxine 25mg/day. What will be the affect of Pcos and hypothyroidism to my baby? Me and my wife have fear that we we are not able to give birth.
Hello doctor, I have no problem but me not expecting a baby. So please sir help me. Now I'm frosted and depression. My all report is clear no issue. That's why me nt understand that ki kya prblm hora hai. So please sir help me. 5 years of my marriage and I am now 26 year old. One issues is having thyroid problem.
Hello Doctor! My age is 32 My weight is 60 kg. I have been trying to conceive for more than 2 years. My Amh is low <0.30. I do not ovulate my egg quality is low. I have been told to go for IVF with donor egg in next mnth. My hysteroscopy was done on 7th Jan. I have been asked to take tablet Novelon for 20 days then I will get my period and then I need to visit on 2nd day of period. My last scan was done on 25th April my 5th day of menses which said there was a small cyst after that my treatment started Will this tablet clear the cyst. Hope this cyst will not have create any problem in my IVF donor egg cycle. My uterus anteverted. Endometrium 7.4mm My gynec said My uterus is good there is good blood circulation. I need your opinion on the cyst and my other concern was Are IVF babies normal like other. Are they healthy like other kids Thanks.
I am married and I do sex with my wife but she not is not pragnent till now. and 4 months done of my marriage. What should I do doctor?
Folic acid is an important form of vitamin B, which women must take during pregnancy. It is a form of man-made vitamin B known as folate. Folate plays a significant role in producing red blood cells and helps in the development of your baby’s neural tube into the brain and spinal cord, preventing any kind of birth defects in your baby. Birth defects of the brain or spinal cord may occur in early stages of pregnancy.
Therefore, by the time a woman discovers her pregnancy, it may become too late to prevent the defects.
How much folic acid should be taken?
A woman should start taking folic acid within the first three to four weeks of pregnancy, as birth defects may occur during this time. Women who start taking folic acid a year before getting pregnant produce healthy babies without birth defects.
400 mcg of folic acid is the recommended dose for all women who are of childbearing age and also in the first trimester of pregnancy. Multivitamins with the recommended amount of folate and folic acid supplements are generally prescribed as they help the mother deliver a healthy child. From the fourth to ninth month of pregnancy, the dose must be increased to 600 mcg.
Benefits of folic acid
Without sufficient folic acid in your body, the neural tube of your developing baby may not close properly. This may lead to neural tube defects, which include:
1. Spina bifida, a condition where the spinal cord or vertebrae develop incompletely. A baby with spina bifida may be disabled permanently.
2. Anencephaly, a condition that features incomplete development of the brain. Babies affected with anencephaly do not live long.
Having a sufficient supply of folic acid prevents these neural defects from developing in your baby.
Taking folic acid before and during pregnancy protects your baby against many other conditions. They include:
1. Cleft lip and palate
2. Low weight during birth
3. Chances of miscarriage
4. Premature birth
Folic acid also reduces the risk of developing pregnancy complications in the mother such as heart diseases, stroke, several cancers and Alzheimer’s disease. Folic acid is naturally found in dark-green vegetables, which you must consume in abundance. Other sources of folic acid include fortified breakfast cereals, beef liver, lentils, egg noodles and great northern beans. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
Have you been trying hard to conceive, but in vain. Then here are 3 things you can do increase your chance of getting pregnant:
- Keeping track of the ovulation period: Even though regular sex throughout the month is advised, it is certainly more fruitful to know your cycle. You can only get pregnant when the sperm meets the egg, and the egg is only released around the 14th day in your cycle. This egg lives only for a day or two, so you have a limited window when you can actually get pregnant. Typically this window is approximately of 6 days, so it's best to have sex in this period. But it's important not get obsessive and put too much pressure to have sex on these days as the stress can reduce sperm quality. So be mindful of it and still enjoy the activity rather than being obsessive. There are several free apps that you can download to help you track your cycle.
- Have missionary sex at least once every 2-3 days: The key is to have regular unprotected sex for over a year. The success rate for this is 84%. It is advised that you have sex every two to three days in every month of the year, and it's not necessary to stick to only those days for having sex when the woman is ovulating. Further, a spiced up sex life can increase your chances of the girl getting pregnant. As for the position, the missionary position works best as it helps the sperm on travelling through the cervix, which in any other position proves to be difficult. You can make the path of the sperm even easier by placing a cushion under the woman as it tilts the uterus, allowing the sperm to travel through more easily.
- Try de-stressing: Psychological preparedness is as important as physical preparedness to maximise your chances of getting pregnant. These days couples lead very hectic and stressful lifestyle in which trying to get pregnant can only add to their stress levels. Increased stress lowers egg passage in women. Besides, trying too hard to get pregnant and the stress that it creates is the reason behind 30% of all infertility problems. In such cases, destressing by exercising, yoga, meditation or acupuncture is a good idea. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
My wife is pregnant on 02-05-15 but now she has teethache, dentist suggest root canal thats safe or not. please help me.
I am 30 year old female as I consulted gynaecologist for pregnancy but now I am facing vaginal cyst problem for this I am getting delayed pregnancy as I am taking treatment from 5 months still I am not able t conceive please let me know what I can do further now I am taking 2 tablets obimet 1 mg and sysgol active is this helpful pls reply.
which Food to be taken pregnancy? I am planning pregnancy. So please suggest me how to get good pregnancy.
Hi I'm pregnant 22 week so yesterday stereo vomiting and I have burned in my stomach please give me advice.
My wife is 2 months pregnant. Shall I have sexual intercourse with her? Or not? Whether, It may spoil her pregnancy or it affects the baby growth inside her. It's okay not to have sexual intercourse on which month I should stop having intercourse?
In vitro fertilisation, commonly known as IVF, is the process of fertilising single or multiple eggs outside the body. This treatment can be performed by either using your own egg and sperm or using donated egg or sperm or sometimes both. The resulting sperms and eggs are evaluated for quality and then one or more of them are positioned properly in the uterus through the cervix. IVF is regarded as one of the most commonly opted treatment plans, and it accounts for more than 99% of assisted reproductive technology processes.
Who are suitable for IVF?
IVF can be helpful for you in case you have some issues with the egg quality or ovulation, fallopian tubes that are blocked in some way or endometriosis. It can also help you to get pregnant if your partner has problems with mortality and sperm count and when you have opted for donor eggs. About 1.5% of babies in the United States are conceived through the IVF process.
How does IVF work?
There are several steps through which IVF process works and the timeline follows the following steps:
- Stimulation for ovary: You will have to take a special kind of fertility drug for 8 to 14 days near the start of your menstruation cycle. This drug aids in the stimulation of your ovaries for developing multiple mature eggs to fertilise instead of a single one. You may also need to take an artificial hormone-like cetrofelix and leuprolide for keeping your body from releasing eggs very early.
- Development of follicle: When you are under all these medications, you will have to visit your doctor’s office often for checking the hormone levels as well as ultrasound measurements for the ovaries.
- Getting the trigger shot: Once the follicles are ready, you are likely to receive a trigger shot, which is an injection causing the eggs for maturing fully and becoming capable of being fertilised. Your eggs are ready for being retrieved after about 36 hours of receiving this shot.
- Gathering the eggs: At this stage, you are likely to receive an aesthetic or ultrasound probe that is inserted through the vagina for checking the ovaries and identifying the follicles. Normally, about 8 to 15 eggs are retrieved through the insertion of a thin needle.
- Fertlisation: This is the most vital step, where an embryologist is going to examine the eggs before they are combined with the sperm and incubated overnight. Fertilisation happens at this particular time, but abnormal eggs are not fertilised.
Then the embryos slowly develop and are planted on the basis of your age and clinical condition. When the treatment is working, an embryo is implanted in the uterine walls and starts developing. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
My wife is 36 years old. She is suffering from severe hair loss from the past 3 years. She also has hormonal imbalance though her periods are more or less regular. She had also consulted a dermatologist, but medication didn't help nor did the minidoxxil solution application. Her tests are all normal except folic acid and vitamin d.
Hi, I am 24 year old male. I need suggestion regarding my issue. Few days back I was having sex with a sex worker and in between my condom torn so what should I do.
What medications should I go for aborting 21 days old. What side effects? With what precautions? Can we provide iron tablet? Thanks.
My wife is trying to conceive for the last three years. We have spoken to many doctors and have undergone various tests which shows the reports of husband and my wife is perfectly fine We are not able to know the exact reason for this. Pls advice us for the same. She has undergone the Iuv tests also for 4 times. Looking forward.
Dr. Sharmila majumdar
New pill on the block - addyi fdas approval of flibanserin to treat hsdd in premenopausal women, represents a women's health landmark, as it's the first drug to treat fsd. originally developed as an anti depressant, flianserin (addyi) is approved for low sexual desire in premenopausal women. addyi may boost sex drive in women who have hsdd and are distressed by it.
It appears to modulate neurotransmitters so as to, on balance, increase sexual desire side effects include low bp, dizziness, nausea, fatigue, sleepiness and fainting if mixed with alcohol. unlike the rapid effects of medication for ed benefits of addyi in reducing hsdd are seen only after first 4 weeks of daily treatment at 100mg at bed time.
Addyi is on sale since october 2015 in usa and it will be quite some time (minimum 24 months) before its available in india. addyi would have done its job if it encouraged women to atleast acknowledge their sexual dysfunction and bring it to the notice of their doctor's.