Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. C Anuradha RamanaYour feedback matters!
My child was 8 months old. He is crying always and didn't eat anything but he is drinking water more. Is this indicate any problem or else nothing to worry. Please can you tell me the reason?
Hello doctor My ultrasound reports say that I have mild bulky ovaries and grade 1fatty lever. Please suggest me treatment and medicine, any lifestyle changes that I need to make to get back to normal and healthy.
Dear sir yesterday I had done sex with my boyfriend and after sex I taken unwanted 72 within 5 hours is there any chance of pregnancy and is unwanted 72 affect my monthly periods cycle? Please help me I am tensed.
I have late period from last 2-3 months (10-15 days. But this month my period missed. When period date come very small bleeding occur and stop. I have doubt pregnancy but test is negative. Please give me the solution what do.
Hi, My wife's vagina became little wider. While doing sex we are not feeling that kind of pleasure. Is there any way or medicine to make the vagina tight to get full pleasure of sex?
Cough is the natural reflex action of a human being to clear the throat or breathing passage from obstructions by foreign particles. Whooping cough or pertussis can be identified by the whooping sound that accompanies cold cough. Whooping cough is caused due to bacterial infection or through transmission from the infected person.
The following are few symptoms of whooping cough:
- Runny nose and frequent sneezing
- Cough accompanied by a whooping sound
- Frequent vomiting
- Nasal congestion
- Sore throat
Whooping cough must be cured since it can pose serious health hazards for both children and adults and at times can even turn out to be life threatening. Ayurveda can effectively heal whooping cough naturally. The
Following are few simple steps offered by ayurveda for treating whooping cough:
- Honey: This is the most common and effective remedy suggested for whooping cough. Take a tablespoon of honey and mix it in a glass of lukewarm water to experience fast relief.
- Avoid smoking: Smoking makes whooping cough worse. So you must take care to quit the habit of smoking.
- Castor oil: Castor oil is also a remedy for whooping cough offered by ayurveda.
- Ginger juice: Ginger juice is a very effective remedy for curing whooping cough. You may mix the juice with honey or herbal tea.
- Aloe Vera juice: Aloe vera juice mixed with honey is considered to be a cure for whooping cough in ayurveda.
- Cloves: Sometimes cloves can also offer very fast relief from continuous coughing.
- Tulsi leaves: Tulsi leaves are also considered to be a very effective cure for whooping cough according to ayurveda.
- Breathing exercises: Practicing breathing exercises regularly can also give you relief from whooping cough.
Whooping cough generally persists for a week or two, but if severe it can continue to persist for even longer. You should not neglect whooping cough and must follow the above mentioned remedies right from the beginning to experience faster relief.
I am 40 years old and I am having adenomyosis and used to have heavy bleeding every month so I been told to take primolut n for 21 days and darilong 7.5 after stopping after two days I got my periods but first day was only blood clots in urine second day was very little but I am getting severe headache and leg thighs and back paining please guide.
I dry humped with clothes on with 5 layers of clothing. Everyone is telling that its impossible to get pregnant like that Why. Is it true?
I am 22 years old, I have very irregular periods and have PCOS. This time my periods started and have not stopped even after one month. My doctor prescribed me with Pause MF which I took for 8 days 16 tablets, but still there was no effect. Last week I had an ultrasound which said everything normal along with endometrial thickness as 5mm and polycystic ovaries. After a week now bleeding is not stopped. What can be the cause? Is something very serious? When will periods get over? I was sexually active with my partner but we were in our under garments and he dint ejaculate about 1 month before start of my periods. Is this related to my long periods? Is there any possibility of me being pregnant?
Hello doc. I was 2 weeks pregnant. In scan they found only blighted ovum so doc advised me to abort is dat right decision? And I want to know whether it will affect in future for getting pregnant.
Stitches or sutures act as a closure for either surface wounds or deep wounds. Procedure to close a deep wound comprises of sewing the two edges and applying stitches under the skin surface.
Catagories of sutures
- Non-absorbable stitches: Such stitches are applied in case of skin wounds or internal wounds. Such stitches get healed quickly and are easy to remove. Non-absorbable stitches are made of natural fibers or synthetic threads like nylon polypropylene. As the name suggests, these stitches are either permanent or persist for a long time.
- Absorbable stitches: Such stitches are applied on layers, which have the property of healing quickly. They are very firm during the initial days. Then they start getting dissolved in the body.
Precautions taken by medical team before applying stitches to prevent infection
- Careful checking of nose for occurrence of germs before the start of operation.
- Skin must be cleansed prior to surgery.
- Sanitizing hands prior conducting the surgery.
- Usage of germ free gloves and sterile clothes while applying sutures.
- Prescribing antibiotics to the patients who may fear high risk of infection.
Precautions to be taken by patient to prevent infection
- Take a bath prior to surgery.
- Avoid using razor at the surgical site. The same can be carried out by using clippers by the surgery team itself.
- Keep all your jewellery aside before the operation starts. Do not apply nail polish.
- It is advised to cover up the wound. Try to keep the adjacent areas germ free. This is a crucial step in avoiding infection.
- Visit your doctor at once on finding redness around the wound.
When to see the doctor
Pain up to a certain threshold is normal. In case pain gets unbearable, the scene can be alarming. It may be an indication of infection. Taking immediate remedial steps is necessary to avoid infection or any other side effects post the surgery. On meeting with any of the following signs, it is better to consult doctor at once.
- If the skin around the wound gets swollen.
- If you detect redness around the wound.
- If the pain becomes unbearable.
- If the wound starts developing pus.
- If your body temperature increases abnormally or if you have fever.
- If you observe red streaks around the wound.
- If in case a stitch gets opened up and the edges of the suture start widening. This is the most alarming sign. In case a suture gets opened, you must immediately seek a remedy.
Ask your doctor for the precautions you can take to avoid experiencing any of the above signs. If you come across such alarming symptoms, rush to the nearest hospital and get the appropriate treatment.
Hello Dr. I am 28 year old at the time of pregency I have come extra part from the under arms is it risk ?
A I am 24 year old female, I have irregular periods from 2 years, am taking treatment also if I drop treatment 3 mnth am getting regular periods after tat am not getting wt I do. No thyroid problem,
Hello I am 9 week pregnant and my progesterone level is 13 and in my torch IgG test rubella is <5 so it is harmful for me and my baby . Its my first pregnancy . I take duphaston , susten injection 200mg and susten 400 mg insert in vagina . Now I am very scared about rubella . Please suggest me.
I am feeling my stomach tighten and feeling that I am pregnant becz I have plan to get a baby. My stomach cramps sometime but most of time it is tighten n feel like not to eat? M I get pregnant as my date is on 12 April. If I miss d period. Is there a change to hope for a positive result.
Ayurvedic ear oil
Using ear oil strengthens the immune system and keeps your lymphs and sinuses moist and nourished. This helps prevent colds, infections and allergies. And just as powerful as the nourishing oil are the immune building, anti inflammatory, antibacterial and antiviral benefits of garlic.
Ayurvedic ear oil recipe
- 1/3 cup organic virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic – chopped
- Throw the oil and chopped garlic into a pot and bring it to a simmer.
- Let the oil bubble and pop to release all the liquid. Press the garlic with a fork to help it release. It’s done when the oil doesn’t pop anymore, it should take about 5 minutes.
- Once your garlic oil is done cooking, let it cool, and then strain to separate it from the garlic.
- Lastly, pour the strained liquid into an eyedropper bottle or old tincture glass.
- Before using ear oil, always run the bottle under hot water to warm the oil. This makes the experience quite soothing.
- Drop in enough oil to fill one ear and let it sit for about 5 minutes. Now tilt the head and allow the oil to drain out, and do the other side for another 5 minutes.
- It’s a good idea to start doing this once every few weeks to keep your ears clear and your immune system strong. If you’re already sick, fill your ears once every hour, until your symptoms go away, you will feel better so quickly.