Lybrate.com has an excellent community of ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. BrittoYour feedback matters!
I am 37 years old female feeling like my head is heavy from past 2 days. I feel numbness in my head. The part below my ear pains. Frequent yawning, nerves in my hands pains and the elbow too, vision is not clear suddenly, frequent blinking of eyes. Please help.
I am feeling some blockage type in my left sinus. I consulted with doctors they said it is chronic sinus also minor growth of bone too in left side. So I always feel cough and heavy feeling in my left nose. Is it good to make cleaning of my left sinus?
I am suffering from minor sinus problem and allergic to dust and due to that continue sneezing occurs so kindly suggest me some tablet or any solution regarding that sneezing problem.
From past two years in my throat spootam is getting generated and always I used to split it. I checked general doctor and one ent speciality, but they told no problem in throat and Gave tablet. But still I am. Having this problem. Can you please help me what to do?
Sir/ma'am my nose is somewhat bent to left side. What to do. Can it be straight. Without surgery. How?Please help me.
Mera left ear may hr samay ssssssssssssss ki awaj hoti rhti h your kbi kbi seti bi bjti h aur mujhy pichly 6-7 months sy kam bi sunai data h. My audio is 55-60 dasable aur kbi kbi pardy pr bhap bhap ki awaj hoti h. Please help me.
Do you have any treatment for husky sounds on ears. I'm suffering a lot about this. Please suggest me something.
My 8 years old son is complaining for pain in left ear after playing in water pool and coughing very frequently.
Ringing in the ears, medically called Tinnitus, is a condition in which the individual hears a certain sound continuously in the ears.
The nature of this sound varies with different individuals. The sound may be whistling, buzzing or bell-like; it might be low or high; seeming to come from a far point or from inside of one's body.
Tinnitus in most cases is subjective where only the affected individual is able to hear the sounds. In some cases, the condition might also be objective wherein the doctor/examiner might be able to hear the sounds on examining.
Understanding the most common cause:
The process of sound waves travelling from the ear to the brain is facilitated by hair cells. When these hair cells are damaged, the brain does not receive signals which cause dysfunction in the activity of neurons. This dysfunctional neuron activity results in the illusion of sounds in the said individual. This illusion is referred to as Tinnitus.
Other causes that might result in Tinnitus are:
Damage around the hearing sections of the brain also might result in ringing sounds / tinnitus. Excessive noise might result into Tinnitus and if not prevented might even progress to hearing loss. There are also some drugs that may cause or worsen the condition.
When to seek help:
In the case of a sudden episode of Tinnitus, it may be associated with hearing loss. Such an episode should be followed by visiting the doctor immediately to prevent any further damage.
Sometimes, the ringing sound occurs rhythmically with your heart beat. It might be because of a pulsating blood vessel and/or because of a sudden hike in blood pressure. This condition would also be relatively easy to cure if reported immediately to the doctor.
If ringing sound occurs with a certain movement, it might be associated with stroke in some cases. In such incidents, conveying the exact symptoms and seeking help sooner would help in treating the underlying cause effectively.
With the first episode of Tinnitus, a regular medication that you intake should be shown to the doctor to rule out medication as the cause or to discontinue a certain medication if found to the causative agent.
Hello doctor. I want to ask about snoring problem. My husband is having snoring problem. What should I do? he takes some nasal drops sometimes. He's having running nose problem most of the time in morning and little overweight also. please advice.?
I have red eyes red nose, swelling in the throat, and this problem is troubling me since last 3 days so I want to ask you can you help.
Sir, Previous 18 months I am facing post nasal dip. I also ct scan my sinus. And doctor says I have DNS problem also. But it is common. And last 1 year I am facing itching whole body mainly night time. When I take anti allergic tablets that time both conditions goes low. Also I take immunotherapy of septline tab. 3 months. And also take all blood tests. But alks are normal (that tests for sinus surgery that doctor proscribed) but I taken second opinion he told me you have allergy .what to do sir .l am suffering from last 2 year. Mainly post nasal dip .plz help me sir.
Balance disorders are a combination of physiological factors that can make you feel unsteady or dizzy. While sitting, standing or lying down, you may feel as if you are floating, moving, or spinning and you may feel dizzy and dazed for the time being. This disorder can intervene in your daily activities of life, and can even lead to falls and accidents, which may cause you to end up with fractures and other types of injuries.
What causes balance disorder?
A combination and coordination of many body systems such as muscles, bones, vision, the balancing organ within the ear, heart and nerves help maintain normal balance. Dysfunction of these systems can lead you to encounter balance problems. Balance disorders can be caused by many types of conditions.
Some of the causes of the disorder are:
Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV): This occurs due to dislodged or displaced calcium crystals in the inner ear, which help you maintain balance. It is the most commonly found cause of vertigo. A spinning sensation while turning in bed is a common sign.
- Migraines: Migraines are a general cause of dizziness. Sensitivity to motion can also be caused by migraines. It can also lead to motion sickness, which is dizziness experienced when traveling in boats, cars or airplanes.
- Head injury: A severe concussion can also cause vertigo.
- Ramsay Hunt syndrome: Commonly known as zoster otitis, this condition affects the nerves close to the ears. It can be attributed to hearing loss, vertigo and pain in the ear.
- Vestibular problems and nerve damage: Damaged nerves in the legs can cause difficulty in movement and locomotion. Abnormalities and dysfunctions in the inner ear can lead to a sensation of dizziness and a heavy head.
How do you know if you have balance disorder?
Some of the characteristic symptoms of this condition include:
- Blurred vision
- Nausea and vomiting
- Blood pressure
- Depression and anxiety
- Psychological disorientation
- Fluctuations in blood pressure and heart rate
Related Tip: Why Do You Get an EAR Discharge?
I swallowing more than normal if feel like something at upper part of throat which force m to swallow and I also feel sometimes like a needle is press in finger where I got scratch from dog. These all thing I feel since 9-10 months. I was taken rabies vaccine from that time I got throat problem. And also vaccine I have taken after 45 day of scratch. Is all these are symptoms of rabies. As accident duration is more than a year. Is any chance of rabies.
Hi doctor, I have a pain between throat and chest while swallowing food and water. Last two days I am feeling this problem. Please suggest me the solution.
Are you aware of the causes and symptoms of vertigo? Also known as bhrama, vertigo is a balance disorder. It is also referred to as a spinning sensation and head rush. A sense of spinning of the nearby surroundings is experienced by a person affected with vertigo. Standing in an upright position becomes difficult. The onset of this condition occurs in several ways. Ayurveda has a complex explanation for vertigo or bhrama, which is as follows:
According to Ayurveda, vertigo is caused because of your pitta and vata doshas.
- When the vata and pitta doshas get excited, an abnormal functioning of the balance mechanism within your inner ear is caused.
- A vestibular imbalance, or an imbalance in the inner part of your ear is the primary cause of vertigo. It disrupts the coordination of a stimulus and response.
- Any defect or disruption in the proper flow of oxygen to the ear can result in vertigo attacks.
Factors causing imbalance in doshas
- Viral infections like common cold
- Ear problems like discharges, infections in the ear cavity, and perforation of the eardrum
- Certain cardiovascular diseases such as low blood pressure, valve diseases, and improper heart rhythms
- Migraine and anemia
- Certain neck ailments such as cervical spondylosis
- Arthritis and injury to the head that leads to concussions
Several Ayurvedic herbs and remedies are used for the treatment of vertigo. These herbs are added to a patient’s regular diet. They are as follows:
- Ashwagandha improves the flow of oxygen in your body. It is commonly used for dealing with respiratory problems that result in vertigo or bhrama.
- Ginkgo is the most effective Ayurvedic herb for curbing all forms of circulatory problems. It enhances the flow of oxygen to various parts of your body. It is ideal for the reduction and elimination of vertigo. It also cures ringing in the ears, which is a common vertigo symptom.
- The roots of the vacha tree are effective in giving relief to vertigo patients.
- A concoction made of Guduchi Kasaya is effective in curing a vertigo. One should have 30ml of the concoction every morning, at least half an hour before breakfast.
- Other important Ayurvedic remedies that help with vertigo management include Triphala, Sarpagandha, Yogendra rasa, Saraswatarishtha, and many others.
It is recommended for you to consult an Ayurvedic practitioner before starting Ayurvedic treatment for vertigo on your own. He will be able to diagnose your condition and severity, and accordingly prescribe the best treatment.