Lybrate.com has an excellent community of ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Britto
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. BrittoYour feedback matters!
I am 30 year old male, complain of throat irritation, feeling like something is there since 3 month. I had taken medicine, warm saline gargle but did not gain full relief. What should I do?
Sir, there was headache and pain in upper jaw but my son couldn't get guess, he consulted a dentist assuming such pain in upper jaw. Unfortunately A Dentist started first sitting of RCT, after a week it's come into my knowledge that pain was due to sinus, Sir what are the options left to save a healthy teeth of my son aged 18 years without RCT,
I am 27 male suffering from nasal conjunction from last three days and not able to sleep please help.
The inflammation of the tissues around the sinuses is a condition known as sinusitis. This can be triggered by a number of factors including a common cold and pollen allergies. The symptoms of acute sinusitis are -
- Facial muscle pain
- Stuffiness of the nose
- Running nose
- Loss of smell
Sinusitis is an uncomfortable condition on its own, but can also lead to a number of other complications. Ayurveda can be very effective in treating sinusitis without causing any other side effects. Here are a few ways to treat sinusitis with Ayurveda.
- Steam inhalations - Steam is a decongestant that can successfully clear congestion and make sinusitis less painful. This can be done five to six times a day. If your sinus is causing excessive pain, this should be repeated regularly for at least a week. In cases of chronic sinusitis, you may even continue this form of treatment for two years.
- Nasyam - Nasyam is one of the five therapies of detoxification according to Ayurveda. It treats sinusitis by administering medicated oils or herbal juices through the nostrils into the body. Nasyam acts by attacking and removing excess humor in sinus cavities. This improves the flow of oxygen in the body, and thus also helps treat the pain that is a result of your sinusitis.
- Ginger-Garlic - Ginger and garlic have a number of medicinal properties. A teaspoon of fresh ginger juice with honey can help reduce the congestion caused by sinusitis. This should ideally be had early in the morning, as soon as you wake up and may be repeated in the evening. Similarly, create a concoction with crushed garlic, turmeric, and honey, in the ratio of 1 tsp each of garlic and turmeric and 2 tbsp of honey. Have 1 tsp of this concoction daily.
- Jala Neti - Neti is a yogic purification method and jala neti refers to purification by water. This is a simple technique that should be practiced daily to relieve problems related to sinuses. Fill a neti pot with lukewarm water and a little salt. Position the neti pot such that the spout is in one of the nostrils. Breathe through your mouth and tilt your head till the water starts flowing from one nostril to the other. Once the pot has been emptied, repeat the process with another nostril. This can be repeated any number of times.
- Change your diet - Ayurveda is a lifestyle and hence diet is a very important part of the treatment. Avoid cold and oily food. Starting the day with a glass of lemon juice and water is also said to be beneficial to sinusitis patients. Processed foods, chocolates, liquor, carbonated drinks etc are other things to be refrained from when treating sinusitis with Ayurveda.
Related Tip: Ayurvedic Treatments for Erectile Dysfunction?