Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Bindu WarriorYour feedback matters!
I am 31 year old lady but in this time I am pregnant at 20 week above. I have received report of Ultrasound and mention in this report: INDICATION OF REPORT: prime, 109 WEEKS, CHOROID PLEXUS CYST. Doctor said this is very big problem but we can not do anything. I am very stressful suffering from last 3 days. Please help me and details regarding this.
Hi My periods started on 24th of February. I got intimate with my boyfriend on 2nd march (7th day of my period). Although we didn't have sexual intercourse but he rubber his penis on my vagina but didn't ejaculate. I have read somewhere that precum can cause pregnancy so I took an ipill within 36 hours. It started to bleed on 9th march which continued for 3 days. Now I missed my periods which was due on 24th of march. Could I be pregnant? Please answer. Also I have PCOS. Thanks.
Hi doctor, I would need urgent help for my friend. She is in depression. She doesn't feel happy and got angry when her husband touches her. She gets irritate while he is trying to convince her for sex. When he discussed this issue with her she said my body doesn't help me and I hate these things. Could you please let me know why it is happening at all. Also she is physically weak as her hemoglobin is below normal and always feel pain in her body either in legs, headche, or pain in whole body. She also has backbone problem. She is 32 years old and got married 13 years ago. She has two children one is 12 years old and second is 4 years old and both are male. Please help me how to make her fine. Thank you.
I am bleeding since last 25 days. I am bleeding a lot during my menstrual cycle and clots are coming which is really painful for me I am not sexually active and having pain in my lower stomach area. What could be the cause of it and treatment for this. I am worried for this What are the reasons of this.
Hello, I am 33 weeks pregnant lady, I want to knw abt placenta calcified, is it harmful for unborn baby, today I hv done scan Dr. said you hv calcified placenta grade 3rd. My baby weight is 1.95 kg she suggest me to take drip of amino acids.
"Don't get wacko stop tobacco"
Say no to tobacco n tobacco products. It is harmful for your oral n general health and may even lead to life threatening cancer.
Hi sir am suffering from endometriosis .i had done laparoscopic surgery for ovarian cysts. My doctor told slightly endometriosis is there inside of the uterus .wat is the solution .pls help me.
I am 12 weeks and 5 Days pregnant so I wanted to know, is there any limit in having fruits such as Apple, orange, muskmelon, watermelon, pomegranates and so on. Note: earlier had a miscarriage. Please help me out.
I had my periods last on 19th Jan'16. Soon when it ended I had sex with my bf after which I took an ipill. But till now my periods haven't started. I have even done pregnancy check twice where the results are negative. I am not able to figure it out what exactly is happening. Could someone consult me in this?
I had sex with my girlfriend on 8th day of her period without protection but I ejaculated outside and also I had sex in standing position, and her date is 17th and still she is not having her period, im so so worried doctors, please tell me something, that I can do in home to avoid her pregnancy if she is, im so worried doctors please please please suggest me pleases, I do not no what to do now, is there something that I can give to her, I do not want to give her tablets and I can not take her to any doctor, please if there something that can help me and that I can do in home then please tell me please doctors I request you please doctors suggest me. Thanks.
Hi, I am 34 yrs old have 8 years old daughter want to take advise before planning for another baby can I have folvite 5 mg tablet.
As the saying goes, it is all in the mind. This is very true especially when it comes to physical intimacy, where though the body plays a major role, the mind is what drives it completely. In surveys, it has been found that people enjoy sex the most when they are in a happy mood. It is very common to find people not even think about sex when they are upset and depressed.
In both male and female sexual dysfunctions, stress is the most common cause. Stress, for whatever reasons, affects sexual life and relationships in the long run. There are some strong connections between how stress affects sexual performance. Read on to know how the human body reacts to stress, which also explains the strong connection between sex and stress.
- Body image: When a person is stressed, there are effects like overeating, which lead to poor body image. These reduce the tendency to have sex, as the person’s self-image does not remain very positive.
- Hormone changes: Stress also affects the pituitary gland, which is the master gland controlling all other hormones. The thyroid, adrenals, and other male/female hormone producing organs are affected, thereby, affecting the entire cycle of menstruation, ovulation, and fertility.
- Stress hormone: The hormone cortisol (known as the stress hormone) is produced by the body when a person is in stress. When these are constantly produced as in the case with people who are constantly stressed, the production of sex hormones is reduced, thereby reducing libido.
- Blood circulation: Stress causes vasoconstriction or narrowing of blood vessels, which reduces blood flow to the target organs. Reduced blood flow to the sexual organs translates to lesser amount of sex.
- Lifestyle changes: Some of the ways a person tries to manage stress is through excessive smoking, eating, drinking, and drug abuse. All these spell doom for a sex life, and may even cause irreparable damage to relationships. Smoking has been shown to be a major cause of impotence. Drinking leads to dehydration, which affects lubrication and therefore leads to painful sex, which may not be continued. Binge eating not only tires a person, but also leads to obesity, which again is not inviting for sex.
- Unhealthy relationships: When the person around is not nice to be with, it becomes a deterrent. Imagine someone who is stressed constantly, throws tantrums, has temper outbursts, and is generally cribbing and unpleasant. There is no doubt that the partner is not going to be happy with someone like that.
So, while sex is mostly thought of as an act of pleasure, it may not be the case always. There is a vicious cycle between stress and sex, which definitely can be managed. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
I AM 22 YEARS OLD. BEFORE 3 YEARS I GOT MARRIED. NOW I AM WITH MY HUSBAND. I HAD MY LAST PERIODS 21 OF AUGUST. BEFORE TWO MONTH DUE TO OVER BLEEDING I HAD TAKEN A HORMONE MEDICINE (desogestrel, ethinylestradiol/0.15 mg,0.03 mg)for 21 days. NOW I WANT TO KNOW WHICH IS THE BEST TIME FOR ME TO GET PREGNANT?
Osteoporosis is a disease that affects the bones of its sufferers. This is most commonly found in women, especially in those who are close to, or going through, menopause. Hormonal changes around this period in a woman's life usually lead to various changes in her body. One of these changes includes loss of bone tissue which can leave the patient with brittle and weak bones, a condition that is also known as osteoporosis. This condition literally imbibes the word porous, meaning hollow bones. It is born from an acute deficiency of calcium and Vitamin D. The DEXA Scan or bone density test, also known as the Dual Energy X Ray Absorptiometry Scan, is one of the most effective tests that can help you in detecting this kind of damage or thinning bones. Here's why.
- Fractures: The DEXA Scan is an important one because it sends low energy beams to areas like your joints and tissues to show how susceptible you are to fractures. It does so by measuring the strength of the tissues as well as the bones to see how brittle they may be.
- Other Ailments: Measuring the thinning of your bones can also point to the presence of other ailments that may have gone unnoticed or undetected, earlier. These can include kidney disease, hyperparathyroidism which happens due to overactive secretions of the said gland, as well as liver disease due a malfunctioning liver, intestinal disease and various disorders in the intestinal tract, and a serious Vitamin D deficiency. With this scan, you can get an insight into the other parts of the body affected by the bone density, and whether or not they are functioning properly.
- Estrogen: Simply checking the estrogen levels cannot ascertain whether or not you have osteoporosis, as a high estrogen level can be credited to a particularly heavy period cycle. It does not show the bone health the way a DEXA Scan does.
- Easy and Standardised: This method of scanning usually happens with the help of a mounted X ray machine type, hand held gadget which can be extended to conduct the scan. This is an easy and standardised method that releases low levels of radiation which also makes it a healthier option.
- Bone Density Scores: The T Scores and Z scores point towards the bone density and help in diagnosing the condition efficiently. With a systematic scoring system, it is a sure shot test for osteoporosis.
Osteoporosis is a serious condition. The first step in treating the same is to get a detailed scan like the DEXA scan done, so as to test the extent of the bone thinning to ensure that proper and timely treatment takes place.