Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Bindu Warrior
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Bindu WarriorYour feedback matters!
Most people feel that long distance relationships are rarely successful and so it is better to avoid such complications. But then it is also a fact that there are many success stories wherein things have worked out just fine. Though a long distance relationship has its own set of difficulties, it has several surprises too. Enjoying simple things like holding each other’s hand, dining together and taking a walk together suddenly can become some of the most cherished things.
Here are a few tips to make your long distance relation healthy and strong:
- Communicate with each other, but avoid over communication: It is true that in a long distance relationship communication is very important. But often, a partner being overly possessive might want prolonged phone calls over hours, and this can make the entire deal extremely irritating and tiresome. Communication can be regular, but then make sure that you enjoy the conversation. The length of the conversation doesn’t really matter, it’s the quality of that small talk you have with your partner. Respect your partner’s space and privacy and don’t go overboard talking about all the daily humdrums of your life.
- Be honest with one another: Honesty is the key to a successful relationship and this becomes even more important if it is a long distance one. While it is true that you need not share every single detail of your life, sharing things that might be bothering you or things on which you might want to come clean can of help. This will also help take the load off you that might be sitting tight on your chest. So, the best thing would be an honest discussion with your partner who should and will help you to find a solution. Avoid selfishness, over communication and improve openness and transparency are good things to marital harmony.
- Make right use of social media: Video calling might not be up your alley, especially if you are of the fairer sex. However, do enjoy it once in a while, even if it is for your partner. Remember, your partner certainly loves seeing you and video calling once in a while will surely make his day.
- Make plans to see each other once in a while: Meeting each other once in a few weeks or months keeps things going. As mentioned above, a long distance relationship has its own perks; the want and the desire to see and be with each other get amplified when you decide to meet after a month or two. True, sexual intimacy is that one thing that comes to the fore when you meet after a while. But try to revel in each other’s company; enjoy long bottled up conversations. Nothing can bring two love birds close than a perfect warm conversation over a cup of cappuccino. Being in a long distance relation isn’t easy but it is worth it if you truly feel connected to your partner. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
I'm infected with syphilis for past one year I already took 6 penidure 12lac injections weekly once but its not been cured.
Hi Sir, I have a big problem as I got married. I got fingered by my husband but it was too deep and there happened nothing more then it in between we people but the problem arises while passing of urinals I bled not too much but little more I wanna know whats the problem of bleeding during the urinals and how to get cure from this?
Hi, Me and my wife trying to convince from last one year. Recently I have done my semen test. My PH is 8. Sperm count 56.9 million per ML, Vitality 58%, motility 54, Immotile 46, Morphology normal 11. I am not sure weather my report is fine or not.
Hi doc, I am pregnant by 37 weeks 4 days and this is my first pregnancy. I feel stabbing pain in my pubic bone, lot of pressure on lower abdomen and sometimes back ache. I can see the difference in my bump and it looks bit lower. But during my recent visit, my doc told that my baby hasn't dropped or I am not dilated or effaced. I am confused why I am getting those pains if the baby hasn't dropped. Also I am doing regular walking, exercises and daily chores yet no results but unusual pain. Please advice. M really confused and worried.
Miscarriage is termed as the loss of the fetus in or before 20th week of pregnancy. Medically, miscarriage is known as spontaneous abortion though the word spontaneous is more of a keyword as it is not an abortion. Symptoms of Miscarriage are weakness, back pain, fever, abdominal pain along with severe cramps and bleeding which starts from slow to heavy.
Common cause of miscarriage is when the fetus is known to have fatal genetic problems and these are not related with the mother. The other causes are:
- Infection, medical problems like thyroid and diabetes, immune system rejection, hormonal imbalance, abnormalities of the uterus, and physical problems of the mother.
- If a woman is over 35 years of age, has thyroid and diabetes and has had an earlier miscarriage then that woman is at a high risk of getting a miscarriage.
Sometimes a miscarriage might take place due to the cervical insufficiency. This is due to the weak cervix, also known as the incomponent cervix, which is unable to hold the pregnancy. A miscarriage in this condition usually occurs in the second trimester. Though there are a very few symptoms in this but there might be a feeling of sudden pressure that the water is going to break and tissues from the placenta and fetus are released without any pain. This can however be treated by a stitch in the cervix at 12 weeks.
This stitch helps to hold the cervix until the full term is completed. If it is first pregnancy and cervical insufficiency is diagnosed then also a stitch can be applied thus resulting in full term and avoiding miscarriage.
Diagnosis of Miscarriage:
- The doctor does a pelvic test, an ultrasound and blood tests to confirm a miscarriage.
- Blood tests are done to analyze the pregnancy hormone hCG. This is monitored regularly if miscarriage is suspected.
- Genetic tests, blood tests and medication are important in women who have a history of prior miscarriages.
- Pelvic ultrasound and hysterosalpingogram are tests which are done when there are repeated miscarriages.
- Test like hysteroscopy is also done. In this the doctor observes the inside of the uterus with a device which is thin and like a telescope. This is inserted in the vagina and cervix.
- If the cervix is dilated, then the woman might be diagnosed with an incompetent cervix and this can be corrected by cerclage - a procedure done to close the cervix.
- If the blood type of the pregnant woman is Rh negative, she is prescribed a blood product called Rh immune globulin (Rhogam). This prevents from forming antibodies which could turn to be harmful for the baby.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!