Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Bhavitha KrishnanYour feedback matters!
I'm 31 years female with primary infertility problem and having severe burning sensation during and after intercourse and while urinating. Now taking clingen forte vaginal capsules from 9th day to 15th day of menstruation. Can have intercourse while taking clingen forte? Can I conceive with this month.
I am asking this question for one of my friend. The question is while have intercourse the sucking of vagina is injurious for health or not?
I'm 27 year women my last period was on 8 May. I had unprotected sex with my husband on 20, then on 26th, 28, 30 may and on 3rd june. I not even had any kind of contraceptive pills. Even though I got my periods on 4th june and my periods lasted only for one day. Is there still a chances of me getting pregnant now should I go for pregnancy test. Please inform. Thank you.
I have sex with my girlfriend (17yr) few times. Most cases we use condom. But three times though we use condom bt she took unwanted 72, these were 2months gap. Last she take 3/4 month ago. Now her period is irregular. Is there any effect for her future pregnancy?
Hello doctor, I had HSG test on 8th Feb which showed bilateral corneal blockage and had my period on 24 Feb and later in march no period but I got pregnant which I tested at home on 7 April. Went to doctor for ultrasound on 18 April which shows 6 Week baby where as according to doctor it should be of 8 Week. So, doctor prescribed foledge and ecosprin daily once, susten and duphaston twice daily and fertigyn injection weekly twice. What is the problem. Please help.
I am 24 years old. I am pregnant for 5 weeks 4 days. I have pcod and endometriosis in my right ovary. Still I got pregnant naturally. By God's grace. Is there anything I should be worried about. Do I need complete bed rest? I am given Duphaston, folic acid, all9 and gestofit. Pls do reply. It will be great help.
I and my boyfriend had physical relation its almost 5/6 days and he spill little amount of sperm may I will get pregnant?
Once the reality of the positive pregnancy test sets in, dreaming about the yet-to-arrive begins. Curiosity about gender, options for names, ways to manage, shopping ideas, etc., begin to get discussed. And then totally out of the blue the news comes that there is a miscarriage. This is one of the most depressing phases. It is very important for the family to be around and support each other. While the entire family is upset and hurt over the news, the mother needs most care as there is just not emotional but a huge physical component also to the episode. On the other hand, remember that miscarriages are extremely common, and is no indication of a fertility issue.
The first step would be to diagnose and confirm the miscarriage. After that, depending on whether it was complete or incomplete, some medical intervention might be required. In most cases, medications like misoprostol are given to expel the uterine contents. These help by clearing out the contents in about a couple of days' time. In some cases, a D and C might be required if your doctor suspects that medication will not suffice. This also helps identify if there is any issue in the uterus that could have caused the miscarriage.
While the above takes care of the physical part, the emotional component also requires cautious management. Needless to say, this is trickier than the earlier one.
- Mourn to your heart's content - When you have nursed a life within you and have lost it, it is very normal to cry for its loss. There would be a mix of emotions - shock, denial, confusion, anger, grief, depression, etc. Take some solace from that fact that this is nature's way of removing unhealthy fetuses.
- Get someone to talk to - Need not be your husband, but anybody whom you can talk to without having to watch words. A sibling, a good friend, a close relative - your choice. Make sure you don't pick ones who will judge and sympathize with you. More than sympathy, you need someone understanding and knowledgeable.
- Socialize more - As you would have kept to yourself post your positive test, use this time to socialize more and meet friends whom you have not regularly been in touch with. Close family members, your children (if you already have), society groups, movie groups, etc., help to a great extent.
- Formal medical counseling: If you are not able to cope with your regular circle of family and friends, try seeking professional advice from counseling.
- Spirituality - Whether you believe in temple or churches, spend some time there. Involve in some religious activity if you would like, this helps very often.
As much as it is painful and traumatic, it is not very uncommon or unnatural. Get back on your feet, the sooner you do, the better.