Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Married since 5 years, trying for child but not succeeded yet. What might be the reason? Can anyone please let me know.
Hello doctor, please help me in feeding. I took several medicines, lactacare granules, tablets in milk, but its not helping me out to feed my baby. Her tummy doesn't gets full. She is 2 months old. Im not getting enough milk. Please help me out?
PCOD or polycystic Ovary Disorder is one of the most common disorders of hormones among women in the age of reproduction. It is yet not discovered why some women become susceptible to this disease and it is believed to be a genetic disorder. The word “polycystic” refers to multiple cysts and a woman suffering from PCOD has multiple cysts in her ovary. This is due to the imbalance of hormones, which don’t allow the ovary to release eggs every month and these numerous unreleased eggs present in the ovary cause it to become polycystic.
What are the symptoms of PCOD?
The regular release of eggs from the ovaries directs a woman’s fertility and allows her to have a normal menstrual cycle. Therefore, women with PCOD face difficulty in conceiving along with irregular, low and absent periods. Some of the most common symptoms of PCOD include infertility and even miscarriage, elevated insulin levels, high blood pressure, diabetes, acne, unhealthy weight gain and obesity. It also leads to loss of hair from the scalp and excessive growth of hair on the body. This is due to over production of male hormones that lead to male pattern of growth of hair, such as on chest, cheek, chin and inner thighs. The hormonal imbalance leads to weight gain and obesity makes the hormonal imbalance even worse, turning it into a vicious cycle.
How is PCOD diagnosed and treated?
Your gynaecologist would be able to determine whether you have PCOD by checking your symptoms. Then she would recommend you to do a few blood tests along with a pelvic ultrasound scan to confirm whether you have PCOD. Though this disease is not reversible, its symptoms may be reduced or minimised. Most women can lead a trouble-free and healthy life if they take proper precautions at the right time.
It has been pointed in several studies that reduction in weight can help in the improvement of most PCOD symptoms because fat contributes to the production of certain hormones. Your doctor will prepare a treatment plan depending on the aspect from which you are suffering. For instance, if you are suffering from irregular periods, your doctor may prescribe you some contraceptives which can help in restoring normal menstrual cycle. But this treatment is definitely unsuitable for those who are trying to conceive. The infrequent and irregular ovulation can make it difficult to conceive and it can be artificially induced with the aid of medications. So, you must consult a gynaecologist to help your situation.
Therefore I miss my period since 50 days, Can I do sex in order to become pregnant? Is there any chances of it. As I don't seem pregnant after doing lots of test.
Hi, I want deep sex please confirm how many inches normally a women can consume while sex in her vagina or anal or mouth please help. I am going to marry next week.
This is the 17th week from the day I had intercourse with a escort. From last 1 week I am having the continuous burning sensation on tip of my penis and sometime pain spread to testicles. 1 week before the pain was acute but now it does not hurt much. Sometime I find little pain while urinating and sometime for days I feel ok. I do not have any discharge coming. No pus, no yellow or green fluid. Sometime I feel like something is coming from my penis but nothing comes. I do not have any symptoms like rashes or blisters. This thing happened when I had a much alcoholic consumption 1 week ago and the next morning I woke up with this feeling. Now the pain spread into my back. I have a joint pain issue from last two years but for the last week it got increased little bit. I thought it was UTI but I was do not have any symptoms like peeing again and again and continuous burning sensation. I got little etching but my skin seems to be clean. I also had a anxiety as soon I finished the intercourse. Because I had a doubt that she had a STD. I started taking PEP withing 60 hours. The after 1 month back I tested for PCR DNA. Which came out negative. I did a protected intercourse but I still doubt that I used it properly as it was my first time I had intercourse. Badly Irritated about the burning sensation in the tip of my penis. Pain is normal and bearable but sensation continues. I took advice of Urologist. There was no UTI infection. He said be to go for STD test again and gave some medicines for relief but conditions are same. I have checked for herpes, clamdiya and Gonnorea and they all were negative. I also did pcr dna test after 17th week and it was undetectable. Can I get a false negative result after 17th week. Urologist said to do endoscopy as all reports were negative. 120 days over, this is to be noted that after checkup and after 120 days I am getting seroconversion (ARS) symptoms. Had a small lump in my groin (i guess it is a swollen lymph node), pain in eyes ,fissure (from 2 week) neck pain, blisters on right cheek (big fluids pimples), mouth ulcer for 2 days (and den vanished) and gastro issues. Back pain (pain got less within week) and little heaviness in my back head and I have that feeling when I close my hands something under my armpit feeling. I have suffered all these issues earlier too. Now within week, they all are coming together, is a indication of something? May be my immune was strong, so I seroconverted late after 4 months? Can PCR test be false negative after 3.5 months? I am scared of being tested again as I afraid of being seroconverted. Seems like bad luck after using protection, prep medicine, getting the negative hiv in pcr test, still getting seroconverted. Seeking for emotional help Very scared! seems to be like a dark future! I know hiv patient can also live the normal life like others but having Suicidal feeling in the society where Hiv is a taboo! taking mobizox, Pan20, contiflo and Livoluk and lox jelly for piles. Back pain near rib was enormous when moving. Pain started from lower back then moved to upper left back near rib when moving now pain.
My girlfriend she have one problem of pcod. She is not interested in sex. she said she can't get pregnant any more. So any chance or hope to solve. She want to enjoy sex but she can't and any chance to birth a child ?
Hello Dr. It's almost one year and 2 months since we got married and we are trying for baby for last six months, our sexual health are fine in terms of my erection and her periods etc But only thing is we are having intercourse only twice in a week, cos of our work timings Any tips for us to get a good news soon!
Sweating is a normal function of the body, but some people sweat so much that their clothes are often drenched in sweat. Hyperhidrosis is a condition where the amount of sweat produced by the sweat glands cannot be regulated. It is characterized by excessive sweating commonly seen in the underarms, palms and soles. This disorder can affect a person at any age and if left untreated, can become a lifelong condition. Though this condition is not a serious threat to your health, it can be quite embarrassing and can hamper your lifestyle.
In many cases, there is no obvious trigger for Hyperhidrosis, and it is caused by the malfunctioning of the nervous system. This is known as primary Hyperhidrosis. Sweat is a function which helps the body cool itself. In cases of primary Hyperhidrosis, the brain sends a message to the sweat glands to produce sweat even though the body does not need to be cooled. A genetic mutation may also be the cause for some cases of Hyperhidrosis.
Hyperhidrosis with obvious trigger factors is known as secondary Hyperhidrosis. While primary Hyperhidrosis mostly affects the underarms, groin, palms and soles, secondary Hyperhidrosis can affect all parts of the body. Some of the common triggers for this condition are:
- Low blood sugar
- Medication side effects
- Alcohol or drug withdrawal
- Parkinson's disease
Hyperhidrosis can be challenging to diagnose and treat. Lifestyle changes are the easiest way to address this disorder. Some changes that can help you fight Hyperhidrosis are:
- Avoid spicy food and alcohol
- Replace deodorants with antiperspirants
- Choose cotton fabrics over synthetic fabrics
- Wear loose fitting clothes.
- Try using armpit shields and wearing absorbent socks.
Anticholinergic or antimuscarinic medicines can also help treat Hyperhidrosis. This keeps the nervous system from activating the sweat glands. Dry mouth, blurred vision, constipation, abdominal cramps and difficulty in passing urine are some of the side effects associated with this medication. Iontophoresis is a more aggressive form of Hyperhidrosis treatment. This involves passing a weak electric current through a wet pad to the affected area to block the sweat glands. It is usually used to treat excessive sweating in the palms and soles.
Botox injections can also help treat Hyperhidrosis by blocking the brain signals to the sweat glands. However this is not a permanent cure and may need to be repeated after a year or so. Endoscopic thoracic sympathectomy or a surgery to remove the sweat glands may also be recommended in extreme cases of Hyperhidrosis. This is usually seen as a permanent solution for excessive sweating, but are relatively new procedures and hence not very common.
I am suffering from post menopausal depression anxiety and insomnia. I am also loosing lot of frontal hair please advice.
Here are some tips for managing infertility
I have a friend who is a girl. she is suffering stomach ache since 20 days. She has undergone endoscopy two times. But the pain was not yet gone. She went to another hospital. Their the did some tests and scanning. In the test at the last their is IMPRESSION : PCOD PATTERN. She asked doctor about it. He said to google pcod. But we did not get clear clarification. Please can you tell me what is pcod and is it dangerous.
Desire is an elusive thing, especially in women. Anything can disturb it like a scent, a wrong touch or physiological reasons like vaginal dryness. If you want the top ways to treat this desire-dampener, read on.
One of the most common causes of vaginal dryness is a decrease in estrogen levels during menopause or perimenopause, after childbirth or during breastfeeding.
- One in every three women falls prey to vaginal dryness during menopause. It can afflict younger women too for a couple of reasons like chemotherapy, breastfeeding, removal of ovaries, certain medicines and endometriosis.
- The moisture in vagina keeps it elastic and once it tapers off, interest in sex wanes and intercourse becomes painful and the vagina feels itchy and stretched. It becomes thinner too.
- The condition is diagnosed through a pelvic exam by your gynaecologist. And the good news is that it can be treated easily.
Topical oestrogen therapy is the most common treatment for vaginal dryness due to low oestrogen levels. This provides oestrogen to the vagina for relieving symptoms. You can choose one of these three types of vaginal oestrogen:
- Vaginal Oestrogen Ring: This can be inserted into the vagina. It is a soft and flexible ring and releases a steady stream of oestrogen directly to the vaginal tissues. It needs to be replaced every three months.
- Vaginal Oestrogen Tablet: This tablet can be inserted into your vagina with an applicator as per instructions of the gynaecologist.
- Vaginal Oestrogen Cream: This cream can be inserted into the vagina using an applicator again as per the doctor’s instructions.
Several side effects are associated with these estrogen products like vaginal bleeding and breast pain.
- It is also contra-indicated for women who have breast cancer or those with a history of endometrial cancer.
- If you have any vaginal bleeding or are pregnant or breastfeeding, you should not use such products.
- In order to keep the vagina more lubricated, try using a vaginal moisturizer like Replens, Lubrin instead.
- Using a water-based lubricant like Astroglide and K-Y jelly before intercourse can take away the pain of intercourse.
- Eat a diet rich in Omega-3 fatty acids and proteins.
- Include more of these- raw pumpkin, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, and fish like salmon, mackerel and tuna for their fatty acid content. Also include foods with high plant oestrogens like flaxseed, soy, legumes, cherries, nuts, apples and celery.
- Drink lots of water to stay hydrated.
- And, last but not the least, do regular exercise. Twenty minutes of fast walking will keep your heart strong and up the blood supply to your pelvic region and improve your hormonal balance.
Hello sir I ask one ques. My wife pregnant from 5 months. I do not know how I manage these conditions. Can you suggest me how I can handle it.
There are many people who are not aware of this fact that running is one of the best exercises that can add spice to your love life. In fact, this is one of the easiest and simplest means of regaining that charm in your sex life. Bedroom potency can be guaranteed by means of continuing the running practice on a regular basis. Overall performance and sexual enjoyment can be increased to a great extent by practising running. Nowadays, almost all health or fitness experts are recommending the concerned option as the main way-out to get rid of different kinds of sexual troubles.
How running can help to get an improved sexual life?
- Feel sexier: You will get the chance of developing a sexier feel by means of practising running. Only improved health is not acquired with running, but you can also get a sexy body structure. Both health and sexy appeal are required for participating in sexual performance actively. You will gain acute confidence of taking part in lovemaking with your partner without any kind of mental blockages. This practice will help you to get a golden opportunity of revealing your impressive personality in front of your partner without doing any intensive exercises.
- Get increased energy: If you practice running daily, then you can get back your lost energy. This energy is highly potential for continuing the sexual performances in bed for long hours. You can get higher stamina and greater body strength, which are the most essential elements of improved sex life. On the other hand, you can also get higher mental strength as a result of which proper sexual arousal can be enjoyed.
- Reduction of erectile dysfunction: Due to running activity, blood circulation in your body is efficiently controlled as a result of which your genital organs can also get sufficient amount of fresh blood and oxygen. This is necessary for making the trouble of erectile dysfunction reduced so that you can get proper erection. If the blood supply is perfect in your genital organs, then you will never face erection troubles at all.
- Reduction of weight: It has been found that those fellows who have got greater weight are not that very capable of getting satisfied sexual life. This is the reason people often intend to lose weight, and this objective can be effectively fulfilled by means of practising running regularly without any break.