Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. BhaskaranYour feedback matters!
What should be ideal normal TSH after Total thyroidectomy due to Papillary thyroid carcinoma and after RAI Therapy. I am using Eltroxin of 200 mcg. My recent TSH is 0.07 is it normal?
I am 55 years old and have border line diabetes (146 and 110) ,but it is under control with yoga and work out. But my legs keeps on paining a lot and I feel weakness also.
I am 45 years old but I worked software for 2 years for a development in my life and I did hard work and to my disappoint ,there was a lay off in the job and and couldn't stop my interest because I wanted to earn I learnt all automation testing tool and I became diabetic as when was working a sedentary and was eating hotels during and have blood pressure and I am divorce woman but I don't money but want to earn so learn everything now I am not able to smile before I was very happy and I have lost my happiness and did not have any change so I am vexed and became obese and now 68 kg my question I can't be lively and happy and even I am not able to speak as before. Could diabetes be eradicated if wt is reduced I want answer to cope up my disappointment>
I am 61 year old. I have BP for last 10 years and Diabetes for last 6years. I take following medicines: 1. B. P.: Amlong A in Morning and Telmikind-AM in Night - B. P remains 150/160-85/90 all the time. Pls. Advice 2. Diabetes: Gilmistar-1 Morning B/F & Galvus Met 50/500 A/F Galvus Met & Gilimistart M1 at night. Reading remains 200 Fasting and 180 After food. I have stiffness, light swelling and pain in the legs. Pls. Adv. Not able to go for Morning walk due to this. MY weight 93 Kg. Height 5.11 feet. Due online trading, I have to sit longer time.
I am a 47 years old and have thyroid. I have bags under my eyes and also what looks like cholesterol deposits under my eye - is this a cholesterol issue , a derma issue or a endocrinology issue ? How do I deal with it.
Diabetes or madhumeha, is a serious disease that affects many people worldwide today. Diabetes, which is referred to as maha-roga is the excess of glucose in blood. As a result, you cannot consume sweetened food, get excess urges to drink water or urinate. However, Ayurveda has the most effective solutions to control diabetes naturally.
Read on to know what best natural medications are there to cure diabetes.
- Gymnema Sylvestre or Gurmar: It is one of the most effective remedies to diabetes. It is a hypoglycemic component, which makes it ideal for treating diabetes. It helps in reducing dependency on insulin by regeneration of residual beta cells of the pancreas.
- Coccinia indica: It is another herb, which regulates diabetes very well. This plant contains components, which after consumption of carbohydrates, prevent the sudden increase in blood glucose level. It can also prevent any adverse effect on other organs of the body due to diabetes. It is found to reduce oxidative stress amongst diabetes patients by surging the vitamin C levels in the plasma, and also prevents the fluctuations in fatty acid levels amongst diabetes patients.
- Azadirachta Indica or neem: It is one of the most common household antiseptics and a wonderful cure for diabetes. It enables high glucose tolerance, and also prevents diabetic neuropathy, which may cause severe fatalities.
- Morus Indica or Mulberry: It is a food that is experimentally proven to reduce diabetes. Daily consumption of mulberry leaves for 15 days at a stretch are beneficial in limiting approximately 38% of diabetes cases among its consumers. It also protects you against oxidative stress by building the antioxidant defense system of the body and is also known to correct any lipid profile abnormality. It also delays the possibility of the appearance of cataract as a result of diabetes.
- Momordica Charantia or bitter gourd: It is another common remedy found in most Indian households. Even though it is extremely bitter in taste, its medicinal properties are exemplary, and are extensively used in Ayurvedic medicines. It also targets the beta cells of the pancreas to help boost up insulin secretion by increasing their number. Bitter gourd also helps to release more insulin by way of regeneration of the pancreas.
- Eugenia Jambolana or Indian Jamun: This Ayurvedic cure reduces blood sugar level and increases the release of insulin. The extract of "jamun" seeds help in healing of wounds quicker, usually impaired by diabetes.
- Trigonella Foenum or methi: It is another household ingredient that serves medicinal purposes in case of diabetes patients. Even 1gm of fenugreek seeds could reduce diabetes sharply in a short span of 2 months. This benefit is because of the presence of diosgenin, a compound with hypoglycemic properties.
However, all these medicinal plants should be consumed under proper guidance from professional practitioners only.
Related Tip: "5 Tips To Control Diabetes Through Diet"
My fasting sugar is 102 and PP is 160. I am testing with Accu-check glucometer. Is it ok or I have to take test in Lab? If so what is the frequency? Pl. Inform me Jagatheesan.
From last two days my sugar level is ranging from Fasting 121 PP 165 what to do I m not taking medicine of sugar as I was reducing 400 calories sugar level was normal but from Last two days I was not able to do exercises.
If somehow we do not have time to prepare juices at home for diabetic patients or made home made medicine. Which medicine do you prefer for a diabetic patients?
I am 61 yrs old man having good heaith but suffering from sugar, cholestoral, and bp. I am suffering heel pain since one yr. I took homeopathy medicin and phisiotherapy. I didn't take allopathy medicine for this but I take allopathy for other disease..
My thyroid level Tsh third generation is 0.69. Do I need to take thyroid medicine? If yes, How much mg tablets.
I am suffering from hypothyroidism. Recent test showed tsh as 17.25. Endocrinologist put me on thyrox 50 mcg. My hairs are becoming white. Is it due to thyroid? please tell any solution.
I am 50 years old male with very hi triglycerides. To a tune of 393 even after medication. How do I reduce them?
Hi, I'm 28 years female, single and have weight 74 kg which is continuously increasing. I'm working professional, office job. I have thyroid (high TSH) but controlled as I'm on medicine. I want to loose weight, so need guidance to achieve that.
Thyroid is one among the many glands in the endocrine system, whose secreted hormones regulate and maintain various metabolic activities. Thyroid problem, in generic terms, refers to a situation where there is an abnormal secretion of the thyroid hormone. The secretion can either be abundant, causing what is known as hyperthyroidism, or insufficient which, in turn is known as hypothyroidism. Both of these conditions are detrimental to health affecting not only your body weight but also the growth of bones and hair. Though different branches of medicines are constantly dabbling with this problem, Homeopathy is the most preferred choice.
Some of the reasons for it are:
- Treats severe sweating, problems in menstruation and constipation: One of the most important advantages of Homeopathy medicines is that each one of them is equipped to treat a host of ailments. The condition, hypothyroidism is symptomatic of excessive sweating on the head, constipation and problems in menstruating in women. All of these can be cured by the intake of Calcarea Carbonica.
- Cures paleness of skin, tendencies of fainting and hair fall: This is another characteristic of hypothyroidism, wherein you suffer from pale, yellow skin and are unable to bear extreme cold temperatures due to the lack of vitality and body heat.  At the same time, women in their menopause tend to suffer from excessive hair fall. In all of these situations, a Homeopathic medicine called Sepia Officinalis is extremely beneficial in curbing these.
- Does not create overt reliance on medicines: Hyperthyroidism is a condition that is marked by nervousness and anxiety. Though allopathic medicines have always been preferred to others, it must also been considered that in their attempt to cure, they end up creating an overt reliance of medicines in the patients.
- Suits everybody: The primary reason for preferring Homeopathy to others is their complete lack of any side-effect. Both allopathy and ayurveda may or may not work on certain individuals. However, that is not the case for Homeopathy as it does not adopt any artificial means to cure thyroid problems, rather uses natural means to regulate the secretion of the thyroid gland.
Best Ways to Balance Hormones Naturally:
- Eat Healthy Fats (Including Coconut Oil and Avocados)
- Supplement with Adaptogen Herbs
- Balance Your Intake of Omega-3 to Omega-6 Fats
- Improve Gut Health & Heal Leaky Gut Syndrome
- Eliminate Toxic Kitchen, Beauty and Body Care Products
- Exercise (Especially Interval Training)
- Reduce Stress & Get More Sleep
- Watch Your Caffeine & Alcohol Intake
- Back Off Birth Control Pills
- Supplement with Vitamin D3