Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. BerylYour feedback matters!
Mild to severe tooth pain can turn out to be debilitating and damaging condition if it is persistent. Also, the pain in head/ears can spread to the rest of the head and give you an uncomfortable ache and tingling sensation all day long. So what are the causes behind tooth pain? Here's our list!
Tooth decay: The presence of food debris that has not been cleaned out can stay on and cause cavities and persistent tooth pain. This condition can also make the teeth extra sensitive and pain then emanates as a natural response to signify that all is not well in the area. This can also lead to sharp pain when bite an apple or munch on nuts. One must see a dentist for this kind of pain so that scaling and plaque removal can take place.
Injury: If there is persistent, throbbing pain after eating something that is too hot or too cold, then it might be more than mere tooth sensitivity. This condition could also point at chipped, broken or cracked teeth due to excessive teeth grinding or a fall or accident. It could also be caused due to sports injury. The dentist will usually take a dental X ray to find the cause of the pain and to unravel the extent of the damage as well.
Inflammation: Constant pain may also point at inflammation of the pulp. This may be caused due to damaged roots. If this kind of inflammation comes with bleeding and fever, then you must consult a dentist immediately. It can also mean that the pulp or root of the tooth is dying, in which case a root canal may be required.
Sinus: A dull ache in the sinus area of the upper teeth usually point at sinusitis, which is a condition that emanates due to pain in the nerves of that area. This pain can also happen due to cold and cough as well as an allergic attack that affect the facial muscles due to excessive sneezing and watering of the eyes. Also, a flu and fever can lead to this kind of pain.
Infection: Inflammation along with fever and bleeding can also point at infection. This can render the complete pulp tissue damaged. Also, the growth of abscess in such cases can cause acute tooth pain. The dentist will usually diagnose the issue with a tooth X ray before prescribing antibiotics and carrying out a root canal for severe cases.
Persistent toothache with other symptoms should always be checked by a dentist so as to rule out long term damage that can result in tooth loss.
I have yellow dust in my teeth but I am using dental cream and not change any improvement please give me some course.
After rinsing mouth with mouthwash, do we should rinse with fresh water? if yes after what time? if not then why it can not increase acidity of mouth which will lead to enamel calcium degradation?
What is 14 dental points? Mere teeth cavty ki vajah se kerab ho gaye. Or army walo ne medicl me 14 dental points ka jikr.
I drink coffee and tea regularly now my teeth has become more yellowish and stay. Would I be able to whiten my teeth and make it whiter. Which are the better ways to whiten and would they have side effects?
I had gone through root channeling 3 years ago, but certainly now I am having toothache on that particular spot, will the dentist remove that tooth?
I am 38 years old woman. I am suffering from cavity very badly and also I have a side neck and head pain, what should I do.
I am 49 years old. I am suffering from toothache in a right upper gum tooth. This tooth has been eroded badly since long. What should I do, whether the tooth needs to be pulled out or to be filled up by some method. Please advise.
My brother has some problem in his tooth. We saw a minor lines in it. N from sum times he is using lemon juice with pinch of salt to do whiter his tooth. Wat to do. Is lemon n salt affects his tooth. please suggest. He is physically fit n no other problems.
From last six months, when we have sex, I drink his sperms most of the time in three or four times in week. But from last week I found pimples on my tongue. Please doctor suggest me what should I do for this? Should we stop this?
I need to extract my 3 teeth severe headache, toothaches, pain in the neck face swollen. Do I need to stop my Aspirin pre&post extraction. Thank you.
Sir, jaha se teeth ko nikala hai waha kabi kabi bahut jyada pain hota hai or aas pass pura masuda red color ka ho gya hai isi type ka infection right side mai pure mouth mai fail raha hai, doctor ko dikhane se usne antibiotic medicine de hai (cefubak-cv-625) or ek pain ki medicine hai 5/5/2016 ko warm saline kinse karvani hai. Jo teeth nikalvaya tha us ka, koi acha mouth wash bhi btana sir maine vo teeth 29/04/2016 ko nikalvaya tha or jo Ulcer (soft tissue) abi same hai ki kam nahi hua hai aur us mai koi pain bi nahi hai.
Is it possible that if root canal treatment is not done properly or by inefficient dental surgeon may lead to internal tumour near the tooth ?
Toothache is a painful dental condition that affects many people worldwide. At times the excruciating pain can drive a normal person insane. Cavity and tooth decay contribute to toothache in a big way. However, toothache can also be an indication of some serious dental ailments that needs immediate attention. The following factors/reasons can equally contribute to toothache (mild or severe).
- Tooth decay: Tooth decay and cavities are synonymous to unhealthy teeth and toothache. Cavities can also give rise to awkward complications like bad breath. Thus, proper dental care and hygiene is of topmost priority. It is highly recommended to brush the teeth three times daily.
- Accidental falls: Accidents incurred during sports or games often go unnoticed and untreated. This can invite unwanted complications like broken teeth, infections or inflammations resulting in toothache.
- Unhealthy gums: Bleeding, painful and swollen gums and many other gum ailments can severely affect the teeth. At an advanced stage, this can lead to unbearable toothache.
- Bruxism: Many people knowingly or unknowingly indulge in Bruxism or tooth grinding. Bruxism can have serious dental implications. It exerts tremendous pressure on the teeth and the supporting tissues. Eventually the jaw muscles also get affected, with toothache being the inevitable consequence.
- Decaying enamel: Healthy enamel implies healthy teeth. Factors like excessive intake of sweets, drinks and chocolates play a significant role in enamel decay. This can have a detrimental effect on the teeth resulting in toothache.
- Abscess, a serious dental ailment: Abscess is the manifestation of dental infections, whereby pus formation takes place between the gum and a tooth. Pus formation can also take place at the base of a tooth resulting in toothache.
- Cracked tooth syndrome: A fractured tooth often acts as a catalyst, leading to toothache. The crack on the tooth is so small that even an x-ray fails to reveal it. Factors like bruxism, tooth decay, to name a few; contribute to the Cracked Tooth Syndrome.
- The wisdom mystery: Lucky are those whose wisdom teeth erupt completely, at a single go. Impacted wisdom teeth can give a person sleepless nights. Misaligned teeth are no better.
- Toothache and periodontal complications: It is a serious condition leading to shooting pain and inflammation. The inflammation and pain affects the root of the tooth immensely. It usually results from infections in plaque formations.
- Sinus infections: In many cases, it has been found that sinus infection can lead to toothache. Positioned close to the upper back teeth, the sinuses give rise to what is known as a dull ache.
Toothache can be an amalgamation of many factors. Thus, it is very important to go for periodical dental & full body check ups.