Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Benjamin JosephYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from psoriatic ARTHRITIS and I guess that's reached crotch areas as well and itz very irritating. Please suggest me some medications for the same.
Hi sir /madam my mother s suffering from knee pain it is gout arthritis items for tat pls give a remedy in ayurveda any home remedy to apply.
Hi doctor my age is 18 while playing cricket I got hurt in my last finger and it is not bending also so what should I do can you please tell me ?
Knee replacement is a surgery wherein an artificial joint is used to replace a diseased, damaged or worn out knee. This surgery is common among people who fall in the age group of 60-80, but recent trends seem to suggest that younger people are opting for this surgery as well. The lifetime of the artificial knee joint is around 20 years, provided the knee is well cared for.
Why do you need knee replacement?
Most common reason is “high grade osteoarthritis” due to wear and tear of the knee joint. The pre-hospital study of the Knee joint is mandatory and would decide what kind of Replacement is suitable to the patient. If there is diabetes or hypertension associated with this, then it should be controlled well before undergoing surgery. Hemoglobin of at least 10 gm% is required.
If the mobility in your knee joint is reduced leading to impaired functioning of the knee joint, then you might need a knee replacement surgery. You may experience pain while walking, sitting and, in some cases, resting as well.
Some of the common reasons why you may opt for this particular surgery are:
- Gout, where, small crystals are formed inside the joint.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis, an autoimmune disorder, wherein the immune system of the body attacks the body’s healthy tissues.
- Hemophilia, wherein, the blood ceases to clot normally.
- Injuries to the knee.
- Disorders that cause unusual bone growth (bone dysplasias).
- Death of bone in the knee joint following blood supply problems (avascular necrosis).
- Knee deformity with pain and loss of cartilage.
- Unusual growth of bones in the knee joint.
Knee replacement surgery is classified into:
- Partial Knee Replacement: In this surgery, only one part of the joint is replaced.
- Total Knee Replacement: Total knee replacement surgery involves replacement of both sides of the knee joint.
The usual hospital stay period is around 2-3 days after the surgery is completed. Initially, you will require the help of crutches to walk for at least 2 months. You may also be asked to do gentle knee strengthening exercises. It may take up to 3 months to recover completely from a knee replacement surgery.
I have been suffering breathing problems due to nasal polyps. Even after medical treatment it gets back to the previous stage. What should I do?
I am a diabetic and since last seven days suffering from back pain that is if I bent even a little I feel a current in my back that is too pin full. I have taken ultracet and today when the pain increased I took Nise Mr. with ultracet. Advice for better treatment.
My mom is suffering from a strong pain at elbows and burning sensation of hands at night time please suggest me some home remedies which can cure this problem. please help me.
I have a puffy neck, I noticed that my lower neck is lightly swollen but had no pain at all. Could it be a hypothyroidism. In my family no one had thyroid disease. What is the symptoms for hypothyroidism in men?
Age 55 facing problem in left leg. Partly sense less ,not getting enough strength to walk. Consulting neurologist taking medicine Elcafant tab & Maxmala 50 tab but not feeling any improvement.
Sir my left hand near biceps has lot of pain also it seems not to be growing my left arm biceps and triceps are 3 inches less than my right arm it seems that it always wants stretching sometimes it seems like whole left hand becomes alone gone in coma and numbness I am facing this problem from 3 years please solve it I am 19 years old with a weight of 59 kg I sometimes exercise but not go to gym gender male student of saket degree collage.
From last 3 weeks I feel pain in my legs and moreover I feel to much tired. I just want to know ; is this the symptoms of typhoid and what type of precaution I have to taken?
Hello my age is 25. I am suffering from backache (middle part of back above the waist) or I can say my back is stretching from several days. But the pain is not constant. Because I have hobbit of sleeping after having my food . People says its gastric problem. Please guide what should I do to get relief from it.
I am 42 yrs old, from Hyderabad. I am having backpain since 4 yrs. On MRI scan it showed a bulge and tear at L4 &L5. Pain is severe during night and early morning. Please tell me few exercises which relieve backpain.
Dear sir I am a patient of tinnitus. And spondyitus.Sometimes back pain.Taking calirol sache and excercise for back.Advice
Runner’s knee is a very common problem with athletes. It is definitely not something one needs to worry about. In fact, with certain exercises, it can be prevented and if you do develop a runner’s knee, it can be treated with some exercises as well.
There are special sports medical practitioners who prescribe not only regular physiotherapy, but also specific exercises to deal with specific sports injuries. To fight with runner’s knee pain, there are a few exercises.
But the four most important ones are described in detail below.
- Quads: For performing proper quads, all you need is a back wall for additional support. You need to hold yourself against the wall and keep your legs apart from each other. The legs should be folded in the knees. In this position, you have to move up till the knee position with a minimum of one minute hold time in the knee position. You can repeat this exercise 10 times at a stretch before moving on to the next exercise.
- Hamstring: This is a fairly easier exercise than the previous one. You have to stand straight with your legs apart. Bend downwards from your hips. Relax your neck and back. Ease your head downwards as well. Keep your hands behind. Join both your hands and give it a stretch. If you think that this position is straining your neck or back a little too much, then you can simply stretch your hands without joining them.
- Calves: Calves is a standard exercise that is prescribed by medical practitioners and physiotherapists for easing out the pain caused by runner’s knee. You have to stand with your hand against the wall. Put your left leg forward and bend it at the knees. Stand on your right heel. Hold yourself in this position for 20 to 30 seconds before changing the legs and doing the same.
- Lateral: Lateral is also one of the easiest and common forms of exercises. You have to stand with your legs directly below your hips. Then stretch your right leg apart. Without bending your knees, try to touch the toes of your right leg with the fingers of your left hand. Hold this position for 20 to 30 seconds before changing the position and performing the lateral with your left leg.
Thus, these are some of the very fundamental exercises that one should follow in order to get quick relief from the pains of a runner’s knee. These exercises are very easy and help in reducing pain. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a orthopedist.