Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Benasir
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. BenasirYour feedback matters!
I'm student when l eat sweet things my teeth feel very pain I do regular brush but no my problems is finished.
Got a root canal In my upper jaw 5 years ago. Now my upper gums near my cheek hurt. What could it be. If its bacterial, could that effect the bone around that area of my face?
I am 25 years old. I want to ask how do I whiten my tooth either by naturally or medical treatments?
Dental erosion is the erosion of the upper surface and the enamel of your teeth. The enamel is the thin outer covering of the teeth and the cover of the crown which is the visible part of the tooth below the gums. There are no living/active cells in enamel and thus, cannot be repaired once it is damaged. Dental erosion happens when acids wear down the enamel, thus resulting in pain and subsequent decay.
A few causes could be:
- Consuming soft drinks which have large amounts of phosphoric and citric acids.
- Consumption of fruit-flavored candies or sweets
- Acid Reflux disease can also be one major cause
- Genetics or hereditary conditions
- Following a high sugar content diet
- Improper care and friction
There are a few other causes of dental erosion. The prominent ones are:
- Attrition: There is a natural tooth to tooth friction that happens when you grind your teeth, particularly during sleep. This phenomenon is called attrition.
- Abrasion: The physical wear and tear caused due to biting hard objects and chewing tobacco on a regular basis.
- Corrosion: The damage caused due to high acidic content foods.
Dental erosion has to be treated early and you should consult your dentist before it causes permanent damage to your teeth. If the structure of your tooth is affected, then it may require complex and surgical treatment such as fillings, root canal or dental implant. The span of treatment may vary depending upon the complexity of your condition.
Certain precautionary measures are:
- You should eat a healthy and a well-balanced diet
- You should drink more of water (about 2-3 liters each day) as compared to processed juices or cold drinks
- Avoid smoking or chewing tobacco
- Don’t drink fruit juices, rather eat the fruit itself
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!