Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Basma Kumari
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Basma KumariYour feedback matters!
Doctor. I'm 24 age old man, me and my girlfriend mates tomorrow. After that we have a confusion about pregnancy. Her last periods is 25th. Is there is any possibility for pregnancy doctor.
I am facing menstrual cramp problem due to fungal infection in nov 2015. Bcoz of having sex with my bf. Now I am gaining weight day by day. I have changed 4 doctors but no result. Now I am taking treatment from aiims but not satisfactory results.
I am forcing my wife to have anal sex but she is scared she said it will be paining doctors do have solution for this ? Should go for it or any thing that reduce pain.
I had unprotected sex with my bf on 4th of this month. My periods were supposed to cum on 5-6th of dis month and I hereby I got my periods on 11 th now from two days m suffering from irregular periods on 11th I got a normal period routine same pain and the pad was also full of blood till night but today that is on 12th m almost with just some drops of blood that too even nothing sometimes, right now I am just confused what kind of the bleeding is it a normal periods or any kind of pregnancy bleeding or some kind of problem with my periods please help me up with suitable guidance.
Masturbation is a natural sexual practice and has given birth to all kinds of myths which stops people from indulging in this form of self-pleasure and here are the top myths about masturbation:
- It can cause you to suffer from Erectile Dysfunction: Erectile Dysfunction refers to the inability to maintain or get an erection during intercourse. The causes of this sexual dysfunction are varied, but masturbation doesn't figure in the list of causes. What really happens is that when you masturbate repeatedly, you become used to your own touch or to a certain kind of sensation. As a result, you may find it difficult to have orgasms with your partner.
- Reduces sex drive: Masturbation does not reduce your sex drive or prevent you from having orgasms. Many people also claim that women get addicted to vibrators and cannot enjoy sex without them. However, there is no truth behind this.
- Children do not masturbate: Masturbation is a normal childhood habit, wherein young children discover the private parts of their bodies and the feelings of pleasure that arise from this activity. Most children begin to play with their private parts by about 5-6 years of age. A child can masturbate once a week or several times a day. There are even researches out there that show male foetuses masturbating in the womb.
- It can cause blindness: Blindness is the most outrageous myth associated with self-induced orgasms. Till date, there has not been a medical case to prove it.
- People in relationships do not masturbate: Whether you're single or in a relationship, masturbation is a healthy sexual activity that you can engage in to fulfil your sexual desires. Studies show that masturbation is a very common behaviour; about 92% of men and 62% of women masturbate. Sometimes, couples also engage in masturbation together as part of their sexual activity.
- It causes infertility: Pleasuring yourself does not reduce your chances of getting pregnant or getting someone else pregnant. However, for men with a low sperm count, restricting ejaculations while trying to get their partner pregnant is a good idea. The only way masturbation can lead to infertility is if partners who share sex toys do not keep them clean and pass on STDs through them.
I have a doubt if my wife periods is missed and Incase if the egg are fertilize by sperm in that case if I had sex during missed periods time means will it create problem to pregnancy. Please give a clear answer.
I had protected sex (used condom) on 19th june after my period got over (16 june) my due date for next month is 11 july, I also had taken unwanted 72 within 72 hrs (21 june, today I am having bleeding is it a withdrawal bleeding due to pill? Am I pregnant. I am diabetic from last 10 years and take medicines and insulin on regular basis. Pls suggest what are my chances of pregnancy ?i do not want unwanted pregnancy and does withdrawal bleeding rules out pregnancy?
What are the safe periods for intercourse with respect to period of a lady? How many days after of before one should keep relation with his partner to avoid the chance of pregnancy without protection? Thanks.
I want to know about kegel exercises. How and when to do it. Who can do it and what is it's benefit. Is it beneficial for both man and woman.
Good hand washing is the key to preventing the spreading of common infections.
Generally, as a child, we hear from our parents repeatedly saying that ,'WASH YOUR HANDS PROPERLY'.
We might think that they are nagging , but it is very important to keep germs away.
So, Follow these simple steps to keep your hand clean:
1. Use warm water ( avoid cold or hot water).
2. It's not imperative to use antibacterial soap every time , ever regular soap insufficient.
3. Rub your hands together well and scrub all surfaces of hand . Lather up on both sides of hand , wrist , between your fingers, around your nails. The ideal time you should spend washing is 20 seconds.
4. Rinse well under warm running water and pat dry with clean towel.
Sometimes, excessive hand washing can cause dryness, so use mild soaps for washing , pat rather than rubbing with a towel for drying your hands and apply moisturising lotion afterwards.
Take care of above points, next time you wash your hands.
Garlic is used as a home remedy for most of the ailments in this world. Since it is a wonder home remedy, it treats nightfall too. Garlic will help you to get rid of the problem because it has a special ingredient in it.Allicin which is present in garlic helps in raising the blood flow to a man’s penis. If you chew raw garlic for few days, your nightfall problem will go away on its own. You can also saw the garlic cloves but make sure you drink a glass of water right after that.
While insert fingers into female vagina I've touch my penis many time. That time on my penis one fluid is coming out, but it's not a sperm. Then I've touch that fluid and insert finger into my partner. My question is that whether she will gets pregnant or not.
I am 23. Suffering from heavy mensuration bleeding with clots every month since 10 years. All my reports are normal. Need help. My lower abdomen, back, legs hurts a lot. Help me.
Does eating apple and watermelon during the days of periods reduces the bleeding or causes heavy bleeding?
Dear sir / madem meri shadi ko 1.5 years complete ho gya h but abhi meri wife pregnent nhi hui h. I want baby. Shadi ke kuch time tak hamne try nhi kiya tha abhi try kiya h but abhi kuch nhi ho rha h please suggest what to do. Any advise ki kya kya care rkhana sex krte time aur kab karna h sex ki pregnancy jaldi ho .Please help about this matter.
I had my first sex with my hubby I can not allow him to do. I can not tolerate the pain after 5 to 6 attempt. And his body got hotter and fell stress and his organ wouldn't get up. What shall we do for this Doctor.
Vaginal bleeding stands for blood loss from the vagina (including the vaginal wall) or uterus. Marking the beginning of a new reproductive cycle, normal vaginal bleeding (menstruation) takes place every 21-35 days.
It is regarded abnormal if it takes place.
- Outside of your normal menstruation period
- When you’re pregnant
- After menopause
- Menstrual flow is heavier or lighter than normal
Common Causes of Unexpected Vaginal Bleeding:
1. Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
If your body’s hormone production is out of balance, it brings about a disruption in the normal ovulation (monthly discharge of an egg) cycle, causing abnormal vaginal bleeding.
2. Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID)
Infection or inflammation of the female reproductive organs namely, uterus, ovaries or fallopian tubes as a result of sexually transmitted bacteria can lead to abnormal bleeding. The problem occurs when the bacterial infection spreads from the vagina into these parts of the reproductive system. More importantly, inflammation of these areas can also bring about vaginal bleeding particularly after sexual intercourse.
3. Intrauterine Device (IUD)
The use of Intrauterine Device (a birth control tool that is inserted into the uterus to prevent future pregnancy) can also cause vaginal bleeding like spotting (light bleeding between periods) or heavy periods.
Any hormonal medications, containing Estrogen or Progesterone (eg: certain birth control pills), when taken irregularly or indiscriminately, may lead to hormonal imbalance, leading to abnormal bleeding.
5. Early Pregnancy
Another very important cause of abnormal bleeding in women of reproductive age group is - Pregnancy. Any abnormal pregnancy or early pregnancy with certain defects, can lead to abnormal bleeding even though you may not yet be aware of the pregnancy. Usually, it is the first condition to be investigated in a woman with abnormal uterine bleeding, in reproductive age group.
Apart from these common causes, abnormal vaginal bleeding can also happen due to:
6. Thyroid Disorders
Changes in your menstrual cycle as a result of the hormonal imbalance brought on by an underactive thyroid gland (hypothyroidism) or an overactive thyroid (hyperthyroidism) can lead to irregular bleeding patterns.
7. Uterine fibroids
Abnormal growths in the uterus or on its surface can lead to unexpected vaginal bleeding (longer or heavier periods and bleeding between periods).
8. Cancer of the reproductive organs
Cancer of the uterus, ovaries, vagina or cervix is also known to be an uncommon cause of abnormal vaginal bleeding. The blood loss can take place after sexual intercourse or between one menstrual cycle and the next. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.