Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Basma KumariYour feedback matters!
The point of doing a workout is to put your body through the motions and phases before you hit an intense spot of persistent action before cooling down. This helps in giving your body a well balanced workout. But what many of us do not know is that a good workout schedule will also involve a well paced warm up session with exercises that will warm up the body and its various areas as well as the muscles so that the intensity does not hit the body suddenly and result in some sort of injury or undue fatigue.
So get it right with these eight warm up exercises that you aren't doing, but totally should!
- Dynamic: Follow a dynamic routine and mix it up a little with various kinds of movements that will work the different areas of the body. Start with squats and move on to lunges before you do a few skips to warm up!
- Jump: Try the jumping rope the next time you hit the gym and watch your heart rate go up just enough to get you all warm and loose and ready for that heavy duty work out. You can start with five minutes of this motion before moving on to your first set.
- Dance: Did you know that switching on your favourite music and shuffling your feet before you start to gyrate a little can actually get you in the right frame of mind for a workout? So next time, warm up with a little dancing!
- Balance: Warm up with a balancing act or two. Stand on one leg and do deadlifts with a dumbbell. Repeat the same motion for both arms. This helps in imitating the actual workout that you will be indulging in, which helps in warming up the relevant areas.
- Stretches: Try doing stretches and jumping jacks for stability and to work your core strength before you hit the gym equipment. This will bring about better blood circulation and help you get your heart ready for the work out.
- Swing: Use swinging movements with your arms and legs with circles and marches to help loosen up the muscles.
- Walk: Do animal walk with crab walks, frog jumps, bunny hops, inch worm motions and much more to unleash your energy.
- Medicine Balls: Grab some medicine balls and do a few moves like the rotational twist, the front body push, the reverse eight and many more to get your body pumped up.
Warming up is an important part of working out, so remember to get your warm up routine right!
Related Tip: "Why Iron Is the Most Underrated Factor in Health"
Hi, I am trying but unable to put on my weight & also from last 4 to 5 months not having menses without tablets. Any suggestion for these issues?
Meri 23 years h.mera weight 44 kg h.meri height 5" hai. Mujhe doctor ne pcod batya hai. Mere period delay hota. Pr doctor kaha hai koi dawa nhi lo. Uske side effects hote hian. Jo baadh mey problem krte hian. Kaha hai exercise karo. Aur tension bilkul mt lo. Thik hojaiye ga. Meri ek prblm main tension bohat leti hoon. Pr ab bohat control krti hoon. Aur maine ek month se exercise bhi ki hai. Toh is month mera period within 35 days mey hi aaya hai. Maine Google kiya cyst ke baare kaafi information niklaali hai toh pta chla hai. Ki bohat sey home remedies se ye cure ho skta hai. Jaise flaxseed, almond,aur walnut ko grind krke uska powder. Early morning mey empty stomach mey lukewarm water mey mix krke lena hai. Aur cinnamon powder ko bhi ayese hi Lena hai. Aur kuch khaane ke baadh. Apple cider vinegar ko water mey mix krke lena hai. Kya ye saare remedies correcthain. Aur uska koi sideeffect nhi hote hai. Aur bhi bohat si chiz hai. Jaise drumstick, aur uska fruit aur leaves. Aur Tulsi leaves. Kya ye sb lena thik hoga. Mujhe suggest kr dein plzzz. Aur koi natural ways hi bataien cure hone keliye. Mujhe koi medicine nhi leni. Mujhe natural ways hi suggest Karen. Aur home remedies hi batein. Eagerly waiting for your for your useful suggestions.
I am 26 years old. Me and my husband trying for baby for last 1.5 yrs. Taking treatment like ovulation pills and doc injected me on 14 day of my ovulation. During follicular study I am having good follicular development. But my question iss why I am not gettingpregent. And usually I am having periods like pain 15 days before of my period date. What could be the reason for that? My hus count is normal. I had pcod before. I hope I only get pregnant if and only if. That pain stops. I had regular period for last 5 months. But in Aug and Sept periods gets late for 2 days and this month nearly late for 1 weak. What will be the reason for that. Please suggest me.
According to physiologists, human bodies are of three types: endomorph, mesomorph and ectomorph. Endomorphs are round and fat; they find it difficult to lose weight. Mesomorphs are neither too fat nor too thin; they can lose the weight they gain very easily. Ectomorphs are usually thin and tall; they can eat whatever they want without gaining much weight.
If you are an ectomorph and you wish to gain weight, the bad news is that it will be difficult for you. Your metabolic rate is too high and your muscle growth is comparatively lower. If you want to gain muscles, you need a comprehensive workout routine and the right diet. Along with the right training, you need to remember to eat from the three major food groups: carbohydrates, proteins and fats.
I. Carbohydrates: Carbohydrate is the main energy source for your body and you need 50-60 per cent of it in your daily intake. The foods you can include in your diet are as follows:
- Whole grain cereal
II. Proteins: Protein is the most important macronutrient (food you need in huge amounts in your diet). Protein plays an important part in repairing your body and building muscles. You need 1.5 grams of protein intake as per your bodyweight. Proteins you can eat include:
- Lean meat (Such as turkey or chicken)
- Fish (Such as halibut, tilapia, cod, etc.)
- Seafood (Such as crabs, prawns or lobsters)
- Skim milk
- Whey protein
- Cottage cheese
III. Fats: The correct fat intake will raise your testosterone levels (this hormone is responsible for muscle growth), protect the joints in your body, provide extra energy and improve your mood. You can add fat to your diet by consuming the following foods:
- Organic nut butter (Such as peanut butter or almond butter)
- Fatty fish such as salmon, sardines, trout, tuna, mackerel and herring
- Healthy oils (Such as olive oil, fish oil or flaxseed oil)