Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Basma Kumari
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Basma KumariYour feedback matters!
I am having some rex, brown vaginal discharge after 7 days of my periods, it continues from 4 days not stopping. I had sex with my partner on 4th day of my periods. Tell me what is this. Help me pls.
Is it normal to have breast pain immediately after ovulation its my 13th day. I am trying to conceive, will this affect my pregnancy. Immediate breast pain after ovulation means no pregnancy? Please help doc.
Hello Doctor, I am 28 weeks pregnant now. Yesterday I had a scan and after which doctor told that baby's AC is little lower. It is around 236 mm. She told that it is because of baby not getting enough nutrition and she prescribed to drink HERMIN ORAL (1 sachet everyday in one glass of water) until I go for next check up (15 days). When I google about HERMIN ORAL I read that it is not safe to use during pregnancy and it has got side effects too. Please clarify me if I shall drink HERMIN ORAL at this time.
Im 28 weeks pregnant, Today I have gone through a fetal Echo. This is showing defect in my baby heart. Heart rate is fluctuating. What should I do?
Sir, My wife is suffering from irritation in vagina and rectum. All the medical tests like Blood test, pap smear, biopsy, thyroid etc are normal. Kindly advice.
I had sex with my relative she came to my home for vacation. As we both were sharing same bed. At midnight we were unable to control ourselves and had vaginal sex with her .her last date was 5th of this month. I gave her I pill .is it enough or should I take any other step? Her age is 17 years.
Hello, After delivery of my twins my tummy area is falling down. Please help and tell me how can I tighten my tummy area?
As one of the fifth leading cause of cancer deaths for women globally, Ovarian cancer is a serious ailment. This type of cancer usually cannot be detected until it has spread considerably and causes significant damage. It affects the ovaries of women who are in their late fifties and upwards. Yet, careful screening and vigilance with the help of regular gynaecology check-ups can help in detecting and treating this potentially fatal disease. Read on to know what you may be missing during those crucial gynaecology check-ups!
- Screening Tests: Whether or not you are risk genetically or due to the environment, your annual gynaecology check-up must include Ovarian Cancer screening which will basically try to look for the earliest signs and symptoms by studying the fallopian tubes, and other areas for peritoneal screening for ovarian, fallopian and primary peritoneal cancer. The CA 125 Blood Test can also be used in order to detect this condition.
- Ovaries: During the screening and normal check-ups as well, ask your doctor to concentrate on the size, shape and consistency of the ovaries as well as the uterus. A pelvic exam will also be helpful in detecting even the smallest anomalies that can point at the existence of symptoms.
- Pap Test: It is a well-known fact that women over the age of 25 years and especially those who have been through childbirth even once, must get the Pap Smear Test done on a routine basis so as to rule out ovarian and cervical cancer. While this test may not be able to detect ovarian cancer for many cases, it can detect this kind of cancer in the more advanced stages.
- Bloating and Fluid Build Up: If you are experiencing various symptoms like edema or fluid retention and bloating in the area, then you may want your doctor to put you through a screening test for Ovarian Cancer screening. Usually, we tend to overlook these symptoms as a part of an infection or even normal menstrual cycle, but the detection of these symptoms must be followed up by proper screening.
- Ultrasound Wand: An ultrasound wand will be able to detect even the tiniest changes in the ovaries and the surrounding areas with the help of the TVUS test which can find a mass in the ovary. This can then be followed up by a biopsy to tell whether or not it is malignant.
Symptoms like too much of vaginal discharge and unusual amount of bleeding during the menstrual cycle should not go unnoticed or unreported and it is best to get a proper ultrasound done, followed by the various types of screening for this kind of cancer. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.