Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Actually he had been an accident before which is due to blasting of a 24 volt recharging battery. He got some liquid acid on his right side eye. After that he had getting pain and consult the nearest hospital and get the prescribed medicine and after few day he got a white layer in his pupil. And now that eye is not clearly visible. So what will be solution of this problem?
I just wants to get rid of my specs I use lots of techniques but my specs number is keep on increasing.
Eye problem pain in eye this is very serious problems please make solution in medicine and solve my problem this is very critical problems please make solution only massage.
I have faced the continuous problem of left eyebrow pain when I am continuously hearing of daily classes but it will be stop after 30 min please provide a better solution.
I have red eyes from over 3 days and its paining a lot I had consult a doctor but of no use what should I do.
I am 20 years old. My eye sight is constantly getting weak. I do use spectacles all the time still the power is increasing. Pls suggest something!
I have 3.0 long eye sightedness. I want to remove my longsightedness and want to maintain 0 sight. How can I clear this problem.
A red eye is one of the first and most common symptoms of conjunctivitis. Conjunctivitis is the inflammation of the tissue that lies over the white part of the eye and lines the inner side of the eyelid. It is usually the result of a viral infection and can easily spread from one person to another. Conjunctivitis can also be a symptom of STDs like Gonorrhea or Chlamydia. In newborns, conjunctivitis can be vision threatening, while in grownups it is not considered a serious health risk. The symptoms of conjunctivitis differ according to the cause of the infection.
Some common symptoms of conjunctivitis are:
- Green or white discharge from the eye
- Redness of the white part of the eye
- Inflammation of the eyelid
- Waking up to crusted yellow discharge
- Itchiness and burning in the eyes
- Increased sensitivity to light
- Blurred vision
An eye examination and testing a sample of the fluid secreted by the eye can be used to diagnose conjunctivitis. It can easily be treated at home and does not require hospitalization. Antibiotics are often given in the form of eye drops and ointments to treat conjunctivitis. These usually need to be applied 3 to 4 times a day for a period of 5 to 6 days. Wash your eyes before putting the eye drops. Once applied, close your eyes and roll the eyeball around to distribute the medicine and keep it from overflowing out of the eye. Wash your hands immediately after applying the eye drops.
Viral conjunctivitis is highly contagious. If you are suffering from it, you should take a few days off work and restrict your social interactions. Wash your hands frequently as you may unconsciously rub your eyes. This is especially important with regards to meals and finger foods. Also, avoid sharing towels, pillowcases, etc. to minimize the transmission of the disease from one person to another.
Avoid using makeup while being treated for conjunctivitis. With conjunctivitis, the eye is more sensitive to irritants and thus, a speck of makeup can worsen the situation. Also avoid contacts. If you wear contacts regularly, dispose the current set and start using a fresh set after your doctor gives you a clean chit.
Artificial tears or non prescription eye drops can also be used to relieve the itchiness and burning in the infected eye. If only one eye had been affected by conjunctivitis, do not use the same eye drop bottle for both eyes.
Respected sir. From the last 2 days when I get up from my sleep in morning my eyes become sticky and yellow coloured particles are stuck in the eyes. Pls address the issue.
Whenever I go out in sunlight on bright sunny days, my left eye starts hurting and sometimes causes me to vomit so that I can't eat and drink anything. The pain starts on the upper portion of the eyeball of my left eye. Can you please tell me why this happens? Is there any cure for it? Pleasehelp.
I always have baggy eyes and dark circles around my eyes. I had allergy. But it's fine now. But to I have those dark circles. I applied honey and lemon, I have no bad habits. What to do?
Hi doctor, I've resigned my job before 1 year. In this one year gap, my sleeping time has changed dramatically. Due to no job, I'll spend all night playing clash of clans (android mobile game) or I'll watch English tv serials. Usually I'll sleep at around 5 to 6 am. And I'll wake up around 2 pm. I know this is strange but tried to change this habit but I failed several times. Now I got a job in Kuwait. I've to join there within 2 months. So in this gap I need to change my sleeping time. Doctor please help me out. Thanks.
The first thing that catches our attention when we strike a conversation with a person is their eyes. And aren't they the key feature of our body? Sadly, they take away the charm and youth from our face when they start aging. But as the fact lies, it isn't like we cannot do anything about it! Here are some of the simplest ways that help you keep your eyes gleaming!
Things you should avoid:
- The Sun: Sun exposure is a major cause of wrinkles. Thus avoiding the sun or taking precautions as you get out in the sun can make you look younger.
- Smoking: Smoking does ages skin, as it responsible for releasing an enzyme which is known to break down elastin and collagen.
- Sleepless nights: In the case of an incessant lack of sleep, the body starts producing excess cortisol, a hormone that leads to the breakdown of skin cells and thus resulting in making the skin appear aged.
- Over washing the face: Tap water usually delayers the skin of its natural oils and moisture that is meant to guard the skin against aging. Either use soaps that contain moisturizers or use cleansers instead of soaps.
Some noteworthy precautions:
- Use moisturizer and sunscreen: Completely avoiding the sun or the cold is inevitable. Hence, it is wise to consult a dermatologist and wear a sunscreen and moisturizer that is the most suitable for your skin type. It creates a protective shield for your face and keeps your skin protected from the consequences of the weather harshness.
- Use Reading Glasses: Any recurring action of the skin strains facial muscles and thus leaves a minor trench beneath the skin which is visible as a wrinkle. Hence, it's precautionary to get the eyes checked in case of any strain and use power glasses instead.
- Eat a lot of Fruits and Vegetables: Fruits and vegetables contain antioxidant compounds which aid in fighting back the harm that is created by free radicals. This helps the skin look younger and beaming.
Few home remedies:
- Cucumbers: Cucumbers are one of the easiest remedies to help you get away with your eye wrinkles. Chop thin slices of fresh cucumber and keep them over your eyelids. They help in reducing the buildup on the eyes and re-energize the skin.
- Coconut oil: This oil works miracles for wrinkles. Massage this oil into your wrinkled skin. You will see results in less than a month.
- Orange Juice: You can dip a cotton swab in fresh orange juice and lay it over your eyelid. Use this method twice daily.
- Castor oil: One of the most primitive remedies, apply and massage few drops of this oil to your face after cleansing. Repeating the treatment once or twice every week. This reduces the chances of re-development of wrinkles.