Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Whenever I uses my phone water starts coming out of eyes and itching is occurred and not able to open my eyes nowadays I have seen an add of eye drop spa maybe use it.
I m suffering my eye problem last 3 year. Many time I checkup my eyes but every time my eye number is increase.
I have problems in my eyes and consult to so many doctors. But the problem could not be cure. When I use eye drop for some days I get relief. But some times being using the eye drop. My eyes blink continues. And while doing reading or writing it blink more. Some time when I got down from the stairs I feel my eye are closing.
Actually sir I am suffering in too much headache. Which I can not tolerate. Tears fall down from my eyes in continuously. Nd I feel so much pain in my eye corner please suggest me what should I do?
Is using contact lens safe for eyes? Does little careless in while using lens leads to huge problems?
My eyes are some other speed are over this time my eyes other defect are apply in motor cycle 40km/h.
I have red eyes for the last 4 days. What should I do for this? What are the precautions for preventing our eyes from becoming red?
I go walk every day on a walk after that in the sunny day or whenever I read anything tears come on my eye? What can I do?
I have red eye's since 1year. Generalized weakness with sleepiness since 2 years. Please give me your valuable opinion.
Hi doctor because of eye sight whether the blood pressure gets increased. With headache on the back head.
Sorry to ask I am 52 years old single lady. Not interested in sex. But if I see any male feeling like. I don't know y. Is it psychological problem. Pl give me solution.
While red bloodshot eyes may look worrisome at first sight, it is not a cause of concern all the time. There are benign, short-lasting bouts that will disappear on their own to serious medical reasons that could require intervention.
Listed below are some common causes and ways to manage red eyes.
- Conjunctivitis: The most common cause of red or pink eye is a conjunctivitis infection of the membrane covering the sclera. The blood vessels are irritated and give the eye a red hue. This is contagious and very common in children, needs to be treated with antibiotic drops based on the cause.
- Allergy: Be it pollen, dust, dander, or some other chemicals, eyes could be sensitive to it and get inflamed and take on a red color. This can be treated with a combination of prevention by avoiding exposure to the allergen (which causes the allergy) and some antihistamine drops if required.
- Contact lenses: Extended or improper use of contact lenses is the main reason for red eyes in contact lens users. There is reduced lubrication, increased accumulation of dust and microbes if the lens is not removed at frequent intervals. Removal of the lens and visits to the doctor are important things for managing it.
- Computer Vision Syndrome: With people spending a large amount of time staring at computer screens, tablets and phone screens, the dryness in the eyes increase, thereby, leading to red eyes. The reduced blinking when working on computers also affects the condition. It is therefore very important to take conscious breaks to stare away from the monitors and use special glasses if required. In some cases, eye drops may also be required.
- Occupational Hazard: For people working outdoors, conditions such as dust, heat, smoke, and dry air increase the chances of red eyes. Reducing exposure as much as possible and use of protective eyewear is extremely essential.
- Dry Eye Syndrome: The tear glands are a constant source of lubrication for the eyes and also cleanse the eyes from the minute dust particles and other irritants. For various reasons, the tears produced may not be sufficient and can lead to red eyes. Artificial tear substitute could be used for managing this.
Some benign reasons like swimming, smoking, lack of sleep, pregnancy, common cold also produce bloodshot eyes. On the other hand, corneal ulcer, uveitis, ocular herpes, glaucoma, and other medical conditions could also lead to red eyes.
If it persists for more than 2 days, is painful, and is associated with discharge or sensitivity to light, it is important to seek medical help, especially if associated with injury or trauma.
Related Tip: "Natural Remedies For Better Eyesight"