Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. BalajiYour feedback matters!
I have red eye out for the first time in the UK and Ireland and Wales with registered number is still collecting shopper reviews at this stage.
Hello doctors, My am 30 year male. I have some problem in my right lag at knee junction. While I am running so, there starting pain and I am moving inch. I consult with orthologist and done MRI of my knee they suggest me go for operation because your knee ligament capture broken. Its should only treatment. So, I request to you kindly advice me is there any thing which I will try to neglect operation.
I have red eye since last seven week. I have some problem on my vision. I have head pain also. What should I have to do doctor?
Recently I check up my eyes and that day my eyes number is also increased. Now after 15 days of checkup my left eye retina again increased why my eyes retina and number is increasing rapidly. How to stop it or how can the number can be decreased?
I have red eyes and feeling jealousy in my eyes because of this I can't sleep properly its very bad for my eyes.
Hello Sir/Madam. I am having a Habit of frequent Blinking of my Eyes and I blink my Eyes very fast. Sir its started long years ago and till now At my age of 16 it continues. I don't know about others but for me it's a serious problem. As after consult different doctors of different states I don't get my real answer So I thought of you all to advice me and say me that what should I do to stop it. I concentrate in it and I can stop it but while talking it moves very fast. Sir. Please tell or help me.
7 days before me c3r eye operation done lens from my eye removed today. Can I wash my face with water?
I had swollen eyes for the last 3 days. Its painful too. Pls help and inform me about it and solutions for the same.
Sir. Mujhe -10-2.5 number ka chasma laga hua hai. Kya ye without operation chasma hataya ja sakta hai?
My father age is 68 & having sugar empty stomach 160 & after meal 220. He wanted to do cataract operation is it safe? Or suggest me some perfect levels of sugar.
I am suffering from a rare disease called MACULAR dystrophy, and came to know that there is NO TREATMENT for the same till date. Is it TRUE, and if not what should I do to get it cured?
The spots which occur in the vision are known as eye floaters. One might feel specks of gray and black or cobwebs and strings drifting in the eyes and the same darts away on staring at them directly. The most common cause of eye floaters is age related. This happens when the vitreous & the jelly like substance of the eye becomes very liquid. The fibers within the vitreous clump to form small shadows on the retina. This gives it an appearance of floaters.
Symptoms of eye floaters Include:
- Spots in the vision which appear as knobby or dark specs and strings that are transparent float in the eye
- Spots which move when the eyes are moved and when one tries to look at them these spots quickly move away from the field of vision
- Spots that are noticed most when looking at plain backgrounds like a white wall or blue sky
- Spots which settle and drift put slowly from the vision
Causes of eye floaters are:
- Age-related: The most common cause of eye floaters is the age related changes in the vitreous. Vitreous is a jelly like substance which fills the eyeballs and help it to maintain the round shape. With age the vitreous liquefies partially and this causes it to be pulled away from the interior surface of the eyeball. As the vitreous sags and shrinks, it becomes stringy and clumpy. When the vitreous gets clumpy then small debris block the light which passes through the eye and casts shadows on the retina.
- Inflammation at the back of the eye: The inflammation of the layers of the uvea in the back region of the eye is called posterior uveitis. This can give rise to eye floaters. Posterior uveitis is usually caused by inflammatory disease or infections.
- Bleeding in the eye: Bleeding of the eye in the vitreous can have any cause associated with it. Some might be an injury or the problems of the blood vessel.
- Torn retina: Tearing of the retina occurs when the sagging vitreous applies a pressure on the retina and ends up tearing it. If treatment not given then the retinal tear might lead to the detachment of the retina and accumulation of fluid behind the retina. This causes the retina to separate from the eye. If not treated it might also lead to permanent vision loss.
Treatment of Eye Floaters:
- Eye floaters are very frustrating and might take time to adjust to them. However, with time one might start ignoring them and noticing them less.
- Eye floaters which lead to impaired vision might need laser to disrupt the floaters or surgery to remove the vitreous.