Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Balaji GovindarajanYour feedback matters!
I am 16 year old male and have backache for last two months. I have used pain relief ointment cream for couple of days but haven't got any relief. What should I do know? Plz.
I am 46 yrs of age I find discomfort at my back . Drs suggest me to go for l5-s1 fusion surgery. Is the success rate good or any alternative treatment for this? please suggest me the better option.
I am facing pain in the back-side of right-hand scapula. I used to take smoke. How shall I minimize these two bad activities ?
Hey doc, my friend has changed alot, she doesn't laugh alot this days and she isn't her same. Few months back she started self harming and continuously cried. It all happened after some personal issues. She doesn't feel like playing or talking, she would rather sit in her room and read stories from her phone. Sometimes she doesn't even eat food the whole day, she cries to sleep and she has given up all hopes. She doesn't know what to do anymore. What should she do? What happened to her? Please doctor don't make this a public issue.
Lower back pains may underline a host of diseases, some of the most distinctive being the degeneration of lumbar disc and strain of back muscles. If left unattended, these acute durations of severe pain can lead to further complications, beyond the scope of both active and passive physical treatment regimes. Hence, it is always recommended to attend to these minuscule symptoms as soon as they are detected.
How physiotherapy works wonders in lower back pains:
- Physiotherapy is recommended when lower back pains are frequent, or stretch for days at a time. Most medical literatures, which shower their unanimous support in favour of physiotherapy for back pain, make note that physiotherapy relieves pain, as well as improves the functions, which are most likely to be affected by this disorder.
- Pain emanating, following a surgery, is recognized as one of the most significant aspects where benefits of physiotherapy are more visible. Generally, patients are advised to undergo physiotherapy sessions after surgical procedures irrespective of age and gender, unless the move is contraindicated in specific cases.
- Muscular spasms and muscle shrinking is a highly familiar phenomenon observed in individuals who are relatively less active. Muscle shrinking can often be attributed to very low usage of certain muscles, while muscle spasm can occur when neurons at the affected muscles are irritated. Physiotherapy is observed as both the first line as well as the second line of treatment regimen in such occurrences; a routine for gradual and slow stretching is recommended by physiotherapists involving the muscles of legs, hips, abdomen and lower back, based on their intensity of pain.
- Advanced stages of a physiotherapy treatment regime upgrade the simple stretching exercises to more rigorous ones like specific stabilizing drills, exercises involving balancing machines and/or exercise balls. This aspect of physiotherapy caters to the secondary spine muscles of the human body.
- The area of the body considered to be the core of lower back pain (lower back muscles and muscles of abdomen) requires more than just stretching or exercises involving machines. Workout focused on these core areas are based on a complex set of exercises, which may have to be improvised such that the aforementioned muscles absorb the maximum shock.
- In addition to these conventional exercises, which are based on applications of gravity, some centres offer a different environment for individuals who are unable to perform activities in normal conditions. The concept of aquatic pools addresses the issue, and makes exercising quite an easy feat for the physically challenged individuals. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a physiotherapist.
I have trigeminal neuralgia. Have osteoporosis (T Score -3). Sytica and Knee pain. Please advise me for treatment.
Here are health-related tips of Anterior Cruciate Ligament
Hello everybody! I am Dr. Kaushik Reddy, arthroscopic and sports medicine specialist, working at the Apollo Hospital, Hyderabad.
Today will be talking about anterior cruciate Ligament injuries of the knee joint. Anterior cruciate ligament is one of the Major ligaments of the knee joint that provides rotational stability mechanical stability and proprioception and it is one of the most common ligament injuries which is affected in sports persons especially in people playing football, basketball, tennis, badminton it can also occur in people who have been Injured in road traffic accidents or recreational activities like dancing. So any patient while playing sports or during dancing if he experiences sharp Pain in the knee joint and pain while movement of the knee joint and if he hears a Popping sound from the knee joint if he feels any instability in the knee joint that is any giving way of the joint then you have to suspect that it would be an ACL injury of the knee joint. ACL injuries generally occur during sports whenever playing sports if there is any sudden stoppage from running or any direct blow to the knee joint during tackles or if there is any unsteady landing from a jump or any sudden shifts in the Direction can cause an ACL injury.
Whenever any ACL injury occurs during field or anywhere first medical attention needs to be given this is followed by rest and ice pack compression bandage and elevation of the leg needs to be done and once this first aid is given patient needs to be given Some analgesics and anti-inflammatory medication painkillers to reduce the pain and swelling and later after few days then he needs to visit an orthopedic surgeon where an orthopedic surgeon does a few clinical examination or test to diagnose whether it is an ACL injury then few investigations needs to be done to confirm an ACL injury like an x-ray to see if the injury of the ligament has occurred along with a bone fragment or an MRI to confirm the diagnosis of ACL injury whether it is a sprain or a partial ACL injury or a complete ACL injury.
The treatment for an ACL injury of where there is only a sprain of the ACL is usually conservative management where the doctor gives the patient a brace and he needs to be on Good physiotherapy and rehabilitation program in cases of complete ACL tear or injury conservative treatment doesn’t all good in that cases surgery needs to be done where an arthroscopic is ACL reconstruction needs to be done for these patients in which it is a small Dk surgery keyhole surgeries where the patient’s own hamstring tendons are taken and these are kept in the place of the ligament by making tunnels and fixed by various methods following an ACL reconstructive surgery the patient needs to be on good rehabilitation program and he can return back to sports within four to six months.
If you have any queries related to anterior cruciate ligament injuries of the knee joint you can contact me through lybrate or visit me at my clinic at Apollo hospital, Jubilee Hill, Hyderabad or at Bone and Joint Clinic, Swapna Hosptial Chaitanyapuri. Thank you.
I am 19 years old and I feel pain in my neck and back when I wake up and I can't sleep on the ground.
I have lower back pain since last 6 months. Please suggest specially which Dr. I should consult in ahmedabad.
I am 34 years old women last few month I am facing low back pain. When low back pain start after two to three minute chest and head pain will be start after some time cold body.
I am a 16 year old female and I have these sudden aches that happen on the left side of my neck at the front out of nowhere. Any idea what it may be?
My left knee has some pain for the last 3-4 months. I am 49 years old male. Total cholesterol is 215 and no diabetic. Please help to get good treatment.
I am suffering from neck pain from 2 to 3 months. Pain extends upward ND downward from the cervical region. What's dat I m suffering from.
Knee replacement is a procedure where the weight-carrying surfaces of knee joint are replaced surgically to ease the pain or any disability. People suffering from osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis or psoriatic arthritis undergo knee replacement. All these conditions revolve around stiffness and painful knee. This surgery is usually performed on people aged over 50.
Knee replacement is mainly of two main types:
- Total knee replacement where both the sides of knee joints are replaced
- Partial knee replacement where only single side of the joint is replaced
Procedure: In case of partial knee replacement with minimal invasion, a smaller incision, which is 3 to 5 inches, is required. This leads to minimal tissue damage and the surgeon can work between the fibres of the quadriceps muscles. Here, an incision through the tendon is not required. This may result in less pain, recovery time is reduced, and motion is better as scar tissue formation is less.
In total knee replacement, four steps are performed:
- Removal of damaged cartilage surfaces, which is at the ends of the femur and tibia, with a small quantity of underlying bone.
- Replacement with metal components, which help as a recreated surface of the joint
- Incision of knee cap with a resurface made of a plastic button, which is optional based on the case
- Insertion of a medical grade plastic spacer amid the metal components. This creates an effortless gliding surface.
After general or spinal anaesthesia, an incision of 8-12 inches is made in the front part of the knee. Joint part which is damaged is removed from the surface of the bones. The surfaces are then formed in a way to hold a metal or plastic artificial joint. The thigh bone shin as well as knee cap is attached to the artificial joint with either cement or a special material.
After Effects of the Procedure: After the surgery, patients may stay in a hospital for three to five days. Post surgery, notable improvement can be seen after a month or later. The patient is gradually relieved from pain with the construction of new gliding surface during surgery.
There will be slow progress in the movement. In the beginning, one may walk with a support of parallel bars and then with the help of crutches, walker, or cane. After full recovery in about six weeks, people can enjoy normal activities except running or jumping.
Presently, over 90% of total knee replacements function well even after 15 years of surgery. Hence, knee problem is no problem at all!