Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Balaguru
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. BalaguruYour feedback matters!
Hello sir Mere chest m kabhi kabhi bahut dard hota h Rat me achanak jagane pr hi hota h. Sir iska upay bataye.
Very heavy knee pains and unable to sit BP is normal but some times high Sugar levels are high and taking tablets.
2 years back I had a heart attack & was operated with 4 stents. From then I was having the prescribed medicine. 6 months before I had my echo done & EF came out to be 20-25%. Few days back, again I had an echo & EF as of now is 30-35%. I consulted the same doctor who had done my heart surgery and show him the echo report & he said the heart pumping action has slowdown abit. So, Any suggestions what to do, or things I can do to cure it. I also feel short breathing sometimes & weakness. Any leads will help. Thanks in advance.
Sir, My Father is Serious Heart Patient, referred to CABG from Cardiovascular on dated 02.03.2017, Due to 3 Arteries Blocked almost 70%, with High sugar though Insulin continuing. Sergant Told that after 1 month if sugar reduced then we think about CABG. Yesterday Blood sugar test has been done after 7 Days since Taking insulin, result came:- Fasting:- 157, P.P:- 112. Ejection factor (E.F) after ECO doppler Test it is found that EF=30. Eurik Asid:- 5.8, Some medicine Has been Prescribed By Cardiologist for 30 Days, These are mentioned Below:- SORBITRATE 5 MG TAB 50'S BASALOG 100IU INJ 5 ML INSUGEN R 40IU INJ 10 ML TIDE PLUS 20 MG TAB 10'S TIDE PLUS 20 MG TAB 10'S CARDACE 1.25 MG TAB 10'S STORVAS 80 MG TAB 10'S CLOPITAB A 75 MG CAP 15'S CORDARONE 100 MG TAB 10'S CORDARONE 100 MG TAB 10'S NITROCONTIN 2.6 MG TAB 30'S (BOTTLE) NITROCONTIN 2.6 MG TAB 30'S (BOTTLE) RANOLAZ 500 MG TAB 10'S RANOLAZ 500 MG TAB 10'S TRIVEDON Mr. TAB 10'S METOROSS 25 TAB 10'S. So I need some Guideline about the daily sugar free food chart, if you provide me. And also told me the next treatment steps how I can proceed after One Month, Please Guide me from Your Valuable Advice. And I want to Know the cost of CABG and how much cost? With Warm Regards,
My grandma is 70 years old and she's having disc problem for last few years and cervical problem also. She's also a heart patient. Before 3 weeks she's felt down while standing from bed but she just complain for back pain and not any other problem. But from that day her condition is getting worse and we didn't know the reason. Although we have consult a doctor after thatXray had been done. Dr. said condition is same as before. Now she can't even walk for toilets. Dr. said we have to give injections of calcium and of nerve so that she can come back towards her normal condition. Dr. we just want to know the reason of weakness that she's not able to stand up by herself not even able to do anything by her.
My age 55 + my Blood pressure every time very high because my sugar table is normal what can do for control BP.
Hypertension or high blood pressure is very common disease. One is labeled as having hypertension when the patient's BP is more than 140/90.
Hypertension is of generally 2 types.
- Essential hypertension: No particular reason is found. This is the most common type And usually due to life style habits.
- Secondary hypertension: Here the BP goes up because of some other disease And once the main disease is treated the bp also becomes better.
Some causes of secondary hypertension are
- Kidney diseases
- Hormonal problems like thyroid disease, cushing's syndrome
- Certain medications
- Some rare tumors like adrenal tumors, pheochromocytoma etc.
- Alcohol abuse
- Drug addictions
Uncontrolled hypertension for long period can cause life threatening diseases like
- Heart attack.
- Paralysis due to brain stroke
- Kidney failure
Treatment consists of two parts.
- Lifestyle changes
Lifestyle changes include
- Low salt diet
- Eating fresh fruits and salads as at least one third of you diet as these are rich in potassium which helps to maintain low blood pressure.
- Exercise daily, such as walking for at least 45 minutes everyday.
- That would depend whether you have essential or secondary hypertension.
- In essential hypertension, No one medicine is for all. Your doctor will individualize the medicines as per your blood pressure, your blood report results and any Co existing disease like diabetes or kidney problem etc.
Goal of treatment
- Is to keep your blood pressure below 130/80 at all times And to prevent complications.
- Remember hypertension is deadly. However it can be easily managed. Lifestyle changes And medications complement each other. They do not substitute each other.
- With proper individualization of lifestyle changes And medications you can enjoy a normal and healthy life. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.