Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Bala Murali
Submit a review for Dr. Bala MuraliYour feedback matters!
When there is gastric problem to me my blood pressure suddenly increase to 140/100 .What will be the reason.
Can I get rid of chicken pox spot in my face.? And one more problem m stuffing from is. I have gas problem, although I am fit and sports person still I feel sometime over eaten. please provide me any health tip which is beneficial for me thanks.
I am consulting for my wife she is 29 years old 46kgs and 167cms height. She is not interested in eating anything and has gastric problems also. Any medicine available for appetite.
I have fatty liver with grade 2 and the size of the liver is 16. 6 cm. Don't drink and smoke and also pure veg. But usually eat fast food. Is it dangerous or is It normal?
I am 22 years old male. I have problem in anus where whenever I go litter or after littering some pain and bad smell. Some part of the anus flesh has came out of what generally has. And some semen will be coming. I recognized 2 to 4 times of bleeding in anus while littering. This is from last 3 months it is happening.
My friend suffering from loose stool from 3 days and having weakness. Please tell me any medicine for quick response and management.
I am 28 years old and 74kg weight and I feel hungry always and having gas problem too. I take a balanced diet everyday but I am very weak. Also my bones are not strong. There are some sound on joints of bones on twist. I do not feel fresh on morning wake up and feel laziness. When I sit for Yoga or try to do exercise or try to read, even news paper I feel sleepy. My eyes always feel loaded.
Diarrhea is a disorder that affects people of all age groups. Medically speaking, Diarrhea is a mechanism that the body uses to eliminate germs from the body. Usually this disorder lasts for a few days to a week. It is usually accompanied by nausea, fever and dehydration.
Children can be affected by diarrhea in a number of ways, some of them are:
- Infections: Various infections, such as the ones caused by rotavirus and salmonella bacteria can lead to diarrhea. Usually diarrhea in children is caused by viruses; if it is viral in nature, then it can also cause stomach cramps, headache and vomiting. It also leads to loss of fluid from the body. Hence, the child's fluid intake should be compensated accordingly. Usually oral rehydration solution that contains nutrient such as potassium and sodium are preferred.
- Medications: Intake of certain medications, such as antibiotics and laxatives can cause diarrhea in children. If the cause is due to antibiotic intake, then you should consult a doctor. The doctor may alter the dosage or ask to increase the child's water intake. Yoghurt may also help ease the symptoms of diarrhea if it is caused by antibiotics.
- Food poisoning: Diarrhea may also result from food poisoning; symptoms of this type usually disappear quickly. Along with loose and watery stools, the child may vomit frequently.
The major complication that results from diarrhea is dehydration. Severe dehydration may lead to severe brain damage and seizures. It may also cause symptoms of dry mouth, fatigue, dizziness and dark yellow urine.
Certain preventive measures are:
- Use your good judgment while eating outside. Do not consume food from places which use unhygienic modes of preparation.
- Make sure your child does not drink contaminated water and there is access to clean and filtered water all the time.
- Your child should be eating a balanced diet that primarily consists of vegetable and fruits. They also help in adding fiber to the diet that keeps your bowels healthy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.