Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Facial Cosmetic Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. B.T. LavanyaYour feedback matters!
My friend is suffering for sinus problem from yesterday, due to heat and delay in meal problems. Which is showing symptoms of migraine too, like headaches, vomit etc. She has taken paracetamol. But feeling very weak. Please suggest a proper solution ASAP.
I'm having breathing problem. I feel like I cant breath, or uneven breathing. sometimes sweat and feel hot, vertigo, feeling of getting faint, and cant sleep either. Ive asked physician and he prescribed montelukast tablet, avamys nasal spray, and some one a month injection related to nasal infection or something. But it doest seem to help. And Its been 8 months.
i have recently got small boils inside my ears. could u please tell me why? and what is the treatment. i have started taking homeopathic treatment i.e. Silicia 200. 4 small balls thrice / day.
Any ailment can cause a breakdown of one's overall well-being due to the onslaught of related symptoms, and sinus problem is no different. Sinusitis refers to inflammation or swelling of the tissue that lines the sinus, which are passages filled with air and lie in the nasal tract.
Sometimes, these passages get blocked with germs, fluid and other elements that can give rise to infections and allergic reactions. Here are the ways in which this condition can affect your health:
- Related ailments: One of the most common outcomes of sinus blockage is common cold, which can happen when the passages do not get proper movement of air. Further, it can also cause allergic rhinitis which is also known as hay fever and comes with its own set of symptoms like a runny nose, blocked nose and ears, watery eyes and other signs. A build-up of nasal polyps can also take place in the blocked path of the sinus, while the nasal cavity can also shift, causing a deviated septum.
- Pain: We have many sinuses that are located in various parts of our head, including the areas above and below the eyes. As a part of the sinus attack, one may experience pain and fluid fullness in these areas. These regions can ache when there is a sinus infection. This pain can also be caused by the dull pressure exerted by inflammation, and the pain can then travel down to jaws, teeth and even between eyes.
- Headaches: The constant pressure and persistent pain in the various areas containing the sinus can lead to long term headaches which will be at their worst in the mornings. This is due to the fact that the fluids have been accumulating throughout the night. These headaches can get worse if there is a change in the temperature.
- Congestion: Congestion is also a common symptom of sinus infection. The swollen sinuses can lead to constrictions in the nasal passage, which can obstruct normal breathing. This will lead to congestion, which can also affect the senses of taste and smell.
- Cough and discharge: A patient suffering from a sinus infection may end up blowing his or her nose more often than normal. This will usually happen because a yellowing greenish discharge will drain into the nasal passages on a regular basis during the infection. When this discharge bypasses the nasal tract and reaches the throat, it can also cause persistent coughing. It is best to ask for medical intervention and practice steaming to relive the painful symptoms of this condition. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ent Specialist.
I have swollen lymph nodes behind ears and occipit region and it is mild painful and tenderness present. It is on and off since childhood. I had d same before 4 years. Pain present during mastication. No sore throat. No secretion from ears. There are 3 lumps in head. Help me. Does dis require hospitalization. Is dis serious.
A majority of people experience nosebleeds at least once in their lifetimes, whether from excessive picking of the nose or a pretty hard fall. Most nosebleeds go away soon but it can get very serious if you are not careful.
Nosebleeds can be broadly classified into two types:
1. Anterior nosebleeds, which happen from the front of the nose, are quite normal and get better quickly.
2. Posterior nosebleeds happen from deep within the nose and get very serious if proper care is not provided. Sudden increase in BP in hypertensive patients. However, such cases are rare and happen only in extreme trauma.
What to do when a nosebleed strikes?
- To stop the bleeding, tilt your head upwards and apply ice on the bridge of the nose. This helps in stopping the blood flow quickly. You can also stuff cotton in your nostrils while doing it.
- Blow your nose in order to clear the clots in the nose as they can prolong bleeding.
When does a nosebleed get serious?
- When the measures to stop the bleeding don't work. You are at risk to lose blood if you don't get medical help.
- If you have regular nosebleeds then consult your doctor immediately as it could be a symptom of an underlying health condition.
- A nosebleed can also become serious if you are having medicines that thin blood as it could make the nosebleed more severe.
- If you suffer from a blood clotting disorder.
- If the nosebleed is a caused by a trauma like a fall or an accident and you are having difficulty in stopping the bleeding, get immediate medical help. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ent Specialist.