Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. B.R SanthanakrishnanYour feedback matters!
My 5.5 month old has been passing green thick smelly stool since we started him on top feed - banana, dal water, rice paste, wheat paste etc. Is this normal? There is no apparent discomfort he is suffering from.
My baby girl born this year August 6th. Time of birth her weight 2.9 kg after some time 2.3 kgs,now her weight 4760gm. She don't have mother Milk. I'm using NAN 1 for feeding. No other health problems. Baby was alright. Her length is equal her age but weight is not good. How to increase her weight?
Hello everybody. I'm Dr Pulkit Nandwani. I'm a consultant gynaecologist and laparoscopic surgeon here at Saroj Medical Institute Rohini. Today, I would like to share some information with you about fibroids.
Fibroids are becoming increasingly common these days. They usually occur in the age group of 30 to 40 years of women but can occur at any age group usually at the age group of 30 to 40years.
Now what are fibroids?
Fibroids are usually noncancerous just an overgrowth of the muscle tissue of the uterus. Fibroids are also called myomas or leiomyomas. Now these fibroids can be located anywhere in the uterus. They can be either in the muscle tissue of the uterus or even in the ovaries or from a stem hanging inside the uterus or out of the wall of the uterus by hanging by a stem. The size and location number of fibroids vary a lot and according to them the symptoms depend.
Now what are the symptoms of fibroids?
The symptoms of fibroids depend on where the situation where the fibroid is located, how big it is and how many numbers of fibroids are located. The symptoms can be they usually cause the change in menstruation. The patient usually experiences heavy bleeding with painful cramping and now instead of monthly bleeds. The bleed may come at irregular intervals and at least twice or thrice in a month. There can be pain during bleeding. Other than the painful bleeding, the fibroid can also result in various symptoms. Because of the size and the weight of the fibroid, it might press on the urinary bladder and the patient might experience frequency of urination even pain during urination. Same if it's at the back of the uterus, it might press on the anus and cause painful deification obtained while passing motions. Because of the heavy bleeding patient might land up with low hemoglobin and having anemia and generalized symptoms of anemia like the fatigue, the weakness, loss of strength, loss of stamina, all these are the symptoms of fibroids. Just a pain in the lower abdomen can also be the manifestation of fibroid.
Fibroid can also cause infertility. Patient might find difficulty in conceiving or there are chances if the patient conceives if the fibroid is located inside the lining of the uterus it might cause increased chances of miscarriages. There might be abortions then but the good thing is that fibroids rarely cause cancer. It might twist on itself, cause severe pain and but it rarely causes cancer and grows over a period of time. It slowly grows over a period of time, sudden growth is a matter of danger sign.
Now, what are the treatments available for fibroid?
Fibroid if it is asymptomatic the patient is comfortable it was just the routine diagnosis, need not require any treatment at all but usually fibroids cause bleeding problems. So the most common treatment that we employ is starting the patient on medical treatment, a number of hormonal pills come which regulate the hormones inside the body of the uterus and limits the blood flow of the patient and the patient remains comfortable. If medical treatment is either not successful or by the location of the fibroid we already know that medical treatment will not work as in case if the fibroid is coming inside the lining of the uterus. In those cases the fibroid has to be removed surgically for the fibroid is usually done. If it is coming inside the lining of the uterus even if it is very small or a big fibroid is obstructing, the uterus lining causing pressure symptoms. In that case surgery has to be done. Now for surgery also there are two to three types of surgery which can be done.
- If so patient is young, she has to conceive again and family is not completed, we try to remove only the fibroid. It is known as myomectomy.
- If the patient is elderly age family is completed, it caues a lot of problproblemshere are multiple fibroids, in that case, the modality of treatment is a one-stop treatment in which we prefer to remove the whole uterus in which case it is known as hysterectomy.
- Regularly total laparoscopic hysterectomy fully by laparoscopy is done routinely at the hospital at Saroj Medical Institute for fibroids.
So this is much for fibroid for today. If you have any query you can contact me at lybrate. I am Dr. Pulkit Nandwani or you can even take a consultation appointment at Saroj Medical Institute Rohini, Delhi.
My 8 month old daughter suffering from fever, diarrhoea,little cough for 2 day please prescribe medicines for her.
My son age is 3 year, 01 week se use bukhar and khaasi hai humne usko doctor ko dikhaya tha but ab usko bukar nahi hai but kaasi hai and usko nind (sleeping) aa rahi hai guide kare. Urgent. Thanking you.
My child us 4 month old and his weight is 8 kg. Is this weight appropriate for 4 month baby? Or increased weight be symptoms of deficiency of vitamin D? Can deficiency of vitamin D causes increased weight?
I am feeling that I am somewhat special, if I go in front of mirror, I start to think who is she, my parents are not mine, every thing which is mine it's seeming that it's not mine actually. These type of feeling actually effecting me. what should i do ?
My baby is becomming very thin day by day please suggest some nutritional baby food for 10 months old baby and what kind of food will be good for him
ADHD is one of the commonest behavioral disorders that are found in mostly school going kids. In fact, this kind of trouble might affect kid's ability quite adversely. There are a few signs with the help of which ADHD in kids can be easily detected and some of the commonest ones are emotional turmoil, unfinished tasks, squirm and fidget, low focus careless mistakes and other related ones.
Both interpersonal relationship and schooling success can be hampered to a great extent with this kind of mental disorder. This is why the kids facing the mentioned signs need to be thoroughly diagnosed medically so that the doctors can recommend best treatments that can provide fastest recovery and that too safely and easily.
Best tips for tackling ADHD in kids:
- Setting behavior limits: If you make your kids learn how to lead a disciplined life, then appropriate behavioral limits are established. Arrogant child is mostly exposed towards ADHD.
- Staying calm: Child anger should be efficiently controlled otherwise. ADHD cannot be cured. If the kids remain calm and quiet, then only their concentration level will increase, and they can show productive outcomes.
- Setting pressure free structure: sensible routines and scheduled charts are to be prepared so that unwanted risks can be easily avoided. If the kids are under tremendous pressure, then they might face different kinds of behavioral troubles.
- Allow kids to make wise choices: If you let your kids free, then only they will be able to take right decisions. Kids with a cool mind can take wise decisions that are very much appropriate for upgrading their performances.
- Advocating child: Child advocating is highly needed for maintaining a good and healthy balance. But too much strictness should be avoided so that your kids' behavior can be controlled with ease. This should be done either by parents or tutors so that they can choose the best direction in life.
- Avoid muting any headstrong child: Communicate with your child so that a proper interaction can be maintained. If your child remains silent for too long, then they might face different behavioral troubles.
- Acquiring knowledge about ADHD: Both parents and kids should have equal knowledge about ADHD and then only the probable signs can be easily avoided, and the necessary treatments can be known.
- Being persistent: Persistent behavior is to be maintained, and if you find any deviation in your kids, then you should take them to a doctor.
Hello. My younger son is 4 months 15 days old. He just started rolling and rolled only once. His bit th weight is 3.5 kgs. But he is still 6.5 kgs ,looks like tiny baby and not chubby at all. I had severe chickenpox at 6 month of pregnancy. Has this affected?
A few months ago, my daughter (8 months) develop continuous fever for 5 days then rashes, sore tongue and throat. The doctor diagnosed as measles. Fever stop on the day rashes appears. Now again she developed fever for 3 days then rashes appears. Fever is continuous without skip in between. Her temperature is around 102 fah this morning. Fever still persist. The rashes are exactly the same as before. All over body. Refused breast milk and food, but still alert and cheerful when fever comes down with acetaminophen, as it have been always before. What is the diagnosis of this condition. What is the treatment.
My daughter 2.8 years age often complaints about stomachache; more often before passing stool. What can be the reason and what is the remedy.
How to get rid off perpetual prolonged cough and how to get rid off sneezing and allergy? What is exactly dengue fever and how to control it? Please tell me.
Provide me food chart for my 6 month old baby and give the tips to care of her. Best massage oil and should I gave her grip water.
My daughter is 10 weight 31, has been given augmenting 625 mg, three times a day for ear infection. Is the dosage all right?
Hello doc, pls suggest dashamoolarishta is good for 13 years old girl, as her puberty is not yet come, all tests normal but her weight is 68 kg and her height is 5" 3'So doctors said to reduce her weight by change lifestyle of healthy food. Now being fat her stamina is very low as she get faint at sports time. Always she feel tired. Even now under eye dark circles also visible on her face even she take a sleep of 8 hrs, stop watching t.v from one month .We have done all blood test, hormones test, neuro test also but all normal, daily she complaint headache and chakkar aana. Or dil ghabrana in school bus. Pls show me right path.
My baby's birth weight was 2.9kgs when she was born and now she is 4.25 kgs. Just wanted to know how much do the baby grow per day in the first 3 months. I have heard 30gms per day.
Hi Sir, mere bacha abhi 10 din ka hua hai or use loose motion ho gye hai or pet mei bhi dard rahta hai. Kya kerna chahiye? Please advise.
I am Dr Abhishek Goyal, I am M.D. paediatrics, a child specialist. I am working with my own clinic and a nursing home with the name of Vaishnavi mother and child clinics.
Today I want to tell you regarding the vaccinations. Usually, parents ask me, sir, should we give all the vaccinations to the child, they are very costly. I suggest them this is a thing we should always vaccinate our child with all the vaccinations. As the thing is prevention is always better than cure. And for prevention, the various vaccinations are very important. There are very important vaccinations like in this scenario, we are getting so many patients of chicken pox. And for chicken pox, the vaccination we give to the child is very effective. If the baby is vaccinated, then the baby is at least 90-95% is cured or prevented from chicken pox.
- Secondly, if they get also chicken pox, it will be very mild. So according to same, there are so many vaccinations today we should give our neonates to the childhood. Like from the starting we should start from the B.C.G., O.P.V and Hepatitis B, which is given at the birth.
- Then after 1 ½ month, 2 ½ month and 3 ½ months there are 7 diseases from which vaccination can be given that is D.P.T. (diphtheria, pertussis and tetanus). Polio, injectable and oral according to the availability and H.I.P., Influenza-b and rota virus. With that hepatitis b is a very important vaccination also. One category is the meningococcal vaccine which is a very good vaccine for pneumonia.
- At 9 months, the measles or M.M.R.
- At 1 year, Hepatitis A for jaundice. For 15 months, we give M.M.R, chicken pox and at the age of 1 ½ years, it is d.p.t. booster and 2 years it is typhoid.
These days, typhoid vaccine has arrived which can be given earlier around 1 year. Same after that we usually forgot, that 4 ½ years is a very important milestone where the baby has to get the vaccinations which are M.M.R, 2, Chicken pox and D.P.T. And in ten years again the D.T. booster and in girls, it is the cervical cancer vaccine. So these all vaccines are there in all the vaccination charts and you should get your child vaccinated from all the deadly diseases.
For any further query, you can always contact me from the very good app called Lybrate app.
I am available on the Lybrate app.