Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. B.KayalvizhiYour feedback matters!
I have ulcer problem in mouth. I cannot eat my food because of this problem help to relief from this problem?
I am chewing tobacco last 4 years. I am not open mouth. I don't eat spicy food easily. And under my mouth there is bluish colour around it. Please suggest me Thanks.
Sir please tell something by which I can treat mouth ulcers quickly sir please tell me soon please sir.
I have a some problems in my teeth after taking your service but you are not attend to me. Then I written my message to you.
Is piarrohea and gums bleeding can be cured permanently? Even its since 2 year? Tell me please if it can be cured for lifetime and if I can gain earlier like white teeth.
Accident me mere do teeth toot gaye hai aur naak ke baju ki haddi bhi crack hai waha plate lagi hai Mujhe teeth lagwana hai local me hi aap bataiye koi solution.
Recently i observed wisdom tooth is coming straight in my mouth. It's paining what i will do reducing pain?
I have got braces on since 3 months with some movement happened. Now I want to remove them, will all my teeth regain their natural position when they were without braces? My canine of upper jaw has come downwards, will it go up again after braces removal?
This is the most frequently asked question whenever we suggest teeth cleaning. Let me try and clear some misconceptions
Scaling and polishing is professional cleaning of ur teeth. We remove the plaque and tartar ( yellowish white , brownish, blackish deposit on inner side of ur lower teeth)
How will cleaning help you?
For patients it is stoppage of bleeding gums and foul smell. But doctors advice cleaning as more of a preventive treatment rather than curative treatment. Cleaning of teeth will prevent inflammation of gums ( hence no bleeding gums) and bone loss (hence preventing loosening of teeth)
Is cleaning painful?
it cannot be termed painful. U can say causing a bit discomfort but easily bearable by all.
What to expect after u have undergone cleaning of teeth?
1. No bleeding gums
2. Considerable reduction In foul smell
3. U will feel mouth is much lighter
On the downside u will feel
1. Spacing in between ur teeth has increased ( it is not actually the spacing that has increased, but removal of tartar in between ur teeth gives u the feeling that gap has increased)
2.Teeth become sensitive ( it is because a lot of tartar is removed which leaves ur root of teeth exposed to oral cavity. It usually subsides gradually within 15 days)
3. Inner surface of ur lower teeth are rough. ( it is because tartar may not be completely removed from those surfaces. Roughness is felt for 2-3 days only)
4.Lower front four and upper two teeth are sensitive while cleaning of teeth ( it is because those teeth are relatively smaller and less thickness of enamel. Hence vibrations are felt in dentin and hence sensitivity)
As a dentist I would advice to undergo cleaning every 6 monthly.
If not 6 monthly then
1. Whenever u spot yellowish white deposits on inner side of ur lower front teeth
2 . If u Hv bleeding gums
3. If u Hv smelly mouth
4. If u Hv gum problems.
5. If u feel ur teeth are loosening.
Remember it is a preventive treatment. More u neglect , more irreparable damage it causes.
Hope it was helpful . Good day
From last five days she is suffering from big mouth ulcers. Ulcers in her mouth are big compared to normally a one have ulcers in mouths. She can't even eat anything now so what to do now doctor please help.
Bad breath, also known as halitosis, can occur due to a multitude of reasons and is quite disconcerting. Chewing gum, using breath mints and mouthwash are just temporary solutions as they do not address the problem. Read on more to find all about the different causes, symptoms of bad breath and also about their prevention.
- Food: If food particles, which are stuck in and around your teeth start decaying, they promote bacterial growth, which causes a foul odor in the mouth. Eating certain foods, such as spices, onion and garlic also cause foul odor.
- Tobacco products: Smoking and chewing tobacco not only causes gum disease, but also causes a foul odor to be present, thus causing bad breath.
- Poor dental hygiene: If you do not brush daily, food particles in your mouth get stuck in your mouth between the teeth in particular, which decay and cause bad breath. A form of bacteria known as plaque forms over the teeth, which over time decays teeth and also causes foul breath.
- Dry mouth: A medical condition known as dry mouth, also known as xerostomia can contribute to bad breath as in this condition; the amount saliva produced from the salivary glands is reduced. This results in the growth of bacteria, which causes bad breath.
- Medications: Some medications can cause foul breath in an indirect manner as they cause dry mouth as a side effect, which in turn causes bad breath. Other medications break down in your body and the chemicals, which the medicine contains can be carried on your breath.
Dentists would usually rate the odor from your mouth either by smelling or by using certain sophisticated odor detectors. The back of the tongue is often the source of smell and the dentist is also likely to scrape the region and rate its odor.
- Maintaining oral hygiene: If the bad breath is due to the formation of plaque, brushing and flossing on a regular basis will prevent its growth, thus reducing or eliminating bad breath. Using mouthwashes also kills bacteria, hence eliminating the bad breath causing bacteria from your mouth.
- Treatment of dental disease: Gum disease can also cause bad breath as in this disease, the gums pull away from the teeth, which gives scope for bacterial growth causing bad breath. Treating gum disease, thus would also eliminate the scope for bacterial growth and eliminate bad breath at the same time.