Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Chennai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Pregnancy and related Disorder
Treatment of Irregular Periods
Management of Pregnancy
Treatment of Ovarian Cysts
Management of Pregnancy Query
Management of Abortion
Treatment of Painful Periods
Avoiding Pregnancy Procedures
Treatment of Painful Sexual Intercourse
Treatment of Heavy Periods
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Treatment of Breast Pain
Treatment of Vaginal Discharge
Treatment of Miscarriage
Treatment of Vaginal Itching
Treatment of Fertility
Treatment of Delayed Periods
Treatment of Vaginal Infection
Submit a review for Dr. B Kanchana DeviYour feedback matters!
I got married on 20 August 2016 but still I dint get pregnant why is that please help me. I want to get pregnant soon need hlp.
Hello mam/sir she had periods on 14 november of this month and we had unprotected sex on 17 november after 10 to 15 mint I give her unwanted 72 to and after 22 november she is bleeding and now before todays ago she had STOMACHACHE what should she do. Is there any chances to get pregnant.
Sir I do sex with my gf after 2-3 days of periods is she may be pregnant or not. And how many days after periods she become able to become pregnant please ans me.
I'm pcos patient my reports are given in my documents. Currently I'm not taking any medication. From last few months I'm having frequent need to urinate as well as bloating and constipation sometimes. As these are also few symptoms of ovarian cancer I'm concerned about it. Is it possible to have such problem as my hormonal imbalance is much higher than regular?
Spondyloarthritis (also known as spondyloarthropathy) is the term which describes the connective tissue diseases. It is the group of inflammatory diseases, including arthritis of the peripheral joints and spine (sacroiliitis or spondylitis); including the area where ligaments and tendons attach to bones (enthesitis or enthesopathy). These diseases cause pain or stiffness in the leg or arm joints, spine, ligaments and tendons become inflamed. Skin rashes, eye, and intestinal problems may also be able to occur.￼
- Spondyloarthritis is a pathology that specifically strikes young people. The symptoms most frequently start before the age of 45. It affects more males than females.
- Predisposition to spondyloarthritis, especially spa, is determined largely by genetic factors.
- The incidence rate is higher in populations with a higher prevalence of hla-b27.
- Psoriatic skin lesions and colitis due to inflammatory bowel disease (ibd) have been considered as both basic, subtype-defining entities with their own genetic background (distinct from hla-b27 genotype), and as manifestations of spondyloarthritis.
- There is a strong need to diagnose patients with spa in an earlier stage; currently, there is a delay of 5–10 years between onset of the first symptoms and diagnosis.
There are five types of spondyloarthritis
Ankylosing spondylitis or bechterew disease: it is the type of arthritis that affects the spine. Symptoms include pain and stiffness in the lower back and in the neck. Spine bones fuse together and it will become rigid spine and it leads to stoope over posture.
￼Psoriatic arthritis: psoriatic arthritis is the form of arthritis that affects the people who have psoriasis. Most people diagnosed with psoriasis and later diagnosed with psoriatic arthritis. It may affect any part of the body such as fingertips and spine. The main symptoms are joint pain, stiffness, and swelling.
Reactive arthritis: it occurs due to the infection by certain bacteria. Often the bacteria’s from genitals (chlamydia trachomatis) or bowel (campylobacter, salmonella, shigella, and yersinia). It usually targets your knees and joints of ankles or feet.
Undifferentiated arthritis: undifferentiated inflammatory arthritis does not conform to any of the recognized inflammatory arthritis types. It may include monoarthritis of a single joint; oligoarthritis, which is usually when four or fewer joints are involved; or polyarthritis, which usually involves many small joints.
Risk factors may be higher due to following reasons:
- Family member having the gene which causes spondyloarthritis
- Positive results for the hla-b27 gene
- Recurring bacterial infection in your gut
- Have other inflammatory conditions such as psoriasis or inflammatory bowel disease
- The main cause is not known, but researchers pointed out that the hereditary genetics playing an important role in this disease. Since this disease occurs often in family members of patients who have spondyloarthritis.
- Many genes cause it. Up to 30 genes have been found. But the major gene that causes spondyloarthritis is hla-b27.
- Bacterial infections can also cause reactive spondyloarthritis known to be triggered by a bacteria chlamydia or food borne infections.
Symptoms and complications of spondyloarthritis
The first and major symptoms of all types of spondyloarthritis are severe low back pain, swelling of arms, stiffness, and fatigue. The different types of spondyloarthritis can be manifested by the following signs and symptoms.
- Alternative or unilateral buttock pain
- Arthritis in small joints
- Arthritis in large joints such as knee joint, ankle joint and elbow joint (peripheral arthritis)
- Numbness and tingling sensation in arms and legs
- Spinal fusion may occur in ankylosing spondylitis
- Inflammation at the interfaces between bone and tendon or ligament of limbs (enthesitis)
- Inflammation of intestine, urinary tract and aortic heart valves. These can lead to spinal joints inflammation.
- Inflammation of joints in pelvis and spine (sacroiliitis)
- Enteropathic arthritis shows symptoms such as diarrhea and abdominal pain
- Digestive problems
- Skin disease like psoriasis
- Redness of eye (iritis)
- Swollen fingers and
- Pain in the heels cause difficult to walk, stand even for small duration
Diagnosis and testing
First a doctor may ask for patient’s medical history, physical exam and may suspects for symptoms of spondyloarthritis. To confirm doctor may perform the following diagnosis and tests.
- X-rays: x-ray images shows the change of the sacroiliac joints in the pelvis and fusion of spine. If these changes not observed, but symptoms shows spondyloarthritis doctor will suggest mri scan. Mri shows these changes more promptly than the x-ray.
- Mri scans: it can show a very clear image of enthesitis and also the changes of sacroiliac joints.
- Ct scans: ct also used for the imaging of bone joints.
- Hla-b27: most patients with spondyloarthritis have hla-b27 gene, but some people don’t have this gene. So it is necessary to go for a hla-b27 test if the symptoms suspects spondyloarthritis.
- Complete blood count (cbc): cbc can be useful to find the inflammation.
- Musculoskeletal ultrasound scanning: ultrasound imaging uses sound waves to produce the images of inflammatory conditions of muscles, ligaments, and tendons.
- Dual-energy x-ray absorptiometry (dexa) scans: used for measuring the bone mineral density usually the bones of the lower spine and hips. Bone loss is measured through this technique.
Treatment of spondyloarthritis.
- There is no way to cure this disease condition, but there are treatments to counterparts the symptoms.
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs: certain nsaid’s like naproxen, ibuprofen, meloxicam, or indomethacin are prescribed by doctors to relief from the pain due to symptoms.
- Corticosteroid medication: inflammation around the tendons and in the joints can be overcome by taking some corticosteroid drugs. This helps to reduce the swelling in the joints.
- Antibiotics: antibiotics can be used in the case of reactive spondyloarthritis in which bacteria cause the major problems.
- Disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs (dmard’s): sulfasalazine (azulfidine) and methotrexate are the best dmard’s to be used for the joint damages in limbs affected by arthritis.
- Tumor necrosis alpha (tnf-alpha) blockers: fda approved tnab are adalimumab (humira), adalimumab-atto (amjevita), a biosimilar to humira, certolizumab pegol (cimzia), etanercept (enbrel), etanercept-szzs (ereizi), a biosimilar to enbrel, golimumab (simponi), infliximab (remicade), infliximab-dyyb (inflectra), a biosimilar to remicade, and secukinimab (cosentyx). These are biosimilars used to treat arthritis in spine joints.
- Surgery: patients with over inflammation of pelvis joints needs hip replacement. In the case of heavy damage in the cartilage of joints needs surgery to repair. In some rare cases, spinal surgery also needed.
Prevention and control measures
- Prevention from spondyloarthritis needed some lifestyle changes as follows.
- Quit smoking: smoking speeds up the spinal fusion in addition to other bad health effects.
- Follow good posture: practicing a proper sitting and posture makes your spine to escape from growing into slumped-over position and strain.
- Daily physical exercise: frequent home exercise and physiotherapy is essential to reduce the stiffening of spine and other joint problems. It also helps to have your heart healthy.
- Good diet: follow the diets that are rich in calcium. Dairy products are preferred foe calcium rich foods.
To keep our body functioning, we need different types of nutrients from our diet. These nutrients are mainly classified into two types: 1. Macro nutrients 2. Micronutrients
Macronutrients are the nutrients which are required in large amounts and micro nutrients are required in smaller quantities.
1. Carbohydrates: Carbohydrates are the main source of energy in our body. Starch, fructose, glucose etc are examples of different carbohydrates. The sources of carbohydrates are grains, bread, fruits, and starchy vegetables.
2. Proteins: Proteins, also known as body building blocks, are essential for repair and maintenance different tissues like bones and muscles. Pulses, meat and eggs are the sources of proteins.
3. Fats: Fats are of two types, saturated and unsaturated. Saturated fats are synthesized in our body thus we need not to obtain it from external sources. Excess intake of saturated fats result in many health problems like high BP, high cholesterol, heart problems, obesity etc. Unsaturated fats, also called essential fats, are not produced in body and thus have to be included in our diet. Unsaturated fats are available in plant sources and some types of fishes.
4. Water: Our body is about 70% of water. We need water for different functions like metabolism, transportation etc.
1. Vitamins: Vitamins are vital amino acids. They are of two types: Fat soluble and water soluble. Fat soluble vitamins (A, D, E, and K) can be stored in the body with the fat reserves. Water soluble vitamins (B complex and C) are lost easily with the body fluids and must be replenished on regular basis.
2. Minerals: They are the essential chemicals required in very small quantities for very vital body functions. They assist in our body’s metabolic system. Calcium, potassium, iron, zinc etc are the examples of minerals which can be obtained from different food and supplements.
3. Fibers: Fibers are indigestible nutrients present in mainly plant based food. Fiber rich diet prevents constipation and improves bowel movements. It also helps in reducing bad cholesterol and diabetes.
Fruits and vegetables are sources of micronutrients.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
I always get my periods late. Like this time also the dates were of 6th and today its 14th. What is the main reason behind this except stress. And how to treat it?
Meri wife k haath or pair me sansnaht hoti h or sun ho jate h. Pain b hota h. Fingurs me pain hota. Or apne aap normal ho jaate h. Ye achnk hi hota h. Ye last 1-1. 5 month se ho rha h. Hmari saadi ko 3. 5yrs. Ho gye. Baby concive nhi hua. Report normal h. Haat pair ki problm abhi suru hui h. Kaam me nhi lgta. Thoda wait b bdha h. Sir please help me.
It may happen sometimes that you suffer from an undiagnosed medical condition in spite of appearing healthy outwardly. However, your body gives you constant warning signs to indicate that something is wrong with your health. Here are some signs which may be early symptoms of some severe health issues and should not be ignored.
1. Sudden weight loss - If you are not suffering from obesity and you have lost excessive weight in the past 6 months you need to consult your doctor. This sudden drop in weight can be caused by underlying conditions like hyperthyroidism, liver disease, cancer or diabetes, interfering with the way your body absorbs nutrients.
2. Persistent high body temperature - Persistent fever can ring an alarm indicating an underlying cause like UTI or tuberculosis. Lymphomas, which are cancerous, may also be responsible for this persistent fever. If your temperature continues to be 103 F or more or if you continue to have fever for more than 3 days you should consult a doctor immediately.
3. Difficulty in breathing - If your breath is short it can be due to a hidden health problem. Extreme temperatures, obesity, and strenuous exercises are mainly responsible for this shortness of breath. However, if these are not the causes of your breathlessness, you might be suffering from bronchitis, asthma, the blood clot in the lung, pneumonia or any other heart or lung diseases.
4. Bowel incontinence - If you notice unexplained changes in your bladder movement such as blackish stool with blood spots, prolonged constipation and frequent urge to have a bowel movement you should consult your doctor. This sudden change in bowel habits can be caused by a bacterial or viral infection.
5. Personality changes - If you are experiencing deterioration in your thinking skills, have sudden behavior changes and face difficulty in focusing or shifting attention you might be suffering from some severe problem caused by an infection, mental health conditions, poor nutrition, and effect of certain medications.
Stomach ulcers are sores that develop in the stomach lining and the small intestine. They tend to form when the digestive juices in the stomach start to corrode the tissues of the stomach. A stomach ulcer is usually diagnosed using an endoscope, a fiber optic tube that is inserted into the throat. This device helps in viewing and identifying the ulcer. Stomach ulcers are easily cured, but they can become severe without proper treatment.
Certain factors and behaviors can put you at higher risk for developing stomach ulcers:
- Frequent use of steroids (such as those for treating asthma)
- Hypercalcemia (overproduction of calcium)
- Family history of stomach ulcers
- Being over 50 years old
- Excessive consumption of alcohol
- Symptoms of Stomach Ulcers-
The most common symptom is a burning sensation or pain in the area between your chest and belly button. Normally, the pain will be more intense when your stomach is empty and it can last for a few minutes or several hours.
Other common symptoms include:
- Dull pain in the stomach
- Weight loss
- Not wanting to eat because of pain
- Nausea or vomiting
- Burping or acid reflux
- Heartburn (burning sensation in the chest)
- Pain improves when you eat, drink, or take antacids
- Talk to your doctor if you experience symptoms of a stomach ulcer. Even though discomfort may be mild, ulcers can worsen if they aren’t treated.
Once the disorder has been diagnosed, the treatments are prescribed. For mild ulcers, medications are prescribed depending on the cause. For example – if the cause of the ulcer is a bacterial infection, then it can be treated with antibiotics. If medications do not help, then surgery may be required.
Initially, antacids may be administered that help in reducing the pain, but this measure only provides temporary relief. The aim of ulcer treatment is to reduce the quantity of acid in the stomach and strengthen the stomach lining. If the ulcer is due to a bacterial infection, then a triple therapy is generally used to treat the ulcer.
What is triple therapy?
The triple therapy is a combination of antibiotics and a proton pump inhibitor that is used in the treatment of ulcer. If medications fail to work, then surgical treatment may be required. In case of ulcer hemorrhage, the source is identified and then treated accordingly. Surgery can also help in reducing excess acid secretion by the stomach. Avoid intake of too much iron supplements as it can cause irritation to the stomach lining. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gastroenterologist.
I am suffering from the irregular period problem and I have to face the unbearable pain at that time. Ma'am, what should I do?
I am 20 weeks pregnant & my amniotic fluid index is very low i.e 58 mm. My AFI is 65 mm on 11 may & Dr. Suggested for hermin .I have taken drip of 3 doses of Hermin on 11,13 & 15 may. But my AFI reduces 65 mm to 58 mm. Please suggest what should I do?
Once we had intercourse 6 times a day. She had severe abdominal pain.In 24 hrs how many times it s healthy to have sex? What are the other ways of protection except condom. Give me options?
Few days ago a patient reported pain in the bottom of his foot. He described it as feeling like his foot was ripping apart during the first few steps out of bed in the morning. During the day it seemed to get a bit better but never totally gone. He had a list of other symptoms and wanted to do whatever he could to get rid of the pain. Finally patient was diagnosed with plantar fasciitis and decided to treat with cupping therapy.
After the two sessions, he reported good improvement in his foot pain and leg muscle tightness. And now he is able to get out of bed and walk almost normally.
I believe that cupping is so much effective at removing inflammation, that it was key in treating his plantar fasciitis.
Mera periods regular ni aata hai kyun? Mjhe thyroid ka v prblm hai Maine test v krwaya aur result 5.48 hai.
Hi doctor please suggest me foods I must not eat during in early pregnancy in order not to take risk further please Fruits vegetables what I must not have is ginger and coconut harmful.
My age is20. I have sex and have pregnant for 1 month. First I am not married. I want to remove my pregnant. Please help and tell me by any tablets or capsule.
2. Intake of Junk Food
3.Lack of Exercise
Eating nutrient rich but low fat Diet helps in solving major problems.