Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Athul
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. AthulYour feedback matters!
I have pain in teeth on backward side of my mouth. And its fully swelling day by day. What should I do? Pls suggest me.
My daughter frequently suffering from mouth ulcers. She is 18 years and prefers Chinese foods like fried rice, noodles veg manchurian etc. How to cure it? what medicines shall she take to not to reoccur mouth ulcers?
I am 22 year old. I am suffering from tooth gum pain last one day. I am using Colgate active salt toothpaste were it is not so effective. Can anyone sugest me good medicine and toothpaste for this problem.
I have pimples with pus in (prickly heat) hand, head, teeth. Problem occurs in every summer. Please advice some treatment.
What is Gingivitis?
Gingivitis — an inflammation of the gums — is the initial stage of gum disease and the easiest to treat. The direct cause of gingivitis is plaque - the soft, sticky, colorless film of bacteria that forms constantly on the teeth and gums.
If the plaque is not removed by daily brushing and flossing, it produces toxins (poisons) that can irritate the gum tissue, causing gingivitis. At this early stage in gum disease, damage can be reversed, since the bone and connective tissue that hold the teeth in place are not yet affected. Left untreated, however, gingivitis can become periodontitis and cause permanent damage to your teeth and jaw.
Early stage of GingivitisGingivitis.
How do I Know if I Have Gingivitis?
Classic signs and symptoms of gingivitis include red, swollen, tender gums that may bleed when you brush. Another sign of gum disease is gums that have receded or pulled away from your teeth, giving your teeth an elongated appearance. Gum disease can cause pockets to form between the teeth and gums, where plaque and food debris collect. Some people may experience recurring bad breath or a bad taste in their mouth, even if the disease is not advanced.
How can I Prevent Gingivitis?
Good oral hygiene is essential. Professional cleanings are also extremely important because once plaque has hardened and built up, or become tartar, only a dentist or dental hygienist can remove it.
You can help stop gingivitis before it develops by:
Proper brushing and flossing to remove plaque and debris and control tartar buildup
Eating right to ensure proper nutrition for your jawbone and teeth
Avoiding cigarettes and other forms of tobacco
Scheduling regular checkups with your dentist
I am having pain in my upper jaws from last 1 week. It is especially during yawning, otherwise I don't feel the pain. Even I am not able to open my mouth completely because of that pain. The pain is just next to the middle of my right ear and to an extend I can make out that the pain is not due to any infection in my teeth or any ear problem. What should I do to get rid of this pain?
Thrill to fill
3-dimensional obturation/filling in root canal treatment (RCT)
Root canals are now painless, faster and more accurate with latest rotary devices and 3 dimension filling system. Least failure and better prognosis of the tooth.
Why remove when we can save?
There is a myth among all people that a dentist is confined to 32 teeth and he doesn’t know other medical knowledge but I want to share some points with you:
- Dentistry is a specialty which involves oral cavity and surrounding structures (similar to skin, ent, etc)
- It doesn’t deal only with 32 teeth
- A dentist is a surgeon
- A dentist deals with all the diseases with oral manifestations
- No other speciality in medicine has been further divided into specialities
- A dentist is an anaesthetist (he gives anesthesia for many procedures)
- A dentist is a radiographer (he takes the x-ray of his patients himself)
- A dentist is a children’s specialist (he is the only surgeon who can make children to sit for a surgery without general anesthesia)
- A dentist deals with oral cancer (he knows to take biopsy. Oral cancer tops the various other cancers which occur in humans)
- A dentist is an bone specialist he deals with double joint i. E temporomandibular joint which is only one double joint in the body
- A dentist deals with trigeminal neuralgia so a neurologist
- A dentist knows the aids symptoms which manifest mainly in oral cavity
- As a surgeon he knows how to control bp and sugar so a diabetologist
- He makes smiles and helps to make love
Happy dentists day to all my dentist friends!