Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
I had sex on 12th. I checked, I was bleeding. I thought it might be due to the sex. I checked the next day l bleed a bit at night. I thought I'm having my periods but whole day I didn't bleed. Now I again bleed a bit at night and bleed the whole day. I had my periods recently on 28th of may. I'm confused because if it's period why I'm not having it continuously. Please help me.
Hi doctor mine question is I have pcod before 6 months 3 months over for taking ayurvedic medicines then 2 months came periods regular. Weight also I reduced little but this time 2 days late 4 days over only white sticky and watery discharge and back pain so I'm pregnant?
My female partner has very much pain during intercourse . Every time we do it she is in pain . I have used lubricants pn no effect . So what should I do to reduce her pain and give her pleasure.
M 20 and my gf 18 and few days back we had an unprotected sex and she has a problem of irregular periods and now her periods got missed, is she pregnant? How could we make it sure.
Health benefits of Ragi:
Maintains bone health:
Ragi is the richest source of calcium among plant foods. Calcium along with vitamin d help strengthen bones. It is an excellent source of natural calcium for children and aging people. It helps in the development of bones in growing children and in the maintenance of bone health in adults. Thus, ragi helps keep bone problems at bay and could reduce the risk of fractures as well.
Aids weight loss:
Ragi contains an amino acid, tryptophan which reduces appetite. It has a much higher amount of dietary fiber compared to white rice and other grains. It is also a low-fat cereal and most of the fats are in the unsaturated form. This makes it the best choice in grains for people trying to lose weight. The bulkiness of the fibers and the slower digestion rate makes one feel fuller on fewer calories and therefore helps prevent excess caloric consumption.
Lowers high cholesterol levels:
Ragi contains amino acids lecithin and methionine which help bring down cholesterol levels by eliminating excess fat from the liver. Finger millet also contains the amino acid threonine which hinders fat formation in the liver and helps bring down the cholesterol levels. The high fiber content of ragi also helps manage cholesterol problems.
Help in anemia:
Ragi is an excellent plant source of natural iron. Its consumption helps in anemia. Vitamin c increases iron absorption. Sprouted ragi develops vitamin c in the process of sprouting, therefore, the iron in ragi becomes more bioavailable when consumed as sprouted ragi flour or ragi malt.
Reduces diabetes risk:
Due to the high polyphenol and dietary fiber content in finger millet, regular consumption is known to reduce the risk of diabetes mellitus and gastrointestinal tract disorders. According to a research finger millet based diets help diabetics as they contain higher amounts of fiber over other cereals and millets. Diets based on whole finger millet have a lower glycemic response i. E. Lower ability to increase blood sugar level. This has been attributed to the presence of certain factors in ragi flour which lower digestibility and absorption of starch.
Ragi - best food for diabetic
Helps in relaxation: one amazing benefit of ragi is that it helps in relaxing the body naturally. It is found to be beneficial in conditions of anxiety, depression, migraine and insomnia.
Source of essential amino acids:
Ragi is rich in amino acids vital for the body. Finger millet contains amino acids namely tryptophan, threonine, valine, isoleucine, and methionoine. Isoleucine helps in muscle repair, blood formation, bone formation and improves skin health. Valine is an essential amino acid which facilitates metabolism and repair of body tissues. Another essential amino acid, not found in most cereals, is methionine. It is found in ragi and therefore makes it a complete protein food, unlike other cereals and millets. The amino acid methionine is useful in various body processes, helps in eliminating fat from the body, and is the main provider of sulfur in the body. Sulfur is essential for the production of glutathione which is the body's natural and most important antioxidant.
Ragi food preparations
Finger millet is normally consumed in the form of flour-based foods such as roti (unleavened pancake), mudde (stiff porridge/dumpling) and ambli (thin porridge). Ragi can be used to make porridge, upma, cakes, and biscuits. Ragi flour is used to make various Indian preparations like dosas, idlis, and ladoos.
'puttu' is a traditional breakfast of Kerala, usually made with rice powder together with coconut and steamed in a cylindrical steamer. The same preparation is also made with ragi powder, which makes it more nutritious
Multigrain flour preparation by combining wheat and finger millet in the ratio of 7: 3 (wheat: finger millet) is one of the simplest ways of incorporating ragi in the daily diet as no Indian meal is complete without the Indian style bread or roti. In the proposed blend, though the gluten content is reduced significantly, the making of chapatti is not much affected. However, the color turns a little dark. Fortification of finger millet in chapattis is very helpful in controlling glucose levels in diabetic patients efficiently.
Malted ragi grains are ground and consumed, mixed with milk, boiled water or yogurt. In southern parts of India, it is the recommended food, by doctors, for infants of six months and above because of its high nutritional content. Homemade ragi malt is one of the most popular infant foods till date.
Delicious ragi malt
Malting characteristics of finger millet are superior to other millets. On malting, the vitamin cis elaborated, phosphorus availability is increased, digestion is easier and amino acids are synthesized. In south India, the malted ragi flour is extensively used in the preparation of weaning foods, instant mixes and beverages.
Can I have intercourse without condom. N still avoid pregnancy? Is Dr. any medicine? And is Dr. any problem to have anal sex without condom?
Is it normal to bleed continuously for 12 weeks after normal delivery. Soon after delivery ultrasound was done, report had no issues. And 2 weeks ago I had tubectomy done.
Before married me and my gf 2 years ago During sex we used condom and after sex gf use the I pills every time. Now she is facing pregnancy issue Last few month she get pregnant but due to low growth Dr. suggest to abortion Now we are trying but can successfully. Is the effect of that tablet?
Hello sir, I am 40 years. Dry vagina pain during intercourse and burning itching always . Stomach pain after intercourse. Irregular periods. Mood swings and feeling very depressed. What should i do?
We are planning for a baby.in her last period ovulation was happened on 14th day ,since then period not came. Tested for pregnancy but result is negative. She is undergoing infertility treatment since 1 years due to pcos. She is taking hcg injections and since 9 months periods are regular and on 30 day only age used to get period. But this month till now periods not came. What would be the reason for delay. Ultrasound scan done results are negative. Is there any chances of pregnancy to wait for. Kindly suggest me why periods are delayed and chances of expecting pregnancy.
My wife age 35 and she is 38 week pregnant. Last period date 29 may 15. How much time to wait for conceive.
My periods is not coming and there is loss of appetite, pain at the right side of stomach and bleeding through my anal ,feeling week.
It is not just men who are worried about their performance in bed now-a-days, but women too worry about the same and our society too is changing and the men are more considerate about their partner's pleasure. Female orgasmic disorder (FOD) is now quite common in women of all ages and there are innumerable therapies that can treat this trouble efficiently. This trouble mainly leads to lowering of sexual desire, mainly due to lower production of testosterone. On the other hand, libido also gets decreased as a result of which lubrication gets hampered a lot.
Major therapies for treating FOD:
- Counselling therapy: This kind of therapy has currently gained popularity as a sex therapy. This therapy is useful among all and can offer optimized benefits in treating FOD. The root troubles of FOD can be easily and accurately detected by this therapy. Some commonest troubles are relationship issues, past abuse, depression, anxiety and other related ones. In this case, you have to visit any experienced counsellor who has specialization in conducting the concerned therapy.
- Hormonal replacement therapy: This is also quite a popular therapy that can help in increasing the sexual drive in females. This therapy is mainly conducted for increasing the efficiency of the sexual hormones in women so that they can take part in sexual interaction with their partners actively without any hindrances. Menopause symptoms can be completely eliminated using this therapy so that you can fully concentrate on your sexual desires. There are some specific medications that are used in this therapy so that hormonal efficiency can be boosted.
- Taking supplements: You can now take different kinds of organic or natural supplements that can increase your sexual drive and enhance your testosterone levels. Make sure that only herbal ingredients have been included in the supplements so that unwanted adverse effects can be easily curtailed and you can only get the real effects. Arginmax is a common supplement which is highly enriched with nutrients and thus your body will get all kinds of essential nutrients, especially amino acids that not only increase the sexual arousal but also the blood flow.
- Taking medications: Taking medications is also quite a good option, but only in case the medicines have been prescribed by certified doctors or sex therapists. Antidepressants can be used for getting rid of depression, which is one of the leading causes of reduced libido and sexual desire in women. Some of the most popular alternative medicines that can be used in this regard are Effexor, Serzone, BuSpar, Celexa and Wellbutrin. All these medicines have lower side-effects, and this is the reason doctors often recommend them. Viagra can also be treated as one of the most useful options as blood-flow can be increased by consuming the same.
The above mentioned therapies are now being treated as the leading options that can offer guaranteed results in increasing women's sexual desire.
hello team .plss suggest have just conceived last menses date 10 oct now no menses in d month of Nov only spotty blood on 7th oct earlier had an ectopic pregnancy in may removed one tube nd my gyne says wait for next 2 weeks for confirmation and ultrasound 2 times kar cchukii hh y she needs 2 weeks more for proper confirmation.
The fundamental principle of homeopathy is the Law of Similars or 'like cures like'. Homeopathy looks at the general health condition of the person and then prescribes remedies that can stimulate the body to function to its optimum capacity and this can naturally eliminate diseased cells and tissues from the body. The remedies stimulate the body's natural healing procedures without introducing chemicals to kill the disease.
Here are 5 reasons to switch to homeopathic medicine:
- It is an individualized treatment: A homeopathic practitioner evaluates the patient's overall health and discusses his problems and expectations before prescribing treatment. All the homeopathic remedies are made with the individual's specific climatic conditions, allergies, stress factors, food habits and lifestyle in mind. Homeopathy also optimizes the immune system and it is equally effective for physical and psychological disorders.
- There are no side effects: Homeopathic medicines are made from natural substances and so they are non-toxic and free from side effects. They are given to the patient in small doses and so, the healing approach is gentle and gradual. They can also be used by people of all ages and even those in delicate conditions like pregnancy, chronic diseases etc. Even if the wrong medicine is prescribed to the patient, it does not cause much harm to the body.
- Homeopathic medicines are easily accessible: Homeopathic remedies are available in most places as they are made directly from the abundant natural resources. There are also several alternatives to a medicine depending on the kinds of plants and minerals found in a particular region. Moreover, the medicines do not have an expiration date and can be stored for a long period of time if they are kept properly.
- The remedies are non-invasive: No homeopathic remedy involves surgical procedures or invasive techniques. So, there is absolutely no chance of infection or further complication. The medicines and therapies are also aimed at eliminating the root cause of the disorder instead of just providing temporary relief from the symptoms.
- Homeopathic medicines are not addictive: Once the disease is healed, the person can easily stop using the medicines since they have no addictive property. This is because the active ingredient is used in minute quantities in homeopathic medication. Hence, these remedies are also safe for infants, children, pregnant and breastfeeding women, aged people and people with addiction problems. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath and ask a free question.