Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
If a girl's periods started on 29th and she had unprotected sex on 5th. Is there any chance that she could be pregnant. Bcoz is think for the next 14 days there is very less chances of getting pregnant. please reply soon.
Me and my wife are planning for a baby. Both are working people. We did all the test and there is nothing abnormal. But when I try to do the intercourse not able to. Me penis is not getting sustained till the time it cums.
I am 27 years old, and have pcos. I have had my first miscarriage at the age of 19, then could, t get pregnant until 2012. Luckily I got a little beautiful princess, now 4 years thanks God for that. After her I had miscarriage at 9-10 weeks, then got pregnant with my son (pergo baby) everything was going well until week 19, went for ultrasound and he was diagnosed with Hydrops. We went for second opinion all the chromosome results came negative. I missed at 27th week and had stillbirth 1st jan 2015, the autopsy report said he had some heart defects. It was very devastating to miss him. After that got pregnant with pergotime (clomid) at 10 week found out that it was blighted ovum, had medical abortion at 12 weeks. After this nothing happened, and we went for Ivf and got two embryos fertilized but hcg came negative. After all these heartbreaking attempts I became naturally pregnant in september. I and my dear husband were very happy that God has blessed us with an other child. This was a beautiful surprise as my older daughter, but in 12th week the baby had Cystic Hygroma 5 mm. We went for amino. All the chromosome, blood tests came negative. The doctors can't find any heart og other organ defects. I need to go through fertility treatments and get a second opinion. Is there any hope for me. I need help, kindly if you know any one who is expert and has worked with such cases I would like to talk to them. Kind Regards.
Sir am 24 years old, married women. Yesterday during sexual intercourse with my husband, I got pain in my vagina and suddenly blood came from vagina. From that time till now am getting abdominal pain and lightly bleeding, why it happen like this am scared abt this, can you suggest any medication, sir or madam please ans for my question? i am ful scared about this please
I had my last menses on 24 July for four days the color of blood was brownish. I generally get my menses a day or two days before but I did not get it on 24 August on 25 August night I did heavy work so on 26 August morning I had some brownish discharge then in the afternoon I started to bleed heavily with severe cramps in my abdomen I did find clots but heavy red bleeding today is my third day still I am bleeding heavily may I know why such heavy bleeding is occurring.
Please tell me medicine about erectic dysfunction that does not effect my sperm count or motility. We r trying to conceiving for last two years. Every thing is ok in me nd my wife. Bcoz of tension sometime I cannot perform on evolution days (just for one or two days) otherwise ok. please tell me about medicine for dis condition that does not have any side effect on my sperm count or motility etc? Is megalis 20 is safe? Or please tell other medicine that I can use only one or two days (without any side effect on sperm)?
Dr. sir, my wife has a back pain and excess bleeding during periods ,whether their is fibroid in her uterus if yes what test shall confirm fibroid and medicines can be taken to eliminate the fibroid. She is also not conceiving. Shall be glad if reply me.
Following the same skin care routine year round may not work so well when the humidity drops. Without a change in your skin care, dry air can make fine lines and wrinkles more noticeable. Dry skin can itch, flake, crack, and even bleed.
To help heal dry skin and prevent its return, dermatologists recommend the following.
1. Prevent baths and showers from making dry skin worse. When your skin is dry, be sure to:
Close the bathroom door
Limit your time in the shower or bath to 5 or 10 minutes
Use warm rather than hot water
Wash with a gentle, fragrance-free cleanser
Apply enough cleanser to remove dirt and oil, but avoid using so much that you see a thick lather
Blot your skin gently dry with a towel
Slather on the moisturizer immediately after drying your skin
2. Apply moisturizer immediately after washing. Ointments, creams, and lotions (moisturizers) work by trapping existing moisture in your skin. To trap this much-needed moisture, you need to apply a moisturizer within few minutes of:
Drying off after a shower or bath
Washing your face or hands
3. Use an ointment or cream rather than a lotion. Ointments and creams are more effective and less irritating than lotions. Look for a cream or ointment that contains an oil such as olive oil or jojoba oil. Shea butter also works well. Other ingredients that help to soothe dry skin include lactic acid, urea, hyaluronic acid, dimethicone, glycerin, lanolin, mineral oil, and petrolatum.
Tip: Carry a non-greasy hand cream with you, and apply it after each hand washing. This will greatly help relieve dry skin.
4. Wear lip balm. Choose a lip balm that feels good on your lips. Some healing lip balms can irritate your lips. If your lips sting or tingle after you apply the lip balm, switch to one that does not cause this reaction.
5. Use only gentle, unscented skin care products. Some skin care products are too harsh for dry, sensitive skin. When your skin is dry, stop using:
Skin care products that contain alcohol, fragrance, retinoids, or alpha-hydroxy acid (AHA)
Avoiding these products will help your skin retain its natural oils.
6. Wear gloves. Our hands are often the first place we notice dry skin. You can reduce dry, raw skin by wearing gloves. Be sure to put gloves on before you:
Go outdoors in winter
Perform tasks that require you to get your hands wet
Get chemicals, greases, and other substances on your hands
7. Choose non-irritating clothes and laundry detergent. When our skin is dry and raw even clothes and laundry detergent can be irritating. To avoid this:
Wear cotton or silk under your clothing made of wool or another material that feels rough
Use laundry detergent labeled “hypoallergenic”
8. Stay warm without cozying up to a fireplace or other heat source. Sitting in front of an open flame or other heat source can dry your skin.
9. Add moisture to the air. Plug in a humidifier. If you can check your home heating system, find out if you have a humidifier on the system — and whether it’s working.
When to see a dermatologist
Your skin should start to feel better quickly. If these changes do not bring relief, you may want to see a dermatologist. Very dry skin can require a prescription ointment or cream. Dry skin also can be a sign of a skin condition that needs treatment. A dermatologist can examine your skin and explain what can help reduce your discomfort.
My periods have stopped 8-9 years ago. But now I get bluish discharge. Why is the colour of discharge blue? Which kind of disease is it?
Hi I am 23 years old from past few days I am facing right back side pain while passing stools though I am suffering from constipation. So please help me out .1 month back I went for an whole abdomen ECG done there report was all OK! Previous month I had my periods on 23rd but this month I still didn't got yet. Recently I haven't gone for any kind of intercourse. I have a gas problem too. For which I have to take pan d.
I am 43 year old diabetic patient from last 15 years. We have one child. Trying second child from last 5-6 years but not conceive because I have semen very low quantity and quality. hormones are normal. Please give best advise to me.
How should you approach pain caused due to sports injuries?
Sports injuries can happen to any person who engages in sporting activities. These affect full-time athletes as well as those who partake in sports and exercising on an occasional basis. Most sports injuries are acute and affect the muscles and skeletal system. Usually, they are not chronic unless caused by a grave accident or left untreated.
The most common types of injuries caused due to sports are as follows:
- ankle sprain
- wrist sprain
- knee injury
- tennis elbow
- hamstring pull
- cartilage damage
Treatment of sports injuries depends on a number of factors such as the type of injury, part of the body affected, the intensity of the pain, and the patient's age and medical history.
Accordingly, the most common ways of approaching the pain caused by sports injuries are:
1. Immediate remedies
Several quick aid, home remedies are used to treat pain that is caused by minor injuries to muscles, such as sprains and strains. It involves alleviation of pain through rest, using ice packs and hot water bags, wearing supports and elastic compression bandages.
Many medicines such as painkillers and anti-inflammatory pills, creams and sprays effectively reduce pain caused by sports injuries. In extreme cases, morphine and codeine are also prescribed.
3. Physical therapy
A number of injuries can be treated and cured through certain exercise and workout routines. These aim at stretching and strengthening the affected area to provide pain relief through increased flexibility and muscle activity.
Various substances and chemical compounds can be injected into the injured area which works on the affected ligaments, tendons, and cartilage to reduced inflammation and relieves pain.
5. Surgical procedures
If the injury is too severe and the pain too intense, the best option for treatment is surgery. This is generally resorted to in case of damage to the skeleton in the form of broken bones and cracked ribs.
Devising the exact treatment method requires a thorough examination of the injury. Diagnosis can only be provided after taking into consideration the many factors that affect treatment. The method of treatment varies from case to case and consequently, the recovery time also differs.
Tip: What Does Neck and Shoulder Pain Indicate?
Is it there any type of cutting of vaginal opening happens during the normal delivery to a woman?Please help sir .
I want to be pregnant please tell me my ovulation date. My last period was on 3rd July. please help.
What are Autoimmune Disorders?
It is a disorder of the immune system where the immune system can get ‘hyperactive’ or on the other end of the spectrum can become exceptional slow in its response to germs and bacterium, leaving the individual vulnerable to a host of infections and diseases.
When in ‘Hyper mode’ the body’s immune system starts producing antibodies (White Blood Cells) attacking and damaging the body’s own tissues (Red Blood Cells) beyond repair. Treatment of the Auto-Immune diseases generally focuses on reducing the activity levels of the immune system so as to let the Red Blood Cells multiply and heal the body to an extent.
Not all Auto Immune diseases are life threatening or terminal in nature. Some are even classified as “commonly occurring” disorders in the larger population. Examples of these would be –
1) Psoriasis – A Skin disorder where overactive immune system blood cells called T-cells collect in the skin. The immune system activity stimulates skin cells to replicate rapidly, producing layers of silvery scaly plaques on the skin. These often look like ‘Dandruff’ and can be seen all over the individual’s body, accompanied by severe itching and skin irritability. Psoriasis is often triggered due to stress and hormonal imbalances along with other environmental factors such as poor hygiene, inadequate diet, lack of sleep etc. Along with oral medication, lifestyle changes such as reducing stress at work or home, making sure one gets at least 8 hours of restful sleep per night and regular head and body massages are known to help reduce the severity of the problem to a great extent.
2) Rheumatoid Arthritis – The hyper immune system produces antibodies that attach themselves to the joint linings and then start to eat away at the cartilage and tissues causing swelling or inflammation and a sharp stabbing continuous pain. Oral medication along with gentle cardio (slow walking) and stretching exercise routines such as Yoga, Tai Chi and Pilates are known to have countered the ill-effects of this movement restricting disorder, to a large extent.
3) Aggravated Thyroid – An aggravated thyroid is a result of the excessive antibodies produced by an overactive immune system which attack the thyroid gland and slowly destroy the cells that produce the all-important thyroid hormone. Prolonged negligence or when left undetected for long, it often leads to Grave’s Disease (linked to hyperthyroidism) or Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis (linked to hypothyroidism.) The former can lead to weight-loss, bulging eyes, rapid heart-rate, and chronic fatigue while the later often causes sudden weight gain, depressed state of mind, dry skin and severe constipation. A good way to avoid diseases of the thyroid would be to maintain a healthy active lifestyle and a stable healthy body weight. It is also recommended that one goes in for regular preventive health check-ups for early detection of any thyroid related disorders.
A little can go a long way in limiting ill effects of autoimmune disorders.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.