Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ashok Narayanan
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Ashok NarayananYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from pain in my eyes and have fewer 102.4 right now yesterday it was 101.9 In night my feet start paining and burning What I have to do my blood sugar test and TSH is normal.
I use mobiles so much since 6-7 years before now. But I am feeling pain in the back of my neck. What should I do. Please advice.
My dad needs a cataract surgery for both eyes, age 57 years. I want to know the technology used and how much does it cost? Whats the repercussion of the surgery? Would he have any problem after that? He is presently using lens, would he need to use lens even after the surgery? We have consulted a specialist and dad has a scratch in his right cornea and a few spots in the left.
My eyes become red when I come in contact with dust, cell phone and more. I used lots of eyes drop but not get wright solution yet.
I am 21 years old. I have puffy eyes since a year having eye power presbyopia 3.75 in both the eyes. I use aloe vera eye mask but no results gained. Kindly help regarding this issue.
I am 19 years old and my eye vision is low and I use specs from last 9 years in bignig my specs no. Is -1.25 but with growing me my specs no. Is also increase and now it is -7 and in my eyes pain is also after study. Tell me the sol. Of this and also tells about the lasik laser and lenses (I use or not). Thank you.
Sir, I have eyesight for 7 years. Now the power is -8. I want to go through basic laser. Is there any problems after basic laser. Can anyone please tell me.
Nmste sir I want a nice body fit please Tell me sir my eyes is red in every week so I help me please Give me advice hair is week please .
LASIK is a corrective eye surgery that aims at repairing the vision impairment. It is known as laser in situ keratomileusis. This surgery is typically used to fix nearsightedness, farsightedness and even astigmatism.
So can this surgery help in removing your spectacles and giving you crystal clear vision? Let us find out!
- Definition: The LASIK procedure basically works towards reshaping the cornea, which is the clear portion that coats the eye. This is responsible for proper travel of light to the retina where it must focus in an appropriate manner so as to reach the back of eye.
- Corrective Technique: With its cornea reshaping technique, this procedure is effective in correcting vision and removing spectacles for at least 96% of the patients who go through this treatment.
- Convenient: The LASIK surgery is a highly convenient one that hardly creates any pain. Numbing drops are used to minimise the pain that may be felt during the procedure. Also, the time taken for the correction is very little with most procedures commencing within a day or two. Further, this procedure does not require any bandages or stitches and usually works with a powerful laser beam.
- Eyeglass Dependence Reduction: Most patients have a dramatic improvement in the quality of their vision and do not require glasses, while other patients usually have a reduced dependence on eyeglasses once the surgery is done.
- Preparing for the Surgery: To prepare for the surgery, it is imperative to meet and coordinate the details with the ophthalmologist who will examine your eye carefully and seek to determine the risk of any kind of side effect. Also, the doctor will ask specific questions regarding the medical history of the patient before conducting the surgery. As a part of the preparation, the doctor will also take measurements of the corneal thickness and other such factors like refraction, corneal mapping, pupil dilation and air pressure, so as to carry out the surgery in the most effective manner. Do not wear your contact lenses for at least three weeks before this evaluation so as to get the correct reading which will make the surgery much more effective due to the correct settings applied to the pulses.
- Procedure: During the procedure, an instrument known as a microkeratome laser will be used to lift the flap of the cornea which will be peeled back while the corneal tissue is reshaped. Then the cornea flap will be put back in its position.
Remember to be prepared for some amount of dryness in the eyes once the surgery is over. Talk to your doctor about other side effects.