Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Derma Roller Treatment
Hair Mesotherapy Treatment
Nail Surgery Procedures
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Facial Rejuvenation Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Line And Wrinkle Smoothing Procedures
Mole Removal Procedure
Mole Removal Surgery
Skin Polishing Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ashok Kumar TYour feedback matters!
I am female and an diabetes patient & take insulin Glargine injection (Mono component Insulin Glargine LANTUS) for sugar for the last 7 years through pen injection, 1 insulin per day at night after the dinner. I am also a heart patient. My problem is that due to one injection per day on leg several pimples have formed and now I am not understanding how to take now injection when pimples are more in number. I also have allergy with some vegetables. Thanks.
When I wake up in morning I find a small lumb at the back of my neck. Its not hurting Should I go for a check up or can wait.
I have itching in the genital parts or in pubic hair like under arm eyebrows nd mostly in legs and penis hair mostly I find a small types of insects which are adhesive with hair I am facing this problem from more than 1 year so what can I do. Which medicine should I take?
My hairs are falling from last 3-4 weeks please tell me solution for that when ever I move my hand on my hairs it falls down.
I am 35 years old and having some on my body with itching and pain during night and in the morning its get disappear. Pls help.
I am having my pimples from past few years but its never hurt me as much as it does now. Please tell me what should I do?
Dear doctor, I am 58 years old male. My skin is dry. Request you to advise what food should be taken. Lot of oil has to apply on the whole body. Please advise. Thanks sudesh kumar.
I am 40 year old man How to reduce hair falls and prevent dandruff. Last three months heavy hair falls complaints for me. Please doctor help me.
For e.g. I am losing hair quickly and hair tried all shampoos but not effect yet l am not sure what also can l do can you please help me with this?
I have heard about a skin whitening product named radiance instant skin brightener. Is this a good product? Any side effects? Please give me an advice.
Fungal skin diseases are brought about by various sorts of fungi and are the main reasons behind an irritated skin. Fungi attack and develop in dead keratin, a protein that makes up your skin, hair and nails. The various sorts of fungal diseases are caused by various groups of fungi. Some common fungal skin infections include ringworm, intertrigo, nail infections, Athlete’s foot, etc.
The likelihood of fungal infections increase in the following cases:
- If you are overweight
- Not drying your skin completely after a shower or wash
- Walking barefoot in shower and wet locations
- In case of a pregnancy
- If you have a weak immune system
- If you suffer from diabetes
- If you come into contact with a person or animal with fungal infections.
- Due to a recent course of antibiotics
Fungal rashes can at times be mistaken for other skin conditions, for example, psoriasis and eczema. Fungal skin diseases can bring about a number of skin rashes; some of them being red, textured and itchy. The organism can influence only one region, or a few zones of your body. In the event that you get a fungal disease of your scalp, you might lose some hair. There are steps which can be performed in order to protect yourself from getting a parasitic skin contamination:
- Dry your skin properly after a shower
- Try not to share hairbrushes, towels or combs since they might be carrying fungi
- In case a family member has been infected with scalp ringworm, hats, pillows, combs or scissors should be soaked using water and bleach
- Allow your shoes sufficient time to dry out by alternating them every two or three days
- In order to keep moisture away from the skin, wear loose clothes that are made of cotton or other breathable materials.
- Socks, bed linen and clothes should be washed regularly to prevent the growth of any fungi
- In communal and wet areas like saunas, swimming pools, showers, etc., wear clean plastic shoes or flip-flops.
- If you have diabetes, try to keep your blood sugar under control
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.