Find numerous Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. We will help you find the best Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons online in Chennai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Arvind Maharaj
Submit a review for Dr. Arvind MaharajYour feedback matters!
Blemish free skin, which is supple and radiant is everyone’s dream, however, there are certain lifestyle habits which can take a toll on your skin and affect it adversely.
Here are a few lifestyle habits which affect your skin:
Smoking can speed up the process of aging: Smoking can affect your skin adversely as it strips your skin of essential nutrients and oxidants. This leads to degradation of the basic units of the skin- collagen and elastin. The affected units also lead to uneven skin, appearance of fine lines and sagging. A study has also proven that smoking causes acne as the pores in your skin get blocked.
Stress: Stress has the power to cause major hormonal imbalances inside your body, which can affect your skin. Stress affects the skin’s barrier function which reduces its ability to absorb and retain moisture. Dehydrated skin looks dry and patchy and becomes flaky over time, leading to acne.
Sleep: Sleeping for less than 6 hours at night can make you feel sleepy and tired the next day. Your skin also deals with the lack of rest which is why the radiance is lost and can lead to problems such as under eye bags, dark circles and saggy skin.
- Poor nutrition: Poor nutrition which lacks in essential vitamins and minerals can cause serious problems in the skin. Including foods which are rich in vitamin C such as fruits lime, oranges and tomatoes and fatty fishes such as tuna, mackerel and salmons can help you retain radiant skin. Adding colourful fruits and vegetables to your diet will help you detoxify your skin and get acne free and supple skin.
Not applying sunscreen: Your job might require you to stay outdoors for long, which exposes your skin to the harmful UV-A and UV-B rays of the sun and dust particles. In such conditions, using sunscreens with SPF (Sun protection factor) 30 or above is a necessity as otherwise, the rays can penetrate into your skin, weaken the collagen cells and lead to pigmentation and tanning in the long run. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
I have pimples on my face I have tried various home made techniques but I have no result. My skin has also got tanned my cousin was also going through this conditions but after using Melacare cream his skin became all clear so shall I go for it?
Am Mounika am old 21 years am getting too much hair fall am using many oils BT no and my hair is very short please tell me something what should I do.
I am smoking weed for a while and my skin inside the shoulders I had rashes on the skin is there any symptoms for any disease. And caused by my habit of smoking weed.
I have an itchy and rough skin problem around my neck When evr I step out in sun in day time it begins to make a itching sensation. I live in a three region and temp goes very high here.
Pimples Bahut Hote Hai Jiske Nishan Ni Jate H. Jab Bhi Pimple Hote H Nishan Chhod Kar Jate H. Mera Colour Fair H Isliye Nishan Bhut Dark Dikte H. Me Chati Hu Ye Nishan Puri Trh? Hat Jaye Or Kv Pimples N Ho. Mere Face Pe Bahut Black Spots H. Me Es Problem Ko Permanentlly HAta Na Chahti Hu. Or Me Chahti Hu Ki Ye Nishan 1 Month Me Puri Trh Remove Ho Jaye Or Mere Face Ekdam Glowing And Clean Dikhe. Next Month Ghar Me Shadi Hai Isliye Me Es Problem Ko Jaldi Se Jaldi Solve Karna Chahti Hu.
- Do no harm! start by avoiding too many chemicals- dyes, colours, conditioners, spa treatments and styling products.
- Avoid styling and hair treatments. They make the hair brittle and dry. Avoid using hair straighteners, hair curlers and blow dryers on a regular basis.
- Pop proteins! our hair shaft is made up of protein so the best thing you can do is to include loads of protein rich food in the diet. These include milk, dairy products, meats, eggs, nuts, pulses and protein shakes.
- Stay hydrated. Drink loads of water, it not only improves growth but promotes healthy hair.
- Go green! fresh fruits, veggies and green leafy vegetables give all your trace vitamins and minerals like zinc and magnesium that are important for your hair.
- Include vitamin c in diet. Vitamin c helps to maintain hair strength and lustre. Good sources of vitamin c include oranges, lemons, amla and other citrus fruits.
- Iron is required for hair growth and hair lustre. Ask your family physician to prescribe you iron supplements if you have deficiency symptoms.
- The thumb rule is never to overwash your hair. Washing hair is necessary to remove dirt and grime, however, too much washing can strip the scalp of natural oils.
- Wash your hair once in three days to avoid dirt and sweat. This also minimises scalp infections.
- When washing your hair, avoid hot water as it can leave hair follicles open, encouraging breakage and hair fall.
- Use a shampoo and conditioner that suits your hair.
- Massaging your hair and scalp with oil is good for moisturisation and nourishment. It helps to keep the scalp healthy and well hydrated. Make sure you wash it off before you step outdoors.
- Hair is most susceptible to breakage when wet. So don't comb your hair roughly when wet.
- Do not rub vigorously with a towel after shower. This only encourages more breakage of hair.
- Use a wide tooth comb to detangle your hair after a wash. It reduces breakage.
- Refrain from tying your hair in tight pony tails or tight pigtails. This can lead to traction alopecia which is a type of hair loss.
- Though difficult to practise, it is important. Avoid stress and stressful conditions. Practise meditation techniques and yogaasana. This keeps your hair loss under control as also promotes overall health and well-being.
- Quit smoking as smoking causes reduced blood flow to the scalp which can hamper hair growth.
- Use hair packs containing coconut milk to promote hair growth.
- Natural homemade hair packs are good, however, another good option is a hair spa which includes deep moisturisation of hair. This prevents breakage and split ends.
- Lastly, if hairfall is severe under medical guidance, you can have medications such asminoxidil which stimulate hair growth.
- These simple tips are easy to follow and it is recommended to follow them regularly for easy results.