Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Aruna ChandrasekharanYour feedback matters!
I am a 62 years old, 10 days back done fistula operation and the biosis to the clinic and found colorectal cancer. We consulted with doctor and said that bipas s operation for motion for perament. Is there any other treatment?
I am 37 yrs old. I feel pain in my chest region which is not within but I feel on muscles on ribs. This I feel at four five different points on my chest. The pain is mild and I can't see any enlarged lymps. Nothing was visible in the x ray and ct scan. Only a lymph node of 6.9 mm seen in the ct scan which the doctor whom I consulted ruled out to be normal and told me for follow up check up after 3 months. I am afraid of getting ill for example I i have a chest pain I run to a doctor thinking of having a heart attack, if pain in a head I think it may result to a stroke and if pain in the neck I am afraid of a throat cancer and the pain in chest not surrounding the heat region think of a lymph node desease. I am compleately going mad because all of this. Please help.
Neck cancer refers to the formation of cancer cells in the throat or neck region of your body. Neck cancer is commonly seen in people above sixty years of age .But people above forty can also have the chances of getting neck cancer. Though the symptoms of neck cancer can vary from one person to the other,
Some of the common symptoms are stated as follows:
- Neck cancer affects the voice box, so a change in your voice can be noticed.
- Weight loss is also a symptom for neck cancer.
- A person suffering from neck cancer can also suffer from dysphagia or difficulty in swallowing.
- Sore throat in some cases can be considered as a symptom of neck cancer
- Bleeding from mouth or through your nose is also a common symptom for neck cancer.
- Ear pain in some cases is a symptom of neck cancer.
- Coughing persistently is also regarded as a symptom of neck cancer.
- Sometimes a lump in the neck is also noticed and it is usually painless.
- Some people also encounter breathing problem.
- In some cases a swelling of the neck, jaw or eyes can also be noticed.
Neck cancer involves certain risk factors too. Neck cancer can be treated in many ways. The following are few treatments available for neck cancer:
- Surgery: Your doctor can conduct a surgery for removing the tumors from your neck region. The doctor may decide to do either a microsurgery or laser treatment or endoscopy.
- Chemotherapy: If the tumor spreads to other regions or is large in size, then your doctor may recommend chemotherapy.
- Radiation: It is used to destroy the malignant cells. It is usually conducted after removing the tumor.
These three are the common treatments followed by doctors. Your doctor may also take help of other treatments like administering drugs to control the growth of cancer cells. But, sometimes treatments fail to work if the process of metastasis starts. So you should not ignore it, as soon as you encounter any of the symptoms stated above, visiting an oncologist is highly recommended.