Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Aruna ChandrasekharanYour feedback matters!
Hello my wife has pain in her breast in left side. Like muscle catch. When she lift anything from left hand she gets pain. And when she takes deep breath she gets pain. Only In left side below her Breast.
Please advise me what can do when I suffered from cancer and what are the symptoms of blood cancer? Please advise.
I am suffering from prostate 43cc enlarged in size in march 2014. Dr has given me medicine. At that time it was ok. Again got paining while urinating in march 2015. This time he has not taken u/s scan. But has prescribed medicenes. Used 20 days. But of no use. On 16th again he prescribed 1 taxon 200mg 2 contiflo 0. 4mg 3 syrup alkazide. 4. Leevit caps. And the dr asked me to come after 10/30 days to have torch light test in penis. Now I am feeling pain/irritation in penis while passing urine. There is no need in the nights to go for urine. Please give me your expert advise and help me.
My Mother is recently diagnosed by nasopharyngeal cancer. Stage I What are the possible treatment for this cancer Is surgery can be a better way.
Dear Sir/Madam, I want to know about the cancer and how could one avoid from cancer and what is prevention for the cancer?
Sir, my age 52 years I have prostate enlarged problem since 3 month, I consult urologist, He advised to take tab alfuzsion 10 mg, daily and review after 3 months, request for any treatment in ayurveda, or only in allopathy, pl suggest or after taking tab feel some better, or maybe in future avoid any operation, or can be cured by tab or any specific treatment in ayurveda, pl advice, regards.
How to avoid prostrate cancer and what are the major preventing steps to overcome from such disease.
My father has enlarged prostate and liver. He has the habit of alcohol and smoking. What might be the further complication.
Colon cancer refers to the uncontrolled growth of cancer cells in the region of your large intestine. It is often associated with rectal cancer and is termed as colorectal cancer, since the process of metastasis (a process through which cancer cells pass rapidly to the other organs of your body) is very rapid for this particular medical condition. Colon cancer is prevalent among both men and women irrespective of their age, but is generally noticed in people above forty years of age. Though the causes of colon cancer cannot be specifically identified, there are certain factors that can increase your chance of developing colon cancer.
The risk factors are mentioned below:
- Family history of colon cancer
- Chronic diseases of the intestine(like inflammation of intestine)
- A regular diet with low fibers but high calories
- Consuming high amount of alcohol
If you are diagnosed with colon cancer, you may show the following symptoms:
- Inconsistency of bowel movements. (diarrhea and constipation)
- Passage of blood through stool
- Pain in your abdominal region
- Sudden weight loss
- Body fatigue
Colon cancer can be fatal if not treated at an early stage. Ayurveda offers effective remedies for colon cancer. Some of the remedies are mentioned below:
- Drinking green tea can be very effective. Green tea has epigallocatechin (a Polyphenol used in different dietary supplements) which can destroy the formation of cancer cells.
- Consuming Aloe Vera is another useful technique. It cleans the digestive tract and colon region by removing harmful toxins and can thus help to cure cancer faster.
- Turmeric is also very potent in fighting cancer. It contains curcumins which can destroy the cancer cells formed in the colon region.
- Ashwagandha is known to have certain properties that can control the growth of cancer cells and is thus instrumental in treating colon cancer.
- The juice of garlic has certain medicinal properties that can combat the growth of cancer cells in your colon region. Intake of garlic juice can thus be very helpful.
Since colon cancer has limited survival rates, it is highly recommended for you to seek advice from an Ayurveda practitioner if you wish to get healed naturally.