Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. Arnab Kumar MukherjiYour feedback matters!
I just had a cystoscopy and it seems like I am headed for a TURP. My local urologist seems quite competent but I am wondering if I would do better with a large medical center perhaps equipped with robotic surgery like Da Vinci. Advice will be greatly appreciated.
I have dry congestion cough for the past two days. Have tried many home remedies but nothing worked. What should I do?
The inflammatory condition of your sinuses (marked by inflammation of your nasal cavities) caused due to viral, bacterial or fungal infection; any autoimmune disorders or allergic reaction is known as sinusitis. This condition is also referred to as 'rhinosinusitis' as nose inflammation occurs. Sinusitis can be either acute, sub-acute or chronic in nature. Acute sinusitis is generally caused due to the common cold and lasts not more than four weeks. Sub-acute sinusitis is more prolonged in nature and lasts for about eight weeks. Chronic sinusitis is more severe in nature and can last for up to twelve weeks or even more.
The most common symptoms of sinusitis are as follows:
- Severe headaches
- Nose blockage
- Release of yellowish green fluids from your nose.
- Difficulty in breathing
- Painful sensation in your eyes, ears and forehead.
- Post nasal discharge
- Frequent cough
- A sore throat
- Body fatigue
- Neck stiffness
- Tastelessness and anosmia (loss of smell)
The treatment methods available for sinusitis are as follows:
- Intake of painkillers like paracetamol can give you temporary relief from your aches. But consuming too much of these can cause side effects such as loss of appetite and drowsiness.
- Keep yourself hydrated by drinking about 2 to 3 liters of water every day and take proper rest.
- Steam inhalation can give you relief from nasal congestion.
- Using nasal sprays like Oxymetazoline can also give you temporary relief.
- Your doctor may advise you antibiotics like Amoxicillin in your sinusitis is chronic in nature.
- Immunotherapy helps to treat sinusitis if your sinusitis is caused due to allergic reactions.
- Your doctor may also recommend an endoscopic surgery of the sinus if your condition is found to be very severe. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ent Specialist.