Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. ArchanaYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from a Harmful rashes, I 've tried many things ,but nothing is changed, please suggest something.
Sir is there any possibility to get back to black hairs. My age is 22. N my hairs are turning white each day.
I am having pimples how to have a cure from pimples and blackspot as well tell me some medicines for these purposes.
I am 31years old my hair of head & beard turn in to grey also hair fall continues for stopping this hair fall I am used different types of shampoos, soaps & hair oils but nothing my problem is still unsolved. So please give some suggestions about it.
I am a 23 old female. I have hair growth issue. I don't have either hair fall or dandruff. But my hair is very thin and scalp is seen.
Hello Doctor, I'm 21 years old and still unable to get complete mustache and beard. Please suggest me what to do to grow my beard completely and fast.
I am suffering from bed sore from ten days. I need any good advice for relief from before. Any cream, medicines which will be support to curable for before.
Sir I am a student studying Microbiology. I have a problem of hair fall actually. Excess hair fall. Sir I am very tensed. Mere baal bahut Jyada gir rahe h. Itne ki. Haath lagate hi baalo i'm 10-12 baal aa Jate hain. Mere papa or dada I mean ye genetic h ye to pata h. lekin abhi se itna hairfall. please help.
Question for respected dermatologists. I have lost lots of my hair due to dandruff. But after using ketoconazole 2% my dandruff is under control. Now I am taking omega tablets which also includes biotin 5mg per capsule to gain my lost hair. Is it harmful to use omega tablets without prescription? These tablets are multi vitamins tablets too.
Nail fungus is a fungal infection that develops under the tip of the toenail or the fingernail. It has a whitish or yellowish appearance and as the condition progresses, it causes the affected area of the nail to thicken, discolor and crumble at the edges. Usually this condition does not require any treatment, but if it turns severe, then you may require treatment to limit it from spreading.
The symptoms of this disorder are:
1. The affected nail thickens
2. There can be distortion in the shape of the nail
3. The nail can become crumbly and ragged
4. Discolored nails that lose its natural shine
5. Accumulation of debris on the nail
The infected nail may also be separated from the nail bed, causing pain and a foul odor.
The condition is usually caused by the dermatophyte fungus. In some cases, molds and yeasts can also cause fungal infections. Fungi are microscopic organisms that have certain characteristics such as:
1. They can cause complications if your nails are often exposed to moist and warm conditions
2. They usually thrive in moist and warm conditions such as showers and swimming pools
3. These fungi get into the skin through small cuts on your skin
The fungus usually affects toenails because, when you wear shoes, a warm and moist environment is created which is the perfect breeding spot for the fungus. The factors that can increase your chances of getting affected by this fungal infection are
1. Heavy perspiration
2. Athlete’s foot (a condition which is characterized by rashes between the toenails)
3. Older people are affected more as blood circulation is reduced
4. Wearing socks for extended periods of time creates warm and a humid condition for the fungi to grow
5. Certain medical conditions such as diabetes
There are certain medications that are used to treat fungal infections:
- Oral anti fungal drugs: These medications help in getting rid of fungal infections.
- Nail creams: There are certain anti fungal nail creams available that you can apply on your nails to get rid of this condition.