Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. ArchanaYour feedback matters!
Our teeth play a very important role in the overall well-being, from appearance to nutrition to speech. Good oral and dental health is one of the most important aspects of overall health and well-being. From reducing infections to good overall nutrition, taking good care of dental health is has its rich dividends.
Taking care of teeth is not difficult, however. Inculcated early in life, these habits can become a routine and come with ease.
- Brushing: Brushing twice a day to remove the food deposits and keep the dental surfaces clean will go a long way in preserving your teeth. They will be healthy, free of decay and will be strong and will last longer. Learn the right technique of brushing from your dentist and practice to get a good hold on it. Improper brushing technique can do a lot of harm, causing wedges in the teeth called as abrasions. Hard bristles does not refer cleaner teeth. Soft bristles are easy on the tooth and are equally effective in cleaning. Make sure you change it once in two to three months or earlier if the bristles are flaring. The dentist can also suggest, if you need to use an electric toothbrush. Also, use a fluoridated or sensitivity toothpaste based on dentist’s recommendations.
- Flossing: While brushing will help you remove food deposits from the surface of the teeth, flossing or interdental brushing is essential to clean the spaces between the teeth. This area is less accessible for cleaning and therefore, can undergo decay when food gets lodged in this area. Daily flossing or using interdental brushes help keep this area clean and free of decay. This also helps in keeping the gums healthy, as food lodged in between teeth can be a constant source of irritation for the gums.
- Mouth rinse: After each meal, especially sticky or chewy foods, remember to rinse. If you cannot get a regular mouthwash, regular water is a good substitute. This will help remove off food deposits from the teeth and help reduce the incidence of decay.
- Food habits: Reduce in-between snacking, especially of sticky or chewy foods. Include sufficient fiber in your diet to have a natural cleansing effect on the teeth. After each sugary liquid or juice consumption, remember to rinse or wash it off with plain water.
- Dental visits: Visit your dentist once in 6 months for a regular check-up. If you are good at maintaining dental health, this visit may not last more than an hour, but in the long run, it will be definitely worth the time and effort.
Following these basic steps will ensure good oral health and go a long way in the overall well-being too.
I have done with my root cannel for front 2 teeth. And I want to fit braces. Is it harmful to have braces?
I spit a lot when I smoke is that a problem? if yes, what can it be? I am a 22 male smoking for 4 years now.
I am 48 years old. Please provide me treatment for teeth shaking in gum the last 2 month. After chewing food feeling pain in teeth Please suggest me the right medicine and also suggest me what is the cost of replacing the new teeth in place of old teeth.
Say me the best toothpaste available. As I eat more non veg daily and my friends say you are somewhat smelling.
Hi my teeth are breaking i guess they are brittle. Front teeth i went to the dentist he said may be it is deficiency of calcium what can i do. Shall i get my calcium tested and can there by any other reason for the same so that i an get tests in one go
I brush 2 times per day , and I am using mouth wash, but still the problem bad smell from mouth remains , what is the reason for that?
Aftr initial tooth decay in between the teeth wat will b the time required for severe infections dat requires a root canal treatment.
Implants can last up to 20 years if high quality solutions are purchased. This is much longer than standard dentures are able to last for. If you choose dentures, you may be forced to visit the dentist again and again to have your dentures renewed. If you do not look after your dentures properly, they can degrade quickly and become unusable.
Unlike dentures, dental implants sit in a fixed position in your mouth. Because they are often not permanent, dentures can rock or shift in position. This can make eating less comfortable, especially if you want to eat something which is crunchy or harder. Because they may be unstable, it can put unnatural and uneven pressures on some areas of your mouth. However, this is much less of a problem with dental implants, as they are fixed in position. Because they are fixed, you also don't have to worry about them falling out when talking or eating, which means that you can avoid some embarrassing situations.
Dental implants are often fitted with comfort in mind. Rather than transferring the force of chewing to your gums, as some dentures can do, implants transfer the force of chewing to your jaw bone. Natural teeth transfer the force to your jaw as well, so this is the most comfortable solution. Food is also much less likely to get trapped under these implants, due to the way that they are fitted into your jaw. This contrasts with removable dentures, which food often gets stuck underneath.
Wearing dentures can worsen receding gums and speed up the degradation of your jaw bone. Both of these things can lead to more serious health issues. On the other hand, dental implants reduce stress on your gums, so long as you maintain an appropriate oral healthcare routine. Scientists all believe that implants encourage bone stimulation and reduce bone decay in your jaw.
Many people who wear cheap dentures feel unconfident, especially talking or eating. This means that they often have a reduced quality of life, because they do not socialise as much as they would like to, or they do not visit the restaurants that they would like to visit. Good quality implants can give people the confidence to continue to live in the way that they want to live. By choosing implants rather than dentures, you are opening yourself up to a range of different possibilities.
I am a 21 year old male. I have a problem with my salivary glands. They over produce saliva one at a time. I mean if one gland over producing others works fine. After some time problem exchanges with other gland and this one goes normal. Why is this happening ?its started since 3 days back. Please answer me?
My son (age 7 Years) has teeth brittle issue. This I have noticed when he was around 3 years, but I thought he might have fell on the floor in my and wife's absence. Last week I have noticed the same issue with my little one who is 2 years and have some teeth. I am seeking for an expert opinion. An early reply would be much appreciated.
We kill them because of ignorance.
Visit your dentist once in a 6 month for routine check up