Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Anuradha MYour feedback matters!
I deal with severe period pain. Also, my legs shiver during the first day when the pain is at a huge amount.
I am suffering from the problem of smelly discharge. I want to conceive the baby now. Should I pregnant? My last periods time is 24 mar to 26 mar. With 28 days cycle. Now when will I try to conceive?
I am a 20 year old girl. I am having PCOD since last 2 years. I am fed-up of consuming the medicines every time and just want to get rid of this disease. Kindly suggest a permanent solution.
Aged 73 years, is a retired male living in Madurai, Tamilnadu. I am having the problem of passing urine.I am passing urine very little in day time and lot during nights. I have to getup every one and half or 2 hours. It disrups my sleep very much. I do not experience any pain whie pssing urine or otherwise.I will be glad to have your valuable adivise in this matter.
Once the reality of the positive pregnancy test sets in, dreaming about the yet-to-arrive begins. Curiosity about gender, options for names, ways to manage, shopping ideas, etc., begin to get discussed. And then totally out of the blue the news comes that there is a miscarriage. This is one of the most depressing phases. It is very important for the family to be around and support each other. While the entire family is upset and hurt over the news, the mother needs most care as there is just not emotional but a huge physical component also to the episode. On the other hand, remember that miscarriages are extremely common, and is no indication of a fertility issue.
The first step would be to diagnose and confirm the miscarriage. After that, depending on whether it was complete or incomplete, some medical intervention might be required. In most cases, medications like misoprostol are given to expel the uterine contents. These help by clearing out the contents in about a couple of days' time. In some cases, a D and C might be required if your doctor suspects that medication will not suffice. This also helps identify if there is any issue in the uterus that could have caused the miscarriage.
While the above takes care of the physical part, the emotional component also requires cautious management. Needless to say, this is trickier than the earlier one.
- Mourn to your heart's content - When you have nursed a life within you and have lost it, it is very normal to cry for its loss. There would be a mix of emotions - shock, denial, confusion, anger, grief, depression, etc. Take some solace from that fact that this is nature's way of removing unhealthy fetuses.
- Get someone to talk to - Need not be your husband, but anybody whom you can talk to without having to watch words. A sibling, a good friend, a close relative - your choice. Make sure you don't pick ones who will judge and sympathize with you. More than sympathy, you need someone understanding and knowledgeable.
- Socialize more - As you would have kept to yourself post your positive test, use this time to socialize more and meet friends whom you have not regularly been in touch with. Close family members, your children (if you already have), society groups, movie groups, etc., help to a great extent.
- Formal medical counseling: If you are not able to cope with your regular circle of family and friends, try seeking professional advice from counseling.
- Spirituality - Whether you believe in temple or churches, spend some time there. Involve in some religious activity if you would like, this helps very often.
As much as it is painful and traumatic, it is not very uncommon or unnatural. Get back on your feet, the sooner you do, the better.
In the month of January'16 and my wife had complain related to irregular periods and one of the gaeno prescribed her Ovipauz L to take. She has been taking the same since last two months and this weekend I had her weight check and found she lost 10 Kgs of weight since she started taking it. I have asked her not to take ovipauz and put her on 15 days monitoring period to check whether she gains some kilos or not and also put on high carb, fat diet including banana, milk etc.
My mom has burning sensation in her palms and feet, since last 2-3 weeks, she has been taking paracetamol as per doctor's advice, i've researched on the internet and doctors say its a case of nerve damage, can any doctor explain me in clear what exactly this could be, and what are the tests we can perform to analyze this problem.
I got married in dec 2014. We tried for a baby for the first time in jan. 2017. I got pregnant But I suffered miscarriage in feb 2017. Our doctor suggested us to take a 3 months break. Now we trying for conceiving. Since trying for baby I feel mild lower abdomen pain and lower back pain nowadays. If I can conceive successfully this time how can I prevent miscarriage? My lower abdomen gets bloated and I feel as if I will have period this time. Suggest me something as I am confused about conception. I have a problem of skin dryness and my palms and feet are dried and there is a problem of itching and inflammation on it. Will it affect my chances of getting pregnant?
I am 23 year old girl and I have problem in my uterus. 2 days ago. I have sine my ultrasound test in which polycystic appearance in both ovaries shown and ESR is 11 mm and symptoms are weight increasing, dark patches on face and white water.
1. Lowers cholesterol
#papaya is rich in fibre, #vitaminc and antioxidants which prevent cholesterol build up in your arteries. Too much cholesterol build-up can lead to several heart diseases including heart attack and hypertension.
2. Helps in weight loss
Those looking to lose weight must include papaya in their diet as it is very low in #calories. The fibre content in papaya leaves you feeling full and also clears your bowel movement making your weight loss regime easier.
3. Boosts your immunity
Your immunity system acts as a shield against various infections that can make you really sick. A single papaya contains more than 200% of your daily requirement of vitamin c, making it great for your immunity.
4. Good for diabetics
Papaya is an excellent #food option for diabetics as it has a low-sugar content even though it is sweet to taste. Also, people who don't have diabetes can eat papaya to prevent it from happening.
5. Great for your eyes
Papaya is rich in vitamin a which helps protect your vision from degenerating. Nobody wants to lose their ability to see due to diseases like age-related macular degeneration, and eating papayas will ensure that you do not see a day where you cannot see.
6. Protects against arthritis
Arthritis can be a really debilitating disease and people who have it may find their quality of life reduced significantly. Eating papayas are good for your bones as they have anti-inflammatory properties along with vitamin c which helps in keeping various forms of arthritis at bay. A study published in annals of the rheumatic diseases showed that people who consumed foods low in vitamin c were three times more likely to have arthritis than those who didn't.
7. Improves digestion
In today's times, it is nearly impossible to avoid eating foods that are bad for your digestive system. Often we find ourselves eating junk food or restaurant food prepared in excessive quantities of oil. Eating a papaya daily can make up for such occasional mistakes, as it has a digestive enzyme known as papain along with fibre which helps improve your digestive health.
8. Help ease menstrual pain
Women who are experiencing menstrual pain should help themselves to several servings of papaya as an enzyme called papain helps in regulating and easing flow during menstrual periods.
9. Prevents signs of ageing
All of us would love to stay young forever, but no one in this world has managed to do it. Still, healthy habits like eating a papaya daily will prolong the process and may make you look 5 years younger than you are. Papaya is rich in vitamin c, vitamin e and antioxidants like beta-carotene which helps prevent your skin from free radical damage keeping wrinkles and other signs of ageing at bay.
10. Prevents cancer
Papaya is a rich source of antioxidants, phytonutrients and flavonoids that prevent your cells from undergoing free radical damage. Some studies have also linked the consumption papaya to reduced risk of colon and prostate cancer.
11. Help reduce stress
After working hard for the whole day, it is a good idea to come home to a plate papayas. The wonder fruit is rich in several nutrients like vitamin c which can keep you free from stress. According to a study conducted at the university of Alabama, found that 200 mg of vitamin c can help regulate the flow of stress hormones in rats.
She made a miscarriage of pregnancy after 4 months There after she is not getting conceived please Help.
Am getting problem in conceiving. Aftr examining diagnosed with PCOS in my right ovary. Doctors gave me 3 months treatment and then again it wl take few months to conceive. Is there any way to get pregnant soon.
Women who have abnormally large breasts usually tend to develop them during adolescence or during pregnancy. Large breasts can cause physiological problems apart from being unsightly. Some of the problems commonly reported by women include back and neck problems. Let's explore one of the most common methods of breast reduction known as the keyhole method.
What is the keyhole method of breast reduction?
The Keyhole method of breast reduction is the most commonly prescribed form of breast reduction surgery. In this method the doctor places an anchor or a keyhole shaped incision around the areola extending to the underside of the breast. Then a small device is inserted to melt fat and a low power vacuum is used to extract it. After this is done the area is stitched up reducing the breast size.
The extent of the incision:
The length and breadth of the incision can vary from case to case. However, the following areas usually tend to have scarring:
- The area around the nipple known as the areola: A round circular incision is made around the areola to open up this section of the breast.
- Downwards from the areola to underside of the breast: This is where the keyhole shape comes into prominence as this is an extension of the incision to open up the breast.
- The area on the underside of the breast along a horizontal curve: This may vary in extent from patient to patient depending upon how much tissue needs to be removed and thus may be larger or smaller.
The advantages of keyhole method of breast reduction:
There are many valid reasons why this method is the most prescribed and most popular form of breast reduction. Let's look at some of the reasons below.
- The most minimally invasive method: Conventional breast reduction may employ techniques, which open up the breast, which is a longer and more complicated form of surgery, and thus the keyhole method being the least invasive has its own advantages.
- Lesser scars: With other forms of breast reduction, the scars along the incision lines may be much larger. With the keyhole method, much of the scarring is hidden away due the shape of the incision as well as the size being smaller.
- Quicker healing: Most forms of keyhole surgery use liposculpture or the extraction of fat rather than full excision of tissues and thus it generally translates to quicker healing. Even in cases where excision is performed, healing still tends to be quicker with this method as the incisions tend to be smaller.