Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Homeopaths in India. You will find Homeopaths with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Homeopaths online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. AnuYour feedback matters!
I am 32 years old married man, while having sex I get ejacuated very early which makes me dissatisfied.
I am handicapped from my right side full body. But I can walk slowly sometimes fast. But my tummy is too fat and my weight is 80 kg. What can I do to reduce my weight and tummy so I can walk easily.
Foreskin is attached to my penis tip and it becomes bubbles when I go for piss? How to remove foreskin from tip of the penis naturally? I am 21 year old.
I have remembering problem and I forget all things what I have learned one month back. What should I?
I feel dizziness and sometimes weakness and also lost some weight even though my diet is good. Lack of stamina too.
I facing least weight and I want to increase my weight in least time. So, please provide guidance for increasing my weight.
I have a black spot on my face just near my nose it's been more than two weeks but it's not going I waited if it will go it self but it's not going want should I do to get it go?
I sleep to much since my childhood even I get enough sleep during the night but still feel sleepy during the day also and I understand this problem since I join to live in hostel with others. And one more problem what ever I'm eating my stomach is bloating and this two problem affected my life too much. Please if there is any medicine or life style suggest me! Thank you.
I have oily skin and have acne and Pimple and I used cindamicine and benzoyl per oxide gel for 1 month. I didn't see any changes. What should I do?
The skin has a protein called keratin that protects it from infections and other harmful toxins. For various reasons, mostly unknown, but likely genetic, there could be a build up of this keratin leading to small, light-colored, hard bumps under the skin that can feel like sandpaper. This condition is medically known as keratosis pilaris. These pillars of keratin block the hair follicles that open onto the surface of the skin, and when a number of follicles are blocked, it leads to dry, bumpy feeling. In common words, it is also referred to as chicken skin, chicken bumps, or goose bumps.
- Occurrence: The onset is usually in the first decade of life, continues to grow in number in teenagers (80%), and slowly subsides as they grow older (40% of adults). People with dry skin are more likely to have these bumps than people with oily skin. The most commonly affected areas include upper arms, thighs, buttocks and very rarely on the face.
- Cause: This is a genetic disorder, and the bumps are due to excessive formation and buildup of keratin due to faulty genes. There could be surplus skin formation under these follicles or hair follicles trapped under these bumps. There could be a small area of inflammation and redness around the bumps.
- Weather Correlation: Keratosis pilaris is more common and evident during the winter months when the skin is normally drier than in summer months. Some people could have this condition lifelong, with only manifestation seen in winters and complete absence of bumps in the summer months.
- Symptoms: The condition is usually asymptomatic, except for the dryness, and does not cause itching or medical harm. The esthetic concern, especially if in upper arms, is the only concern. Some people could be affected by the hard, bumpy feeling of the skin. There are no long-term medical symptoms or harmful effects of this condition though.
- Treatment: No treatment is required; however, moisturizers may be required to prevent the bumps from drying up. In very severe cases, creams may be used to remove dead skin cells and to prevent plugged follicles. Alpha hydroxy acid, salicylic acid, or lactic acid containing creams can be used to remove the dead skin cells. These also help moisturize the skin and reduce dryness. Vitamin A containing creams can be used to unplug the hair follicles.
- A word of caution though: These creams can cause itching and redness. Since this condition is prevalent in children, these creams need to be used only if absolutely essential and with medical prescriptions. The condition is harmless and self-limiting, so no treatment is mandatory. Patient education is of utmost importance in these cases.