Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ankitha
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. AnkithaYour feedback matters!
My eyes feeling itching and closing itself, if I see bright lights. When I face sun while driving if the sun is on my face I was unable too see the road properly, I have cover my eyes and give shade with my hands. Why and my eyes got wet when I see any kind of bright light, why is this happening.
I have been suffering from headache since some one year or so. The occipital part ache the most. As I got some suggestions from friends I got my eyes check up very recently (some 2-3 weeks back) and result was 6/6. Right now if I studied for some 1 hour continuously, I got a very stress eye and a aching head. I got sleepy very fast. Sir I'm finding difficulty to concentrate. Please help.
Hi. From this week I found my left eye itching and just a little pain. But yesterday I got up with it red and puffy and even this morning it is still red.. I got this drop clear eyes maximum redness relief but I am not sure if it is the best for it. I am feeling like something is rolling in it. It is very uncomfortable. What should I do? Thanks for your quick response.
Cataract, jise hum motiyabind bhi kehte h, ankho ki wo beemari hai jisme aankho k lense ki transparency dheere dheere kam hone lagti hai aur isse ankho ki roshni kaafi kam hojati hai. Iska ilaaj cataract surgery he hai. Isme koi dawaiya kaam nahi karti hai. Cataract surgery me ankho k defective lens ko nikal kar artificial lens laga dia jata hai, jisse hume fir se dikhna shuru hojata hai. Aaj kal cataract surgery ki latest technique ka naam Phacoemulsification hai. Isme hume ek chote se cheere se phacoe probe ko ankh k ander dala jata hai. Ye motiye k, yani cataract k defected lens k chote chote pieces ko pighla k bahar nikal deta hai. Aur fir usi cheere se artificial lens ankho k ander laga diya jata hai.
Jo lens ankho ke ander lagaya jata hai, use hum mukhya roop se 2 tarah se divide kia ja sakta h;
- Unifocal lens
- Multifocal lens
Unifocal Lens: Jese ki naam se pata lagta hai, unifocal lens ek point pe focus banata hai. Suppose, agar humara lens door k object pe focus bana raha hai to nazdeeki cheez saaf nazar nahi aegi. Aur agar pass ki object pe focus bana raha hai to door ki cheezein saaf nazar nahi aegi. Islie is lens ke sath hume chashma lagana he padega, jo ki hume patients ko pass ki nazar ka chashma lagana he padta hai saaf dekhne ke lie.
Multifocal Lens: Multifocal lens 2-3 jagah pe focus bana sakta hai. Aur iski madad se hume nazdeek or door, dono theek se dikhai de sakta hai. Lekin Multifocal lens has some disadvantages over Unifocal lens. like;
- Multifocal lens me hume image ka contrast kam milega in comparitive to Unifocal lens.
- Multifocal lens me Glare and Halos dikhai dene ke zada chances hote hai
Konse patients ko Unifocal lens chahie or konse patient ko multifocal lens chaie, ye patients khud decide kar sakte h, according to their choice and work. Jin patents pe operation se pehle he cylindrical number zada hota hai, un patients ko focus banane k lie aise lens ki zarurat hoti hai jinme cylindrical power ho. Aise lens ko hum Toric lens bhi kehte hai.
Yani ki aise patients k liye, Unifocal toric lens ya fir Multifocal toric lens he zada acche maane jate hai jinko ki wo choose kar sakte hai.
Cataract surgery k results aj ki tareek me bohot acche hai. Lekin ultimate visual gain after cataract after the sugery depends on the condition of the eyes before sugery and how the surgery works on the patients.
There is a lot of pain in my eyes when I am working. I have specs and wear it almost all time but then also there is alot of pain and headache also which does not allow me to work properly. Please suggest what should I do?
My friend cannot see in bright light but after putting black glass spec he can see everything, He want to know what kind of disease he have? Please guide us.
I am 24 years old. I am suffering from eye pain. Its my left eye. Tried eye wash bt no use. I hope you people can help me.
I have some problems in my eyes when I read any book at evening or night and I can't read well Whenever I try to read my eyes are paining.
Also known as short-sightedness, myopia is an eye disorder, which disables a person from seeing things clearly from a distance. Myopia impedes one's capability to see distant objects vividly and induces a general sense of blurriness. One of the most common cure for myopic conditions is the constant exposure to concave lenses, which stabilizes the curvature of the refracting surface of the eye, thus improving one's sight. Hence spectacles or contact lenses become the constant companion to a myopic individual. Myopia is often accompanied by sustained headaches and chronic colds.
In fact, under certain circumstances, myopia gets aggravated progressively, which often jeopardizes the health of the eye immensely. In the contemporary situation, where we are persistently exposed to gadgets of all sorts, maintaining the health of our eye becomes a cumbersome task. Periodic monitoring by ophthalmologists is a recommended method.
However, Ayurveda offers some easy and home-based formulae to alleviate the symptoms of myopia:
- Yashti Madhu: A teaspoonful of Yashti Madhu mixed with ghee and honey can prove beneficial to healing myopic conditions.
- Saptamrita Lauha: This medicine comprises of constituents endowed with medicinal properties like triphala, yashtimadhu, lauha bhasma, ghee and honey. It benefits the nervous activities, thereby soothing myopic troubles. It reaps better results when consumed with milk.
- Diet: Myopia is often worsened by a deficiency of vitamins in the body. Therefore increasing the supply of vitamin rich food, enhances the immunity of the body and reduces the strain on the eye caused by myopia. Some of the food items that are replete with vitamins are carrots, green leafy vegetables, citrus fruits, nuts and berries. Fish is also a very effective source of vitamins and is proven to be helpful to the eye.
- Netra Tarpan: Eye drops have often been effective cure to myopia. Netra Tarpan is an ayurvedic eye drop imbued with healing properties which not only tranquilizes the irritation in the eye, but also improves the vision.
- Lifestyle changes: Executing certain lifestyle changes can result in significant improvement in one's eyesight. Yoga and meditation are known to usher explicit health benefits. Regular sleep is also a prerequisite for curing myopia.