Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Treatment of Mohs Micrographic Surgery
Nail Surgery Procedures
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Asthma Management Program
Ayurvedic Massage Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Kerala Massage Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Anish RajYour feedback matters!
Are you losing your sight day by day? Does it make difficult to see you at night? Is this the onset of Blindness? Get to know about Retinitis Pigmentosa with these tips.
What actually is Retinitis Pigmentosa?
Retinitis Pigmentosa (RP) refers to a group of diseases, which causes a slow, but progressive vision loss. It is a genetic disorder that affects the ability to respond to light.This inherited disease causes a slow loss of vision, beginning with decreased night vision and loss of peripheral (side) vision and eventually results in blindness.
Causes: Retinitis pigmentosa is often hereditary (runs in families). If you or your partner has retinitis pigmentosa, there may be up to a 50 percent chance that you will pass it on to your children. Ask an ophthalmologist about genetic counseling if you are planning to have children.
- Slow loss of vision
- Beginning of decreased night vision
- Loss of peripheral vision
- Difficulty in identifying colours
Diagnosis: If you have poor night vision or a loss of side vision or if there is a history of retinitis pigmentosa in your family, your ophthalmologist will conduct a comprehensive eye exam to determine if you have retinitis pigmentosa. Your ophthalmologist will dilate your eyes to look at the back of them for signs of disease.
Treatment: Currently there is no known cure for retinitis pigmentosa. However, research has shown that vitamin A palmitate may slow the progression of certain forms of RP. Your ophthalmologist can advise you about the risks and benefits of vitamin A palmitate and how much you can safely take. Taking too much vitamin A palmitate can be toxic, and evidence of vitamin A palmitate effect on RP progression is not substantial.
Another recommendation for slowing vision loss from RP is to wear sunglasses to protect your retina from harmful ultraviolet (UV) light.
Retinal prosthesis is also an important area of exploration because the prosthesis, a man-made device intended to replace a damaged body part, can be designed to take over the function of the lost photoreceptors by electrically stimulating the remaining healthy cells of the retina.
Dear sir, I am 27 years old Male (Bachler). From last 1 year I have so much weakness and feels mostly to masturbate, just before two months I have suffered from typhoid fever and still I feeling weak and having little beat fever continuously.
Sir I have have bad breath problem. Even I brush daily but after. Sometime again my mouth is not fresh and also when I speak lot of saliva comes in my mouth and I have little bit problem in my throat and gastric problem. What is the the solution to remove it immediately.
I have many white hairs which is increasing day by day. Suggest me to reduce my white hairs. Also I need some tips to gain my weight. Have some black marks on skin. Suggest me to get clear skin.
I have mainly headache and a over heat in the body, and some hair falling can you give a better solution to me.
Intestinal distress is usually characterised by discomfort and pain in the abdomen, as well as an irritable bowel. This is generally caused when food does not move fast enough through the food pipe, to get digested in time. In Ayurvedic terms, this undigested, unprocessed food and the toxins that it causes is known as Ama. Intestinal distress includes conditions ranging from heartburn to IBS or irritable bowel syndrome. This is also known as Grahani in Ayurveda. Want to more about treating these conditions, the Ayurvedic way? Here's how!
- Mustakarishta: This medicine helps in the prevention and treatment of loose motions as well as indigestion that causes gas and acidity.
- Dadimavaleha: This is generally prescribed for patients suffering from fever along with loose motions, and bleeding, which usually points to infections in the body.
- Kutajarishta: This concoction is used for treating patients suffering from dysentery, loose motions and mild to severe irritable bowel syndrome.
- Pushyanuga Churna: This medicine is used for treating menorrhagia, metrorrhagia, excessive bleeding during menstrual cycles and other digestive disorders.
- Kutajavaleha: This is usually used during treatment for conditions like irritable bowel syndrome, ulcerative colitis and piles. It also treats inflammation and bleeding issues. This medicine is also useful in treating patients suffering from anaemia.
- Sanjeevani Vati: This medicine can be used for treating problems associated with dyspepsia, gastro enteritis and indigestion which can lead to heartburn.
- Bilwadi Gutika: Patients who have endured rodent or insect bites as well as gastro enteritis issues can use this medicine for instant relief.
- Jeerakarishtam: This medicine is used for mothers who have just had babies and need to control frequent stools and indigestion in the post-natal period.
The use of Ayurvedic medicines necessarily needs the support of other measures like eating a healthy and balanced diet as well as massages and other such tools prescribed under this science. The medicines work towards healing and preventing further eruptions of the ailments. But for the successful treatment of the same, patients of intestinal distress need to remember not to overeat and to have meals on time, and in a routine manner. The meals should consist of cumin, turmeric and easy to digest food as well as plenty of water. Exercise is another important facet of relieving the discomfort felt under such situations.