Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. AndrewsYour feedback matters!
My wife was having mensuration date on 10 but still not done. We hd intercourse before few days but had taken the pill. So is she pregnant? And if so we do not nid child at this stage. What can be done?
My daughter is 9 years old she is in class 4. She is unable to write and copy from the blackboard. This happening from a long time.
My 14months daughter was born with low birth weight (1.75kgs). She doubled her birth weight by 5 months, but since then her weight has not increased much. Started solids after six months. Before that she was exclusively breastfed. She has got a mild pulmonary valvular stenosis but docs told it has got nothing to do with her weight gain. She is only 4kgs now. Twice during winter she has to be hospitalised with respiratory distress with upper respiratory tract infection (viral). Since than she was on nebulizer for 5 months. Done many blood tests there to find out the reason behind her poor growth as well but all test gave normal report. Only she has very high eosinophil level and high WBC count. Mentally she is alert and very active. Kindly advise what to do to improve her condition of FTT. Right now I am giving her high calorie foods like banana, sweet potato, egg yolks daily. She does not like milk at all. So I am making porridges n pudding with it and feeding her. Also she is suffering from chronic constipation since she started solids. From past two months she has to be given milk of magnesia twice daily.
My daughter 12 is having tonsils which medicine should I give her she gets this infection mostly after 1 or 2 months again n again.
A brain disorder, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) is characterized by a continuous pattern of hyperactivity and inattention, resulting in interference with normal development and functioning. The term is applied to both adults and children who exhibit these two characteristics over a long period of time. The condition is usually discovered during a child's early school years, between the third and sixth year (during which he or she may display problems associated with attention) and can go on into adulthood. Although medications are available under western medical science for treating this condition, they aren't free from any side effects.
Which remedies are generally used for treating ADHD?
Homeopathic remedies can help in easing some of the symptoms of this condition, making it easy for children to take part in normal school and social activities. A homeopath prescribes the relevant remedies after having a clear understanding of your characteristics. Some of the medicines that are used for treating the condition are Cina, Hyoscyamus Niger and Stramonium. While Cina is prescribed for alleviating aggressive behavior, Stramonium is recommended for treating fears or PTSD and Hyoscyamus Niger for sexualized or manic symptoms. But the one remedy that is most preferred for treating the varied symptoms of ADHD is Tarentula Hispana.
How is homeopathy different from conventional medicine?
When it comes to the homeopathic treatment approach for ADHD, it differs from conventional western medicine in two very different ways. Firstly, the treatment is personalized to suit your needs and health condition. For this reason, the remedy that is suggested to you differs from the one that is suggested to another individual. Such an approach allows a homeopath to better help you by addressing your specific symptoms compared to the conventional treatment of ADHD. Secondly, it treats the condition using smaller doses of the remedies and not higher doses so as to not aggravate the symptoms of ADHD.
In addition to being safe and non-toxic, when these homeopathic remedies are taken along with dietary modifications and lifestyle changes, they can bring about vital improvements in your health. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.
My son was 8years old last month he had cough we went to Dr. after checking reports he said chestinfection given somemedecine the samecough is coming this month pm say somehomeremedies this problem.
My 4 years old daughter often becomes angry when she doesn't get her desired things and then she shouts, hits everyone and takes time (near about 30-40 min) to come in normal situation. She is very sensitive in nature and close to her mother. But when she's angry even mother can not control her. We are both working parents and she stays in creche after school.
I am 37 years old, I have a son who is 9 years old. My son is very lazy to write he learns and when asked he says he correctly but the same when told to write he does not listen and does not write, and when he writes there are many spelling mistakes. Could you please suggest a way that my son gets interest in writing and learning and let me know why is this happening?
1) My infant daughter has little bubbles popping out from her mouth after being breast-fed, her tummy seems bloated, is there air trapped in her tummy ? if so how do we remove it ? 2) is it normal for my daughter to breath irregularly ? (shes' just 1 week old) 3) There are times she sleeps abt 6 hours and then stays awake for another 6 hours, is this a normal cycle for an 1 week old infant ?
My 1.5 years old son wakes up at night crying so loud and grievously that something got hurt but when we take him to lap after some time he will ease off and sleep but every 1 to 2 hr he will be doing this. This pattern is observed from last 10 days please suggest what to do?
My son age is 10 years suffering from cough and close nose from two days any medicine for him? Please advise.
Hi Team, I have twin baby girls, they are 13 months old now and one baby is 9.5 kgs weight and the other is 10.3 kgs. Is it a correct weight growth for them I am worried. I would like to ask if we can give them Threptin biscuits for better weight growth or do I need to prefer any other for them. Do suggest me with food items for them for gaining weight and for brain development.
Hi sir I have 3 months baby. Baby have big birth mole (black) on the right cheek. Iam already consult the dermatologist. Birthmole is conigintal melonocytic nevus. Any treatment for remove the birthmole please give me suggestion. Please send your email. I send baby pic.
What is the benefits of giving Somva 34 to baby? Is it fine to give it on daily basis? At what age, one should start giving it?
Hi, my niece is of five and a half years old, she has a bad body odour problem. Please tell me some remedies to get rid of the body odour. Thanks in advance.
My daughter has acute DNS. One of her nostril is completely closed due to trauma at the age of 2. She is 10. Her breast buds have started coming. Acc to her early outburst of puberty can I get her surgery done at 15- or 16 year of age. Her nose is also quite big can I get the surgery for shaping her nose also at the same time?
The mother and the father, both clearly play defined roles in the development of a child’s personality. While the mother teaches the child things like kindness and love, the father reinforces messages like hard work and dedication. Due to various reasons, there are a number of children who end up growing up with single parents. Both the child and the parent have to deal with a lot of hardships.
The patterns observed also differ based on whether the single parent is the mother or the father. There are various negative effects to this, and few of them have been listed below.
- Social disconnect: Most children growing up with a single parent do not feel normal. There is a constant feeling of confused identity. In some cases, the children may not be able to cope with these hardships leading to depression and decreased self-confidence. In the long run, the child may be less compassionate and supportive and more aggressive and confused. There could be a sense of resentment towards the parents for forcing him to live with a single parent. The kid may also despise other children who grow up with both parents. They may also have very less friends and social connect than kids with both parents
- Odd combination: If a single mother is raising a son, her contribution to his growth is very limited from a psychological point of view. They would always look for a father figure whom they can reach out to. Same is the case with a girl growing up with a single father. She misses the mother with whom alone she would be able to share some things. The overall personality in both these cases is significantly altered from boys and girls who grow up with both parents.
- Performance levels: The stress of living with single parents puts pressure on the child constantly, and there could be performance dip in academics, sports, and co-curricular activities. These children also tend to become uncooperative; therefore getting them to follow the school curriculum becomes difficult. The chances of them dropping out of education and getting expelled from school are quite high.
- Social menaces: The incidence of smoking, alcohol abuse, and substance abuse is quite high and also happens much earlier in these kids. Because of the constant stress they are in, these become outlets for them to be themselves.
- Sexual abuse: With single parent children, the chances of sexual abuse (by them and of them) are also quite high.
These are some of the psychological problems that children growing up with single parent face. Although this may not be the case with all the children as every child has a different thinking and reaction. However unpleasant it may be, this continuous battle on raising a child alone and addressing these issues has to be fought every single day. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychologist.