Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Anbu SYour feedback matters!
Sir, My baby born last week 14.03.2017 baby is normal delivery wt: 2.265 kg but after one week phototherapy at discharge status wt is 2.035 kg now continue any drops are other medical advice please sir.
As a parent, we all love our children deeply. And most of us will agree that these days parenting is very demanding and exhausting instead of pleasurable and joyous process. What has changed? It is not that children are any different. The difference is in the environment around them with stronger social influences; and this also affects the way we parent. In today's more democratic and egalitarian world; 'Do as I say and not as I do' style of parenting does not work. But, 'I will do as I see you doing' phrase from kids define our parent child relationship.
With change in social environment and influence, our strategies for correcting their behaviour and impart discipline has to undergo adaptation! When there are so many confusing and conflicting signals reach to our kids from their environment, whether we like it or not, we are still their role models. How positive parenting style will help? The core principle of positive parenting is to accept your child as an individual. We are in a democratic society and family is a small yet important part of society. Democracy does not mean allowing disrespectful and irresponsible behaviour; rather to effectively help kids change their behaviour and create harmonious and cooperative relationship with them. It also means that we as a parent need to learn to think, act and react in a different way.
Through, positive parenting, you will learn respectful disciplining methods, which would work better than demanding compliance. Through these principles and tips you will get your child to listen without screaming, nagging, reminding or evoking rebellious behaviour. More importantly this is all about building stronger relationship bond with your children and nurture them through early childhood to teen age years as they become independent, responsible, capable, kind, happy and successful young adults.
Tips to get you started:
- Everyone deserves to be treated with respect and dignity, including children.
- When your kid misbehaves instead of shouting or hitting, control your anger and respond in a calm and respectful way. Calmer but firmer tone and lower voice, yet not giving into their repeated demand, is much more effective as a discipline tool compare to nagging.
- Understandable that you have a lot on your plate, such as work, managing and keeping the home in order, managing meals and other outside responsibilities, kids sports or extracurricular activities, family obligations and so on. It is easy to get lost in all these 'have to do' activities. Parenting shouldn't be just one more task to deal with. Reconnecting with your parenting goals and aspirations periodically will help take the stress out of it and add fun into it. Spend some time daily (10 minutes will do as well!) to just listen and enjoy your child (without correcting them or giving them suggestion to improve!).
- Let your love for them be the driving force. Shift your internal conversations from 'have to' to 'want to'. As you do enormous things for your child each day, think how you are supporting their ambitions. How you are helping them become independent and strong. How you are nurturing qualities like compassion and deep listening by extending yourself.
- Give promises and keep them. As your children grow they need much more than your words to trust and rely on you. Keeping your promises, letting them know if you need to change the plan, taking their opinion in appropriate matter will go a long way.
- Seek to understand and do not impose yourself on your child. Especially when they are in their teenage, as a parent you have lot of worries, you are afraid of them making mistakes and of course you want to protect them from vices. Listening to them while keeping your focus on genuinely understanding them is the only way to go, when they know you understand them and they can trust you, the street between both of you turns two way street! They will be open to your wisdom and suggestion when they are at the cross road.
- Last but not the least, 'be a role model'. Don't preach. If they see you disrespecting others, they will not respect you. If they see you hooked on your smart phone; that is their license to keep theirs in front of their eyes 24/7. If you are hooked in front of the TV till late night and haven't picked up a book in last 6 months. Advice about reading is going to fall on dumb ears. In short, be the change you want to see in your children.
- Have family nights at least once in a week, play cards, board games or go for a walk together. Talk and listen. Just be there and listen without judgement and criticism, without thinking about how to correct them. Just enjoy each other's company and see how they are changing their opinion about you. Positive parenting doesn't mean you will never have problems in your family. You will? if you are alive and growing family. Positive parenting style will open up the avenues to keep communication alive; it will open your children to your influence. Isn't it something that we all wish for!! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychologist.
My child is 4 year old. And his behavior is not normal. He can not constraints in any task. Always angry. Always arguing with us. Speak too much but that related to nothing. What should I do?
My daughter, 15 yrs, is having phlegm which turned into yellow now along with dry cough prevalent in nights. She was running fever and we consulted a doc one week back and was prescribed antibiotic. The fever subsided next morning itself and we did not use the anti biotic. Now, with dry cough, one ear blocked and scanty yellow discharge from nose, should the anti biotic would be administered?
6 month baby boy continue sly coughing last ten days I went to doctors no result. What should I do? Sell I start giving solids, home maid food, water etc.
My daughter when she was 2 months old she weighted 5.3kgs now she is 3 months old she weighs 5.9kgs but she should weigh6.2kgs. Since there is improper weight again my paediatrician suggested to give formula milk combined with breast milk. He also told that I can start ceralac rice and wheat from 4 month. Is this fine if so please provide a schedule for formula feed and ceralac please.
My sister had got baby last month 1 month complete her delivery so how much milk should she can take.
Can you please help me out for feeding pattern for my son who is now 15 month old. What should be best for feeding to make him healthy or what should be avoided?
The early childhood period is considered to be the most important developmental phase throughout the lifespan. This period focuses on the physical, social/emotional and language/cognitive domains of development of a child, which have direct effects on their overall development as an adult in the future.
Physical Development: Physical developments of a child are associated with the motor skills and physical growth of the child. As a child grows and his or her nervous system become more mature, the child becomes more capable of performing increasingly complex actions such as walking, running, balance, and coordination which involve the larger muscles like arms and legs, as well as, some more intricate skills such as drawing, writing, grasping objects, throwing, waving, and catching, involving the smaller muscles in the fingers, toes, eyes, and other areas. Physical growth follows a directional pattern, such as the body's core, legs and arms develop before the small muscles in the fingers and hands. The muscles in the center of the body become stronger and develop before those in the feet and hands. Development goes from the head to the toes.
Cognitive Development: Cognitive abilities are associated with memory, reasoning, problem-solving and thinking that continue to emerge throughout childhood. There are four Stages of Cognitive Development:
Age Period Between
Birth to age 2
Respond to sensory stimuli by simple motor skills.
Age 2 to 6
Learn to use language, but do not understand logic or mentally manipulate information and understand others' point of view.
Concrete Operational Stage
Age 7 to 11
Begin to think logically about concrete events, but have difficulty understanding abstract or hypothetical concepts.
Formal Operational Stage
Age 12 to adulthood
Able to think about abstract concepts and develop skills such as logical thought, deductive reasoning, and systematic planning.
Language Development: It is the most remarkable development in children. According to several researches, it is found that language development begins at fetal level, as the fetus is able to identify the speech and sound patterns of the mother's voice and by the age of four months, a child can distinguish between sounds and read lips. Infants are able to differentiate between speech sounds from all languages; however, around the age of 10 months they lose this ability and begin to recognize their native language only.
I am having a 3 years old daughter, who was recently admitted to Hospital due to Nonobstructive refluxassociated chronic pyelonephritis. The doctors have given medicine and regular check up at intervals are being carried out also. But, even after so much of medication, we are unable to remove the constipation. Any suggestions on this issue as to how to resolve the problem.
Hi doctor, is it ok for a 15 days old baby to travel by air. We are planning a trip from hyderabad to delhi (approx. 2 hrs of flying time). If yes, then what precautions shall we take?
Hi Sir/Madam, I have one child. My child is 2 Years and 6 month old. He does not eat proper food. He Only take milk or some time he take namkeen or potato chips. He do not show interest in any kind of food. Dr. Banga is a famous child specialist in gwalior. Dr. Banga told me that if you do not feed your child proper food your child get in to trouble and Dr. Banga also told me that your child have low quantity of blood. Sir please help me. How can I feed my child. He do not want to eat anything. He never listen to me. What should I do?
Benefits of green coffee beans for health:
1. Rich in anti-oxidants:
Green coffee beans are rich in antioxidants, which reduce the damaging effects of free radicals in our body and take care of our overall health. A number of studies have confirmed that raw and unprocessed green coffee beans possess 100% pure chlorogenic acid (cga), which is basically an ester of caffeic acid having strong antioxidant properties. It can put a check on the levels of glucose in our bloodstream and prevent our skin cells from getting dented.
2. Boosts metabolism:
The chlorogenic acid present in green coffee beans is also known as a metabolism booster. It increases the basal metabolic rate (bmr) of our body to a great extent, which minimizes excessive release of glucose from the liver into blood. Due to the lack of glucose, our body starts burning the stored fat cells in order to fulfill its glucose requirement. Thus, pure green coffee beans raise our fat burning capability and eventually help us shed off excess weight.
3. Helps burn extra fat:
These beans also contain large amount of kelp. It is a certain type of seaweed loaded with essential vitamins and minerals. Therefore, it helps in maintaining the levels of nutrients in our body. In unison, it perks up the burning metabolism of our body so that we can burn out unwanted fat and calories fast.
4. Suppresses appetite:
If you are suffering from frequent hunger pangs, green coffee beans can help you very much. Being a strong and effective appetite suppressant, it can control our cravings for food and averts us from overeating. So, our body starts burning the fat deposits and we get rid of additional weight.
5. Treatment of diabetes:
These green beans are also capable of treating type 2 diabetes successfully. Their extract is known to lower high levels of sugar in our bloodstream, while accelerating weight loss. Both of these are essential for curing diabetes mellitus type 2.
6. Reduces levels of bad cholesterol:
Our cholesterol levels can be checked considerably with green coffee beans. Low-density lipoprotein (ldl), also known as ‘bad cholesterol’, is the main culprit that makes us vulnerable to deadly cardiovascular disorders including cardiac arrest. Studies have shown that it can be prevented by consuming green coffee bean extract regularly.
7. Helps improving blood circulation:
High blood pressure can lead us to several fatal diseases like stroke, heart failure, chronic renal failure, etc. But researchers have found the presence of a very active and powerful aspirin-like ingredient in green coffee beans that imposes a positive impact on our blood vessels by preventing platelets from getting clustered. As a result, our arteries don’t get hardened and the circulation of blood throughout our body is improved to a great extent.
8. Used for natural detoxification:
Green coffee bean extract is a natural detox. It cleanses our liver to make it free from toxins, bad cholesterols, unnecessary fats, and so on. As the liver is detoxified, its functions improve a lot which eventually perks up our metabolism and improves our overall health.
9. Boosts energy:
Due to the presence of high amount of caffeine, green coffee beans can be used as excellent energy booster. They can raise our energy level and keep us active during the whole day.
10. Reduces effect of free radicals:
Chlorogenic acid present in green coffee beans can reduce the effects of free radicals in our body up to 10 times than regular green tea. As the beans are not roasted, there are some other antioxidative agents from the polyphenol family, ferulic acid, etc, which decelerate the ageing procedure and give us youthful skin.
11. Enhances immune system:
These coffee beans are highly effective in enhancing our immune system. Due to the occurrence of potent free-radical busters, they can help our body eliminate all types of toxic and damaging elements. Consequently, we can get rid of dull and acne-prone skin.
12. Helps slowing down the appearance of signs of ageing:
Green coffee beans are also known to retain high levels of volatile materials as they do not need to undergo the roasting procedure. Gamma-aminobutyric acid (gaba), theophylline, epigallocatechin gallate, etc. Are some of such ingredients that can help us maintain our skin health and avert the appearance of wrinkles.
13. Helps moisturize skin:
Apart from the antioxidant agents, green coffee beans are also rich in fatty acids and esters including arahidic acid, linoleic acid and oleic acid, which nourishes and moisturizes our skin to stop sagging, discoloration and other severe damages.
14. Removes substances that damage hair:
Antioxidant content of green coffee beans is equally beneficial for our hair. As it helps us fight against everything toxic and damaging, our hair remains strong, healthy and beautiful.
15. Fights baldness:
Androgenetic alopecia, also called ‘female pattern hair loss’ can also be cured with green coffee beans. The extract of these beans can boost the growth as well as thickness of our hair strands significantly.