Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Anbu SYour feedback matters!
My daughter's age is five and half years but she still lisps some words like speak k to t what should I do. Please suggest me. Thanks.
My baby is 1 and half month old. I think he has gas problem because he make sound of poti but not do it. I want to know if any chances do I my feed so that he will be fine.
Hi, I am having problem in lactating milk so not able to feed my baby, she is 1_1/2, months old, tried to feed her with top feed giving formula but she does not drink that, should I feed her with cows milk.
I gave wheat rava today 1st time to 11 month boy baby. He is doing loose motion now at one time. Is not safe to give him. How?
My 1year old son is havig some swelling on his navel (umbilical. Is there anything about to worry or it is usual around these age?
My 8 month old daughter suffering from fever, diarrhoea,little cough for 2 day please prescribe medicines for her.
Meri delivery 1 January ko hui thi. C. Section hua tha. Mera beta ab 4 months 15 days ka ho gya h. Shuru mein main breastfeeding krwa rhi thi pr sath mein lactogen milk b deti thi ab mujhe doodh aana bht bht km ho gya h. please mujhe koi tareeka bataein jis se doodh jald se jald badhe koi home remedy batayein or kis wajah se doodh km ho raha h wo b batayen plz.
Hi my baby girl is 4 months old, she gets vomiting after my breastfeeding so she always feel hungry, can I start some solid foods like cerelac or nestum like that, is it safe to my baby health and which product is good for baby health cerelac, nestum or any other product, please advice.
My Son is of 4 years age, during the summer and the onset of the monsoon season he starts to have these mid size red bumps on his legs and hands, which are very itchy and once after non stop scratching the skin getting bruised and the itchiness subsides. Can you please help out on this issue.
It is sad to hear of a loved one suffering, but it is downright painful if that someone is your own child. Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) is a condition which was not paid much attention to for many years. The fact remains, however, that ADHD is something that can adversely affect the life of your child and their relationships. One example is Olympian Michael Phelps, who had been diagnosed with this disorder. In order to know if a child does suffer from it, it is important to pay attention to a few signs.
Signs You Must Not Ignore
- To start off, if a child seems to be fidgety all the time, it is a good sign that there is a chance that he or she may have ADHD. While it is true that children often display feelings of excitement as well as a degree of restlessness most of the time, the ability of a child suffering from ADHD to sit still, quite literally, surpasses any normal standards for even a very restless child who does not have ADHD.
- As a matter of fact, most children who are diagnosed with the disorder are diagnosed by the time they are 7 or 8 years old. For many kids, this has something to do with the signs that are displayed once they join school, which are related to their behavioural habits. For example, children who have ADHD are likely to show their inability to await their turn in a group activity. As a result, they are likely to interrupt not only their peers, but also their teachers to say express their thoughts.
- For those who are not well versed with this issue that so many children face, the behaviour of a child with ADHD come across as being outright selfish. However, this is really not the case. In many cases, since children with ADHD find it difficult to follow plans and set out tasks, their inability to do so is often considered as lack of intelligence. Such judgements can lower the morale of the child and make him or her feel inadequate, insecure and left out.
Many children who have ADHD are not loud and usually do not stand out in a group. Rather, they are more likely to be the quiet ones who daydream. All this can have major effects on the academic record of the child, and it is fair to say that he or she is quite likely to under perform compared to the rest of the students in the class.
If you see any of these signs, do not be alarmed. However, do seek a doctor’s opinion to know for sure if your child has ADHD. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.
My daughter passes urine frequently without her concious after a wet feel she goes to toilet is it normal as she is only 3 years old.
My daughter is 1.2 year old. She is not having her food in time. Only bottle milk feeding 5 to 6 times a day. Before a month she had food, juices etc but now she is not ready to eat anything. Is there any reason for not having food?
Children might vomit after meals due to various causes. While they may not be life threatening or potentially harmful to the child, getting to the bottom of the problem to deal with it is better, so as to prevent it from becoming a chronic problem is definitely vital.
Listed below are some of the most common reasons children might throw up:
- Gastroenteritis: This may be virus, bacteria and parasite induced. The best way to deal with it is to eat clean food and wash hands with an antiseptic soap prior to each meal. It is usually seen in combination with diarrhoea.
- Allergies: Some children who throw up might do so as it is allergy induced. To diagnose the cause of food induced vomiting, the allergens must be noticed as soon as possible as there might be more than one food ingredient causing the reaction in the child. Each time the child throws up, the parents must note down all the food ingredients consumed by the child. This helps the paediatrician in better diagnosing the underlying cause of vomiting. In children up to the age of 4, foods such as rice, poultry, milk and soy often act as triggers and it is called ‘food protein induced enterocolitis syndrome’ (FPIES).
- Backing up of food: Anti peristalsis or the backward movement of food along the digestive tract might happen in children for a host of reasons. The digestive tract has muscles which prevent the backward flow of food and instead, force the food downwards i.e. from mouth to anus. Due to children having weaker musculature in their digestive tract, regurgitation might be a frequent occurrence.
- Reflux: Swallowing large amounts of air while eating can make the child bloated leading to reflux. Reflux can also take place if the baby is being overfed.
If the child is frequently throwing up after meals, keeping them hydrated is of utmost importance. Unless a doctor prescribes them anti-vomiting medicines, they shouldn’t be administered to children. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pediatrician.