Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Anbu SYour feedback matters!
My 3 year old son has had cold and cough three times back to back in the past 2 months. For the 1st time, he was given levolin and it became okay after 3 days. For 2nd time (happened after a week), levolin did not work, and hence nebulization (budecort levolin) along with Azee200 (antibiotic) was given. It became ok after 3 days. For 3rd time (happened again after a week from 2nd), we first gave him ayurvedic medicine. He started having fever and hence gave him antibiotic again for 5 days. Till antibiotic was on, he was neither having fever not cough. Immediately after stopping antibiotic, his cough started. Now its been near to 3 weeks, the cough has not gone completely. He normally does not cough in the day. Either when he is playing/running or laughing, then he starts coughing or during night he coughs 2-3 times (4-5 coughs continuously). What should I do? I am really worried.
Does your baby’s skin taste too salty when you kiss him or her? Did he or she not poop after being born? These symptoms indicate cystic fibrosis in your baby, which is a condition that changes the way your body makes sweat and mucus. It also affects the functioning of the lungs and digestive system. The condition occurs from a flawed gene. If you have cystic fibroids, your mucus may be too thick or your sweat can be too salty. Heavy mucus clogging in your lungs may affect your ease of breathing. This is a serious and life-threatening disease, but it affects different people in different ways.
The gene known as CFTR is present in everybody. It makes a protein which controls the amount of salt and water that are moved in and out of the cells of the body. In case of cystic fibroids, the CTFR gene is broken, which occurs if you inherit two bad copies of the gene. A bad CFTR gene may lead your cells to make the wrong amount of water or salt. This makes the body incapable of getting sufficient oxygen and nutrients, as the body loses them via sweating.
Apart from the primary symptoms, several other symptoms are also likely due to cystic fibroids. The common symptoms which your child may experience are as follows:
- Coughing up thick mucus, wheezing and shortness of breath
- Sinus infections, pneumonia, or very frequent bronchitis
- Development of polyps in the nose
- Bulky, oily and foul-smelling stool
- Low bone density, widening and rounding of the fingertips and weight loss
- In later life, cystic fibroids may cause liver disease, gallstones or pancreatitis.
There is no specific treatment for cystic fibroids. Several treatments are followed for relieving the symptoms and help patients feel better, breathe easier and have lesser infections or stomach problems.
- Airway clearance technique can help you with breathing as the mucus from the lungs is cleared in the process. There are several ways to undertake airway clearance and special devices can be used for assistance.
- Several inhaled drugs such as salt solutions, steroids and antibiotics are used in thinning the mucus, clearing the lungs and fighting infections.
- Several medicines are used for fighting the inflammation and reducing swelling in the lungs.
- In case your pancreas are not working properly, you can take enzyme pills for digesting proteins and fats for absorbing more nutrients from the food you take.
- Vitamin A, E and D supplements provide the nutrients, which your intestine cannot absorb.
In case you experience the symptoms of cystic fibroids, you should consult a doctor immediately. This will allow you to go for an early diagnosis and effective treatment.