Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Anbanandan
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. AnbanandanYour feedback matters!
She is delaying her periods from a week and having problem like back ache and very frequent she goes to washroom. She has tested for pregnancy using Prega news and test shows -ve. What she can do to be sure that she is not pregnant and what she can do to get the periods and to avoid frequent going to bathroom. I anticipate a reply from you.
I got my knee twisted while playing football about 2 years ago and know when I go for running and it gives a feeling that it will happen again. What should I do?
Hi I am have back pain so I can' t doing exercise from 6 months so my weight is gain how can I reduce my weight soon
Hi, My friend is of 30 years married with 2 kids suffering from back pain, he is lining while walking consulted a doctor and performed MRI scan n x-ray in which they inform you me that he is suffering from bone TB. Now he is worried, is it curable, is it dangerous. Please explain in detail n also all possible steps or test or treatment to cure.
Im a athlete (disc n javelin throw) I get pain in my hand muscle n d shoulder. It does not show any swelling but I feel it vry stiff n unfree. please help me.
Hi I am 32 years old unmarried' have pcod problem, have met with accident 2 years back. Got tibia fibula fracture. My weight is 69 kg and that is 5.3. I have got multiple problems like continuous back ache and spondylisis. Also got some skin infection on right arm and itching. I feel I am diabetic too. Please help me with proper diet so that I can loose 10-15 kg
Sir I have pain in legs in behind 2years. I can't put on in front. Than pain in my behind legs. Pain in my back. My bp is low some time. On rain time I pain my back. I am 36 years old.
Sir I am 23 and I am having severe back pain for last three years in my lower back. What should I do?
Your knee is guarded and cushioned by a cartilage known as meniscus. A meniscus tear, therefore, is an extremely painful and discomforting situation. It occurs very frequently and has emerged as one of the most commonly occurring cartilage injuries. What makes a meniscus tear an extremely common phenomenon is the way it can tear that is all it takes is a twist of the knee for it to happen.
People involved in sports mostly face the brunt of this form of injury. The risk of getting meniscus torn increases with age and tends to occur at the slightest change of direction of movement.
Some of the symptoms of a torn meniscus are:
- Pain and inflammation: It goes without saying that an internal injury of the cartilage or tearing away of it would inevitably result in extreme pain and inflammation near the knee.
- Immobility: The extreme pain and inflammation, which follows will inevitably make it difficult to move. Since the pain occurs in the joint, you will have difficulty in walking and any forceful movement will only aggravate the pain.
- Locking of the knee: Locking of the knee refers to a situation when you are unable to move your knee. This occurs most commonly after you have your meniscus torn.
Notwithstanding its frequency of occurrence, there are several ways, by which you can treat a torn meniscus. Some of the ways are:
- Apply ice: In order to get some relief, applying ice is a suitable option. If you apply ice every day for some time, it wonders in reducing swelling and the consequent pain.
- Use a bandage: In order to control the swelling, it is important that you cover your knee with an elastic bandage.
- Change the posture: It is important that you keep the affected knee in an elevated plane, in order to ensure an efficient blood supply and a consequent relief from pain.
Some Medical Treatments
There are many things to consider when deciding how to treat your torn meniscus, including the extent and location of the tear, your pain level, your age and activity level, your doctor's preference, and when the injury occurred. Your medical treatment choices are:
- Nonsurgical treatment with compression, elevation, and physical therapy. This may include wearing a temporary shoulder brace.
- Surgical repair to sew the tear together.
- Partial meniscectomy, which is surgery to remove the torn section.
- Total meniscectomy, which is surgery to remove the entire meniscus. This is generally avoided, because this option increases the risk for osteoarthritis in the shoulder.
- Whenever possible, meniscus surgery is done using arthroscopy, rather than through a large cut in the shoulder.