Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Anand Nott
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Anand NottYour feedback matters!
What steps measures and precautions to be taken to keep hair strong and healthy during teenage years?
I have dark circles under my eyes. I wear glasses with power of +2.5. The optician told that it's a problem of skin and not the eyes. Please help me in reducing these dark circles.
I have problem of dandruff and because of that hair fall. I twice wash hair in week and also use lemon to remove dandruff but dandruff did not remove completely after one or two days it increases again. I also use onion juice for wash. As I see that onions is good for hair because of it have sulfur. So please give me solution how to rid off dandruff permanently and also to increase my hair growth.
Sir my age is 25 years old . I am loosing hair on my beard its looking like smooth patches on beard please tell me the medication.
My grandpa is 75 years old he is a sugar patient. Some days before he had a red rash around his elbow. Then after that his elbow became black and its injured now. Its like a little hole formed and puss is coming out. How to cure his elbow? Skin around his elbow is coming off little by little. Please help!
I have pimples in my face. It's dry and become black once it get cleared. Worried about black spots. Help me out. Thanks in advance.
My hairs becoming thin. But not falling. I use patanjali hair shampoo n oil from last two 3 months. Is that is happening becoz of those. Plzz tell me remedies n tell me which oil n shampoo is best for men hairs.
" BURN MARKS" 20 days before my hand accidentally burn by hot cooking oil. Now my hand is good. But it left a big burn mark on my hand. Which is in big part. It looks totally ugly. I want to remove the burn mark. For removing burn marks, till now I haven't used anything except one home remedy. That is turmeric paste over that part. Please give any cream name. Which can be very effect full on burn Marks. Please.
My son born on 02.05. 2015. He has dandruff problem on his head. What will we do? he has also gastric problem. Tight stomach. Making noise woh. Woh. What will we do? any precaution?
I have pimples in my face some times it becomes oily skin which sunscreen lotion shall I used to get the result.
Pigmentation on face can be due to melasma, acne, age or sun spots or post inflammatory hyperpigmentation. Medicated creams and chemical peels are the recommended treatment. Glycolic, lactic, mandelic, salicylic, tca are different types of peel which when chosen appropriately reduce pigmentation as well as improve skin texture. However it can cause skin burns if not used correct so always get such procedures done by dermatologists.
Hyperpigmentation is a relatively harmless condition, but can affect a person’s self-image and psyche. This skin condition is characterized by dark patches on the skin due to exposure to UV radiation or as a sign of aging. It is caused by an excessive production of melanin in the body. Hyperpigmentation affects people of all ages and with all skin types. However, fair-skinned people are at a higher risk of suffering from this condition than dark skinned people.
This condition can be treated in a number of ways including:
- Laser: Laser treatment for hyperpigmentation improves skin tone and boosts collagen production. With advancement in laser technology, scarring is no longer a very big risk with this form of treatment. Depending on the degree of hyperpigmentation argon or carbon dioxide lasers may be used in with short pulses or long pulses. Treatment can take anywhere between 30 to 45 minutes and is relatively pain free.
- Chemical peels: Chemical peels rid the skin of its top most layer and bring new cells to the surface. This gives the skin an even tone and eliminates dark spots and patchiness. A light salicylic acid or glycolic acid peel is ideal for hyperpigmentation treatment. This is often used in cases where the patient’s skin is resistant to over the counter topical treatment. The concentration of active ingredients in the peel depends on the skin tone. Mild skin discolouration and blotchiness can be treated with a superficial peel while age spots and freckles require a medium peel.
- Topical ointments: Topical ointments are usually the first form of treatment for hyperpigmentation. Hydroquinone or retinol are the most commonly prescribed ointments. Broad spectrum sunscreen that offers protection against UVA and UVB rays can also help prevent further sun damage and dark spots. Skin lightening creams with soy or niacinamide as active ingredients also help brighten skin tones.
Apart from these forms of treatment, there are also a number of home remedies for this condition. Some of these home remedies are:
- Rubbing a freshly sliced or the juice of a grated potato on the skin
- Applying a combination of cucumber and lemon juice on the skin
- A grated papaya face mask
- Soak almonds in milk overnight and then skin them and puree with the milk. Apply this mixture on the affected areas.
- A mask of guava and banana pulp