Lybrate.com has an excellent community of ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. AmbalaganYour feedback matters!
I am 41 years old. Having a snoring problem. I am over weight. Tried to reduce but failed. Please guide me.
When I lean down my nose starts bleeding. Frequently. But not always. Consulted an e. N. T, suggested plain ct scan of paranasal sinuses. Findings are 1) nasal septum deviated to right 2) hypertrophied bilateral inferior turbinates wih edematous nasal mucosa s/o sinonasal inflammatory disease all other things are noted normal in d report. Can anyone one tell me what does this mean? do I have sinus. But I do not have cold or something. But sometimes blockage of one hole sometimes other. But no breathing trouble.
I have itching in my ear and it starts paining sometimes I feel like I have hearing loss in my ear after I kept itching. Please suggest some solution.
I have regular nose bleeding during summer and when do thinking with stress. Any good medicine to stop nose bleeding?
Hello my hubby has night blindness in left eye as congenital. He is 33 years old. What is treatment on this? I am 34years old. We got married ago 4 yrs. We both are deaf dumb. I got miscarriage ago 3 years 1st time. After that I consulted to Dr. but not become successfully nowadays for pregnancy. My USG report n all blood reports r normal. His semen report also normal. Only my ovulation is late i. E. On 17th day. Can hubby's problem (night blindness) become in baby in future? My all families n his all families r normal. My mummy papa got married in relationship n his mummy papa also. I am in tension please help me.
I always face throat infection at least twice in month, some times drinking water might cause for this reason I don't drink water also due to this unhealthy problem and my body is excess of heat.
I am 22 years old aur mujhe last 3 weeks sie mere gale m halka sa dard h aur jab me sans leta hu toh gala suka suka. Sa lagta h dard vaise toh halka sa h aur kabi kabi hi hota h maine medical se viscodyne-D li ti liking . Abi bhi vaisi hi h please koi medicine btaye.
Hi Doctors, Please help me I'm 18 weeks pregnant & suffering from soar throat for past 4 days with headache with temperature 98-99 I'm really scared my tummy feels cold some time please help me please.
Hi. I have tinnitus problem in both ears recently. It increased in the right ear. Audiogram suggests mild conductive hearing loss n I was told that tinnitus is not due to hearing issues. Then wht else causes these sounds and sometimes it gets very annoying. Thanks.
I am 57 years old I got nasal allergy problem presently I am using livo cetrizine tablets but it is worrying me frequently how to over come this problem.
My mother is getting Cough followed by itching throat and then vomiting a lot. Please advise medicine as soon as possible. She has taken azithromycin, but no effect.
Pain in throat/neck (Closer to left side) especially when swallowing.(feel like strained vocal cords). This pain started a little bit after singing along with the radio earlier. What is this and what should I do?
Hlo doctor I want to ask that I have cough problem all the time my nose gets blocked and headache. M also very week. No growth at all.
A full-fledged sleep is important for human health. For many years, scientists are researching all of the parameters of sleep, ascertain their significance for the body, deal with the causes of snoring, which sometimes is the main enemy of the quality of sleep.
Without treatment, challenged the dream can lead not only to the constant fatigue, but also a cause of such effects as the occasional bout of drowsiness (gipnolepsiya), myocardial infarction, lowering the protective forces of the organism or violation of the brain.
According to the statistics they snore in sleep 25 % of the people on the earth after thirty years, and this applies to both men and women. Snoring makes it difficult to sleep man, but not prevents sleep so much as sleep apnea, which is the most serious consequence of snoring.
Reason for snoring:
1. Excessive weight muscle tone becomes weak, which is the cause of snoring. Even with a mild degree of obesity increases the risk of snoring in 10 times, and syndrome obstruktivnogo sleep apnea are diagnosed by more than half of the cases.
2. Hereditary anatomical differences (the defunct ago chin, little lower jaw - mikrognatiya, large tongue, cleft palate, iskrivlennaya septum nose, tongue)
3. Chronic diseases (adenoids nasal, sinus problems, chronic tonsillitis, allergic rhinitis)
4. Reduced the function of the thyroid gland. The lack of thyroid hormones causing nasal mucous membranes with edema and obesity, i. e. The right to two factors that provoke snoring.
Sinuses are cavities in our skull behind the nose which spread out in a pattern. These cavities are lined with tissues and mucosal membranes and are essential for our breathing process. Sinusitis is a condition where the tissues within the cavities become inflamed which results in the sinus cavities being blocked due to a buildup of fluid.
What are the conditions that can lead to sinusitis?
Some of the conditions that can cause nasal polyps are explained as follows:
- Nasal polyps are small growths of tissue within the lining of the nose which may block the sinuses, resulting in sinusitis.
- Common cold is also a culprit which may result in sinusitis
- If your septum or the bridge between the holes of the nose is deviated (this condition is referred to as a deviated septum), you may be prone to developing sinusitis.
- The lining of the nose may swell in a condition known as allergic rhinitis and cause sinusitis as well.
Types of sinusitis
There are multiple types of sinusitis which may affect people and also on how long they last. The various types of sinusitis are explained below:
- Acute sinusitis: This is the most common form of sinusitis that lasts usually between 2 to 4 weeks. It starts with a cold, blocked nose and turns into facial pain that usually starts very suddenly.
- Chronic sinusitis: This is a form of sinus infection which can have a debilitating effect on your life and may last for 12 weeks or longer.
- Sub-acute sinusitis: This is somewhere between acute and chronic sinusitis and may last from anywhere between 4 to 12 weeks.
- Recurrent sinusitis: This form of sinus infections tend to be a variation of acute or sub-acute sinusitis which tends to occur multiple times a year.
Symptoms of sinusitis
The manifestation of the symptoms of sinusitis may be different from person to person and also on the type of sinusitis you are suffering from. However, there are some generic symptoms that are common to all forms which are mentioned as follows:
- Smelling senses may be dulled
- Facial pain
- Congestion accompanied by a cough
- Nose may be blocked, stuffy and may also be runny
- Other symptoms may also include bad breath, fatigue, or even dental pain
- Nasal cavity may have pus and it may drain from time to time
It is best to consult a doctor quickly, if you have been having any of these symptoms. The doctor can prescribe nasal decongestants and antibiotics which can help. If you have chronic or recurrent sinusitis, then more aggressive and advanced treatments may be required. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ent Specialist.