Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Alfred RajanYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from back pain. Can you please tell me how to recover from it? I don't want any kind of operations.
I was cured from spinal koch's and compression of disc between d10-d11, in march. 2012 after taking treatment ak2 for 18 months. Now I am excess weight and put up some belly also. Does this cause lower back pain as I am getting it now. Please clarify.
My mother is suffering from severe Knee pain for which we consulted a famous rheumatologist doctor at Delhi Apollo hospital Dr. Rohini Honda. He found that Mom has Osteoarthritis at Knee and suggested to take: 1. Kondro Acute 1 tablet daily 2. Nurokind LC once daily for 2 months 3. Tablet D3 Must once in a week--2 months After continuing the same although she has recovered but still having pain like something is stretching her back side of Knee. This happens when she tries to stand up. We have heard a lot about you for Knee pain details. So please suggest whether the pain can be reduced without any surgery/operation?
I have pinching headache chest burn numbness anxiety palpitation muscle jerks for the last three month had primary care but not resolved what should I do. Whom I should consult.
There is a pain in my neck and I am not feeling sensation on my right side neck behind ear what is the cause and how to cure it.
I have back pain on my lower back. I'm working regularly in computer daily more than 8 hours. Please send some physiotherapy tips.
I have a back pain. Due to long journey in a car. I was travelled 16 hrs continuously. Please help me to cure this.
Hello Doctor, I often get pain in my lower back (2 - 3 months interval), which gets reduced in 2 - 3 days I take a pain killer and some rest. What should I do to be permanently well?
Hello doctor my self ravvi. I am 28years old man. I have so much pain in my right hand shoulder what should I do.
I have pain in my head how can I minimize within 3 to4 days so what can i do I have also pain in legs over5 days.
Hello, doctor I am female 24 years old I am suffering from severe head ache and head ache and hair fall. Please suggest me some medicines and your precious suggestions. Doctor I am suffering from severe cold fever and back pain please help me from your side.
Sir, I am 35 years old, my problem is my both legs fracture in train accident so my both legs pain please advise.
I am 25years old. I have a back pain since last two days. I have also taken medicine but there is no relief. Kindly suggest me something. Thank you.
I have been playing foot ball for the last 10years now I who admitted with back pain for the last 6months can you please help me?
I have back pain and leg pain help me to remove this pain please lets send me this message to inform you.
How should you approach pain caused due to sports injuries??
Sports injuries can happen to any person who engages in sporting activities. These affect full-time athletes as well as those who partake in sports and exercising on an occasional basis. Most sports injuries are acute and affect the muscles and skeletal system. Usually, they are not chronic unless caused by a grave accident or left untreated.
The most common types of injuries caused due to sports are as follows:
Treatment of sports injuries depends on a number of factors such as the type of injury, part of the body affected, the intensity of the pain, and the patient's age and medical history.
Accordingly, the most common ways of approaching the pain caused by sports injuries are:
- Immediate remedies: Several quick aid, home remedies are used to treat pain that is caused by minor injuries to muscles, such as sprains and strains. It involves alleviation of pain through rest, using ice packs and hot water bags, wearing supports and elastic compression bandages.
- Medication: Many medicines such as painkillers and anti-inflammatory pills, creams and sprays effectively reduce pain caused by sports injuries. In extreme cases, morphine and codeine are also prescribed.
- Physical therapy: A number of injuries can be treated and cured through certain exercise and workout routines. These aim at stretching and strengthening the affected area to provide pain relief through increased flexibility and muscle activity.
- Injections: Various substances and chemical compounds can be injected into the injured area which works on the affected ligaments, tendons, and cartilage to reduce inflammation and relieve pain.
- Surgical procedures: This is generally resorted to in case of damage to the skeleton in the form of broken bones and cracked ribs.
- Interventional Pain relieving procedures: These include regenerative or stem cell therapy, and neuromodulation techniques using radio frequency current. They may result in best results without any tissue cutting or damage. A pain specialist may be able to help you best in that case.
Devising the exact treatment method requires a thorough examination of the injury. Diagnosis can only be provided after taking into consideration the many factors that affect treatment. The method of treatment varies from case to case and consequently, the recovery time also differs. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pain management specialist.